• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

I can understand and respect that you don't want to share the details of it, but still I hope you feel better soon...
As you may recall from my blog entry, my family was not encouraging about me not acting cheerful in my early years...lol.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I imagine it's why I have difficulty saying exactly why I am upset.
How you treat someone when they are young does have an affect on how their personality grows.
So if my family doesn't like how I've turned out, perhaps they should look back on what they did. If I became a loner and they don't like that, they've partly themselves to blame. lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I can't see things directly from your point of view but in my opinion they never should have done anything like that.

There's nothing wrong with children being upbeat and happy in their lives (you said it was in your earlier years, I imagine you must've been quite young then). It's quite good for them to be happy actually. I don't know why they were so disapproving of it

Hopefully they do at least look back on it and reconsider their thoughts some day.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

I can't see things directly from your point of view but in my opinion they never should have done anything like that.

There's nothing wrong with children being upbeat and happy in their lives (you said it was in your earlier years, I imagine you must've been quite young then). It's quite good for them to be happy actually. I don't know why they were so disapproving of it

Hopefully they do at least look back on it and reconsider their thoughts some day.
No, I mean the opposite. They got scornful if I seemed upset. And oh, my, how often I had the insult 'pouty' thrown at me. Ugh. That word. So I suppose that's why nowadays I find it hard to openly admit why exactly I'm not pleased.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

No, I mean the opposite. They got scornful if I seemed upset. And oh, my, how often I had the insult 'pouty' thrown at me. Ugh. That word. So I suppose that's why nowadays I find it hard to openly admit why exactly I'm not pleased.
....I missed the word "not". A single word but one that completely changes the meaning of something. I feel unimaginably dumb now....lol....

Still, they could've handled your behavior a lot better, from the sounds of it....like being more encouraging of making you happy instead, making the effort to to try and cheer you up, instead of complaining and criticizing you for not being like that in the first place.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Still, they could've handled your behavior a lot better, from the sounds of it....like being more encouraging of making you happy instead, making the effort to to try and cheer you up, instead of complaining and criticizing you for not being like that in the first place.
You're telling me, lol. And is it that surprising I was...ahem...'pouty' around them when they laughed at me all the time? Freaking lol.
Sad truth is they would deny their actions had any irreversible effects, I don't doubt. Like say that if I have that issue, I need to fix it, or it's superficial, my fault, etc.
Which, who knows, they're probably right. *shrug*

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

You're telling me, lol. And is it that surprising I was...ahem...'pouty' around them when they laughed at me all the time? Freaking lol.
Sad truth is they would deny their actions had any irreversible effects, I don't doubt. Like say that if I have that issue, I need to fix it, or it's superficial, my fault, etc.
Which, who knows, they're probably right. *shrug*
Not surprising at all. That only makes it worse.

It really doesn't sound like they'd be right from my point of view. But I suppose I can't give a conclusive answer since, again, I can't see things from the same point of you view you had/have.

It mostly sounds to me like they were being overly harsh to you when you were young for no good reason. Hopefully one day they at least try to look back and think about that.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

Not surprising at all. That only makes it worse.

It really doesn't sound like they'd be right from my point of view. But I suppose I can't give a conclusive answer since, again, I can't see things from the same point of you view you had/have.

It mostly sounds to me like they were being overly harsh to you when you were young for no good reason. Hopefully one day they at least try to look back and think about that.
So do I. At least one of them did say they wished they had been nicer.
I'm not denying I was a nasty person around that age. But then, it's the old chicken and egg question. Which came first?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
True. My siblings were mainly the ones who antagonized me, but my parents still said a few things that were a bit harsh, in my memory. Including something from my father that still to this day makes me scratch my head as to why the heck he said what he did.

Top Bottom