• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blockbuster early Brawl rentals!

Falsh

Smash Cadet
Sorry I have no link to back up what I say, all you can do is check your local Block Busters. Blockbuster's site sadly doesn't have anything on it....

My friend called me up and told me he rented Brawl, he couldn't believe they were letting you rent it early. The guy there told him that all Blockbusters were doing a 2 day early rental for Brawl. I myself was kinda pissed cause he lives far away and gets to play it before me .... and he wasn't nearly as pumped for it as me. I don't have a Blockbuster membership and I'm not about to spend 20 bucks on one, 2 days before the game comes out.

For you skeptics, I heard him playing it on the phone... Yea, yea, he could have used YouTube footage or something. Just trust me, he's not some immature little 13 year old, he's 22.

Some people are saying their Blockbusters either have the game and aren't letting people rent it, or they don't have it yet. Figures ... my friend just has plain luck.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
I'm not surprised. Star Fox Assault was up for rent 2 weeks ahead of time (I would know, I was the first to rent it from my store). Still, I'll wait it out. Only a couple days left!

Falsh

Smash Cadet
Ah, it's pretty sneaky of Blockbluster.... Yea, if you already have a membership, it might be worth it, otherwise, only two freakin more days!

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
How are these companies getting away with things like this? Blockbuster knows a big game is coming out, but it's one that people will buy, not rent... so they rent it out early? Nintendo needs to go do some arse kicking with their legal team.

Falsh

Smash Cadet
How are these companies getting away with things like this? Blockbuster knows a big game is coming out, but it's one that people will buy, not rent... so they rent it out early? Nintendo needs to go do some arse kicking with their legal team.
Well I'm sure a company as big as Blockbuster would get permission.... Right.....?

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good, but if it's not the same price as a regular rental I'll just be waiting the extra two days.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My Blockbuster said they weren't letting people rent it...
I just drove to mine. They would have let me rent it if they had it, but the guy said they didnt even have it in stock yet lol.

ThaCarter

Smash Rookie
Well there are a few stores that like to release things a couples days before launch.

Some stores are nicer than others and go the extra mile to please the customers and rake in some more cash.

Like the Sunday of 07 where stores were getting the last shipments of wii's,we were able to get ours at midnight while alot of others had to camp outside all night.

If you want to know if he's telling the truth or not,just ask him to pick certain characters or w/e..You know ask him some questions that he realy has to have to the game to do it.

Falsh

Smash Cadet
Well there are a few stores that like to release things a couples days before launch.

Some stores are nicer than others and go the extra mile to please the customers and rake in some more cash.

Like the Sunday of 07 where stores were getting the last shipments of wii's,we were able to get ours at midnight while alot of others had to camp outside all night.

If you want to know if he's telling the truth or not,just ask him to pick certain characters or w/e..You know ask him some questions that he realy has to have to the game to do it.
Haha, he's telling the truth, I heard him start up the game and everything on the phone.

Brazoliange

Smash Rookie
I called about 12 of the Blockbusters in Omaha, NE. 3-4 of them said they would have the game out tomorrow, most of the rest said either the 9th or Monday, and one said next Friday.

In short, a few probably are (tonight or tomorrow), call around.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
my blockbuster said no to renting or buying as well...i dont know maybe that was a fluke

null84

Smash Cadet
dude i worked at blockbuster before, and i do know a few store managers. I know the fact that they are not allow to rent before release date. The fine is 10k. However, I do know that they have already received Brawl already

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
You never know, a store employee not in the know may have rented it to him. I rented a 360 game from BB once, got home, tried to play it, found it was damaged, returned it to get a new copy, only to find that the employee wasn't to rent it to me in the first place due to lack of a valid credit card on the account, so I had to give Oblivion back anyway...Still, not all employees will adhere to company policy XD

jkoneten

Smash Rookie
I actually work at blockbuster. As far as I know, we aren't allowed to rent it out early. Although we did get it early and have it prepped. The manager on duty today actually almost put it out on the floor for rental. I actually found the notice hidden well in the box that said not to put it on the floor till the 9th.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Fun fact: Blockbuster evidently won't let you rent new gen video games without a credit card. BS? You bet.

And if that's something my local BB just made up please tell me, because not being able to rent Wii games is a little inconvenient.

Anyway, someone I know evidently rented Brawl. Amaaazing! I can wait, though... there's things I need to get done before Sunday.

jkoneten

Smash Rookie
^^^ I call BS on that. If you already have a membership, they should rent to you.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
No, it's true, you need a valid credit card on your Blockbuster account for nextgen game rentals.********, I know, but I've seen this in place in two separate BBs in two separate states.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
My Blockbuster said they weren't letting people rent it...
Really now? Huh, maybe my friend was lucky. Either way, I know he has it, I heard him play it on the phone... -_-
I dont think people just get lucky like your friend did. Maybe the noises you heard on the phone were from a video on youtube or something? That would explain why nothing is on the blockbuster website.

Or maybe Im just overly skeptical... fake rosters and such have made me that way..

Brazoliange

Smash Rookie
like I said, 3-4 BBusters in Omaha, NE are renting the game when they open in 3-4 hours. Call your local stores.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
I just went to my blockbuster, they said they wouldn't have it until the 9th.

Top Bottom