• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

@ A10theHero A10theHero

Well written report.

While I don't personally mind the idea of Twilight having a love interest when on paper, what bothered me about it was how utterly badly it was written. "meets and gets to know human, is suddenly in love with his pony counterpart that she's never met before". That just doesn't make any sense from a storytelling standpoint. Also, the fact that she was attracted to a human in the first place is just a disturbing thought.

The humanization concept is what bothers me the most about the film, by far. Not only because of the potential sexualized designs (I do feel like some kind of came off that way) but also because the film comes off being a lot more feminine to me than the show does. And a little too much for my tastes. And most of all, I've never liked humanized characters in the first place. The characters are perfectly unique and fine as they are when they start out as....well, whatever they are, be it animals to robots or some totally unique fantasy creature. Making them into humans takes away from the elements that made them what they are in the first place, and I lose the appeal in them from it. This is a perfect example of pointless humanization.

That being said, I've heard that the second EG film is far better than the first, and the Sunset Shimmer character gets some major development.

I actually remember that!

Guess that means you're Cadance and Keyblade is Discord :troll:

A10 is Twilight then. :p

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Dear Princess @ The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn , Princess @ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming , and Princess @ KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms ,

Since I finished Season 3, I decided to watch the first Equestria Girls movie since that's where it fits in the chronology. I had a mixed reaction to it. I guess I'll start with what I liked about it. The music wasn't bad. The story, for the most part, wasn't bad either. (Though the story is the perfect segue into what I disliked about the movie). Now, the thing that bothers me most about the movie is: WHY IS THERE ROMANCE IN THE MOVIE? That was never really important in the TV show, so why did it have to be added so heavily into this story? It was so unnecessary. Is a romantic interest really needed to "complete" a female lead? And also, teenage girls? Seriously? It's like they wanted to sexualize the characters to appeal to the adults of the fandom. And to me, it seemed implied that they were all young adults, not teenagers. So this whole high school setting seems too forced if you ask me. All-in-all, this whole idea of ponies becoming human (and then pony-human hybrids) didn't sit well with me. Equestria Girls did have some redeeming elements in it, but it wasn't enough to cover up its glaring issues. That said, I am happy to say that I'm going to resume watching the TV series, which I know is much better than this.

Signed,
Your Faithful Student,
A10

P.S. @Fluttershy is awesome!
My faithful student,
The second Equestria Girls film is much better than the second. Chronologically, it takes place after Season 4 and some Youtube-Exclusive Shorts, which we will link you to when the time comes.
- Princess Keyblade

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
From what I saw online, the general consensus is that the second one is much better. So I'm looking forward to that one. :grin:
And also, I know about the shorts since the website from where I saw the first movie (kisscartoon.me) has them there as well.
Also, it's your choice which pony you want to be--you can sort that out amongst yourselves. And you don't have to be somepony else, like how @ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming signed his letter as Princess Keyblade.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
From what I saw online, the general consensus is that the second one is much better. So I'm looking forward to that one. :grin:
And also, I know about the shorts since the website from where I saw the first movie (kisscartoon.me) has them there as well.
Also, it's your choice which pony you want to be--you can sort that out amongst yourselves. And you don't have to be somepony else, like how @ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming signed his letter as Princess Keyblade.

I am so proud you finally learned that Friendship is Magic.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Does that mean we can start calling him "Princess A10"?

Fun Fact: I spent my entire first month on Smashboards without a single like.

Where the heck were you posting during that time? :p

Also, I didn't have any likes in my earliest days either. Combination of not being nearly as mature and intelligent as I am now and just being incredibly infrequent. I practically took several months worth of a break from here before coming on again. Then I got my first few likes when I came back.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Where the heck were you posting during that time? :p
Neither the Forum Games nor the Asylum, that's for sure. :smirk:

My first like was actually something concerning the different kinds of Omega stages, iirc.

Also, I didn't have any likes in my earliest days either. Combination of not being nearly as mature and intelligent as I am now and just being incredibly infrequent. I practically took several months worth of a break from here before coming on again. Then I got my first few likes when I came back.
I'm neither of those and I got 17k (gon' be 18 soon) :troll:

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649

You know, this game is a lot like FNAF. Avoid the moderators and try to survive until you finish.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Neither the Forum Games nor the Asylum, that's for sure. :smirk:

My first like was actually something concerning the different kinds of Omega stage.

I'm neither of those and I got 17k (gon' be 18 soon) :troll:

You know that's not true. :smirk:

Did I mention I had a more awkward sense of humor back then too?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Last edited:
Top Bottom