• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

If my memory serves right...didn't you say it was your sister who apologized for acting like the way she used to?

And I imagine what he said must've been either really harsh and/or elaborate. The fact that they never really tried to turn your attitude around doesn't help either...

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Yes, it was her. I'd say she was more like the follower in the pair of my sister and brother. She was fairly tolerable when he wasn't around. She became rather dismissive and harsh when he was around. And he, well, definitely liked to laugh at me. A lot. He thought me getting angry at him and trying to attack him was highly amusing. In hindsight, it WAS, in a way.
He's actually a very mature and intelligent man these days. Probably the most mature in the whole family, and he's totally different now. For some reason, my sister still gets more harsh and pushy around him. I guess she wants to impress him...?

In my bro's defense, he had a lot of stress at the time, work, growing into a man, etc.

Also, the incident with my father. It's actually good for a laugh, to my mind, for sheer absurdity.
OK, so we, as in, the whole family, meaning me, my mom, dad, bro, and sister, are standing around, talking. The subject ends up on the things I had done as a very young child, the phase before I developed rational thought. We're all laughing, I believe, including me, though I may or may not have been somewhat embarrassed/guilty, can't remember.

Note: Quotes are paraphrased, somewhat.

Anyway, after one of the events was recounted, my sister said something like, "Why did he do that?"
Dad:"He just did stuff. You were the same way."
He then recounted something my sister did when she was at that phase. I laughed, pretty hard, IIRC. I'm not sure if anyone else really laughed or not. Anyway...IIRC, my sister looked somewhat embarrassed/flustered.

Mom:"Don't tell them that, Dad!"
Dad:"Why?"
Mom"It's not alright, not with him laughing over there! ( Him meaning me. )
My dad looks at me. He says "He's not going to laugh, because if he does, he'll be grounded."
Now in my memory, he sounded dead serious. I certainly thought he was.

Now, I can't remember what thing my sister did that my recounted, but I don't remember being anything worse than what I did.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It probably has something to do with that (impressing, wanting to stay on his "good"-side etc..) yeah.

As for that other situation.
Yet again, that sounds very overly-harsh, if he was indeed serious about it.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

that is something not worth grounding someone over.. I've been grounded but was still rebellious. I've broken the rules by playing games without them knowing..

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
These days, I really just laugh at that event, albeit incredulously. It seems to me it stemmed from a female favoritism kind of thing, but who knows.

204 Bob-ombs.

Feel better, Jay :c
I actually do. Talking about the past has cleared my head some.

Last edited:

PlasticSilver

Smash Rookie
NNID
EyelessVagabond
3DS FC
3496-9511-1528
These days, I really just laugh at that event, albeit incredulously. It seems to me it stemmed from a female favoritism kind of thing, but who knows.

I actually do. Talking about the past has cleared my head some.
208 great! C:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I do remember my siblings doing some nice things for me. Such as helping me get past difficult segments in video games by doing it for me ( aka, almost the whole thing, lol. )

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
It is to difficult to let the past go. I need some Jedi training to help with that.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Didn't you say you haven't seen the Star Wars movies yet? If my memory served right again, then you really should watch them some time.

I'm glad talking about all of that has helped you feel better, by the way.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Yes and no.
I've watched 1, 4, and 5 ( a bit of 3, too. And I have read a book of 1 and 2, and seen Lego Star Wars versions of them all ( aka, seeing key points). )

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

The Lego Star Wars games are fun and silly but naturally the story isn't enjoyable in the same way through them.

IMO all of the Star Wars movies are excellent, the prequels (1 through 3) have a few flaws here and there, though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I never did quite see where the prequel hate came from. Is this guy that revolting?
Most people didn't like him because his character was pretty much useless throughout the whole film, only making things worse for the other protagonists. They also found his voice annoying (doesn't personally bug me though) and found the attempted humor he was involved with to be annoying as well.

George Lucas himself even said Jar Jar was specifically put into the movie to appeal to young children.

I feel like some people hate him a little too strongly, lol. I can understand where it stems from though.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

Most people didn't like him because his character was pretty much useless throughout the whole film, only making things worse for the other protagonists. They also found his voice annoying (doesn't personally bug me though) and found the attempted humor he was involved with to be annoying as well.

George Lucas himself even said Jar Jar was specifically put into the movie to appeal to young children.

I feel like some people hate him a little too strongly, lol. I can understand where it stems from though.
I personally enjoy what he brings, though I can indeed see why some hate him.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I never did quite see where the prequel hate came from. Is this guy that revolting?
A friend of mine told me that he used to love Jar Jar Binks for some odd reason as a young child.

His parents took note of that, and for his birthday they got him this life-size carboard cutout of Jar Jar somehow. Of course, they had to stuff it somewhere, so they put it in his closet. The only problem with that is that the closet did not have a door. So each night, when my friend would peer out from under the sheets, he would see Jar Jar hiding in the darkness of his closet. Always watching him sleep with that dumb smile on his face.

Needless to say, he no longer liked Jar Jar after all of that.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I personally enjoy what he brings, though I can indeed see why some hate him.
I definitely don't mind him being the movie, that's for sure. He makes some small appearances in the second and third movies as well (being much more civilized and less clumsy here).

A friend of mine told me that used to love Jar Jar Binks for some odd reason as a young child.

His parents took note of that, and for his birthday they got him this life-size carboard cutout of Jar Jar somehow. Of course, they had to stuff it somewhere, so they put it in his closet. The only problem with that is that the closet did not have a door. So each night, when my friend would peer out from under the sheets, he would see Jar Jar hiding in the darkness of his closet. Always watching him sleep with that dumb smile on his face.

Needless to say, he no longer liked Jar Jar after all of that.
...huh.

I didn't think I'd ever hear a story of someone being frightened by Jar Jar, lol.

Last edited:

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
I got my flank kicked by Twilight in Fighting is Magic, and I was playing as Apple Jack :( . The game's harder than I expected.

Last edited:
Top Bottom