• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

board selection online

RobKleiner

Smash Cadet
How does picking boards online between you and an opponent work? Like if I pick a board and then my opponent picks a different board, how is decided which gets taken?

I ask because tonight I played someone and every match came up NOT the stage I picked. AND I WAS THE HOST. It sorta made me mad. Super mad actually.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
I think it's random too, with a percent chance based on the number of people playing. If 2 people play and pick different stages, it's (I believe) a 50% chance on which one is chosen. If more than one person picks the same stage, then their percents are combined. If all four people pick the same stage, it'll (obviously) be that stage, but if two of them pick FD, one picks Battlefield, and one picks Lylat Cruise, their resepective percentages will add up. FD will have a 50% chance to be selected, as opposed to the other two having 25%

Oh, and sorry if that "someone" was me, although judging by the timestamp, it was probably the person before me :p

Top Bottom