• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazing Player, Cinderace for Smash!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
YES like, it should speak highly of Incineroar how he didn't have as much promotion and STILL made it into Smash!

Oh also Tencent is now asking players in China what Switch icon looks the best! LOOK AT THAT CINDERACE PROMOTION
First option is probably my favorite, even though I'm not in China.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Looks like there are no current plans for Pokken 2. Hopefully with enough fan demand Nintendo will consider creating a sequel.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
They just announced that Episodes 37 - 48 of Pokémon Journeys will be coming out on Netflix on March 5th.

Just a theory of mine, if Cinderace is confirmed as DLC around that time it would probably explain why the Anime was in such a rush to finish the Eternatus plotline and evolve Raboot.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
For anyone who's interested, Pokemon is doing a Pokemon popularity contest on Twitter for Pokemon Day in Japan.

In order to vote for your favorite Pokemon you need to use a hashtag (#) which includes your favorite Pokemon's name in Japanese katakana follow by にきめた (to decide/vote).

For example, to vote for Cinderace (エースバーン) use #エースバーンにきめた

Use the following link 「Pokémon Day」公式サイト (pokemon.co.jp) to see who are the current top 30 Pokemon in the poll.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
For anyone who's interested, Pokemon is doing a Pokemon popularity contest on Twitter for Pokemon Day in Japan.

In order to vote for your favorite Pokemon you need to use a hashtag (#) which includes your favorite Pokemon's name in Japanese katakana follow by にきめた (to decide/vote).

For example, to vote for Cinderace (エースバーン) use #エースバーンにきめた

Use the following link 「Pokémon Day」公式サイト (pokemon.co.jp) to see who are the current top 30 Pokemon in the poll.
Why is Barbaracle number 6 lmao

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai’s presentation for Pyra & Mythra will be streamed on March 4th at 6 am PT. It will be about 35 mins long and will mention the fighters’ release date.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
For anyone who is curious, here are the final results for the Japanese Pokémon popularity contest on Twitter. The 9 buttons on the top of the list will change the results based on the region (all, Kanto, Johto, etc.)

投票結果:総合 (pokemon.co.jp)

Obviously don't take the results completely seriously.
These results make no sense. It's hilarious.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Pyra & Mythra look fun to play.

Anyways, Mii costumes we got are

both Monster Hunter outfits
Felyne
Arthur

Once again my condolences to the people who wanted these characters to be playable.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
It’s official now, Goh owns all 3 Galar Starters.

My condolences to the people who wanted Ash to catch one of the Galar starters.

At the very least people can stop saying stuff like “Ash will catch Grookey!” and “this will somehow connect to Rillaboom becoming playable!”.

Last edited:
I'm personally greatly hoping that Cinderace does not get in Smash, and I know others who feel similiarly. But all the evidence seems to suggest it's gonna get in. One thing I will say regarding that is that, I'm not at all satisfied with the Pokémon anime rn. Goh and Aceburn (his cinderace) feel a lot like they're trying to be the new main characters and replace Ash and Pikachu, I personally wouldn't want that, because while Goh is a decent character I really don't think there's enough to him to carry an entire season of the show.
It all feels like some quite hollow content but for people who actually want the bunny in Smash I guess that means good news for it I guess

Last edited:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
I'm personally greatly hoping that Cinderace does not get in Smash, and I know others who feel similiarly. But all the evidence seems to suggest it's gonna get in. One thing I will say regarding that is that, I'm not at all satisfied with the Pokémon anime rn. Goh and Aceburn (his cinderace) feel a lot like they're trying to be the new main characters and replace Ash and Pikachu, I personally wouldn't want that, because while Goh is a decent character I really don't think there's enough to him to carry an entire season of the show.
It all feels like some quite hollow content but for people who actually want the bunny in Smash I guess that means good news for it I guess
Ash and Pikachu have been the faces of the Anime for a long time so I don't think they'll be so easily replaced. I believe the show writers are trying their best to have Ash and Goh both be the main protagonists but due to their different goals it's hard to avoid having one character's goal overshadow the other's. I'm sure that given enough time they'll go back to focusing heavily on Ash and his story arc of winning the Pokémon World Championship and beating Leon and all the other major Trainers.

Put Out <3

Smash Rookie
Ash and Pikachu have been the faces of the Anime for a long time so I don't think they'll be so easily replaced. I believe the show writers are trying their best to have Ash and Goh both be the main protagonists but due to their different goals it's hard to avoid having one character's goal overshadow the other's. I'm sure that given enough time they'll go back to focusing heavily on Ash and his story arc of winning the Pokémon World Championship and beating Leon and all the other major Trainers.
I agree with you and honestly I think the second half of WalkingM's reply is kinda pointless and not relevant mostly because the Pokemon anime doesn't seem to affect it getting in Smash (I mean, Lucario is getting basically just as much focus as Cinderace in the anime rn)

that said I do agree with WalkingM on the stuff about Cinderace cause I think that Cinderace would suck for Smash Bros. Man, there's so many reasons I don't want it! I was honestly shocked how this thread seems to be mostly positive on the idea... The people I see on Twitter are much more mixed. This probably isn't the right place to discuss this for me tho

Last edited:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Well Twitter is Twitter, you don't have to look hard to find people who will hate just about anything. In contrast, we here support and expect Cinderace to get into Smash. I'm sorry that Cinderace isn't doing it for you, but maybe seeing it in action one day might change your mind?

Last edited:

Put Out <3

Smash Rookie
Flaming
Yeah like, you coming in and saying Cinderace would suck when we're just trying to be positive about something was uncalled for, you don't have to like a character but don't stay here

In brighter news, I'm back on this website!
This reply is utterly ridiculous. This is a thread analyzing the possibility of Cinderace getting in smash. And I happen to think they won’t get in because they are a less interesting version of whats already been done in the past. They’re the epitome of generic.

And seriously, you’re telling me I should leave this thread. Are you that unable to take criticism, other threads of potential fighters have criticism in them, I’d know because several of this threads own posters (your orbiters) went and left passive aggressive comments on a different Galar rep support page that I commented support on. They basically followed me there, our of spite, and replied to me there. Yet you call MY actions uncalled for, and tell me to leave when all I did was present my opinion on a fictional character? Ridiculous, and very rude of you.

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
And I happen to think they won’t get in because they are a less interesting version of whats already been done in the past. They’re the epitome of generic.
Being "generic" and similar to what's already in the game did not refrain the likes of Isabelle or mutliple sword characters to be added anyway.
I wouldn't call Cinderace generic, we don't have a soccer player in the game yet ! Incineroar was chosen over Decidueye for the sake of having a wrestler after all...
Plus the Smash Bros devs would be able to turn a broomstick into an interesting fighter anyway haha

I'm ot saying Cinderace's chances to become playable are through the roof though.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Flaming
This reply is utterly ridiculous. This is a thread analyzing the possibility of Cinderace getting in smash. And I happen to think they won’t get in because they are a less interesting version of whats already been done in the past. They’re the epitome of generic.

And seriously, you’re telling me I should leave this thread. Are you that unable to take criticism, other threads of potential fighters have criticism in them, I’d know because several of this threads own posters (your orbiters) went and left passive aggressive comments on a different Galar rep support page that I commented support on. They basically followed me there, our of spite, and replied to me there. Yet you call MY actions uncalled for, and tell me to leave when all I did was present my opinion on a fictional character? Ridiculous, and very rude of you.
Oh I guess I'm nine days late to respond, sorry, you weren't really worth my time

Anywho

EDIT: Image removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Agreed.

So on the change of topic, anyone see that Ash's Farfetch'd evolved?

Also, happy April Fool's to yall. Unrelated to my previous statement of course.

Sirfetch'd was amazing, good thing this episode came out when it did because man people were getting pretty upset about Goh getting all of the spotlight

But yeah, I agree that we should get back to focusing on Cinderace.

Speaking of which, I've been working on a Classic mode idea for Cinderace.

Title: “I wanna be the very best!” (Eng) / “Starter Pokemon Battle Tournament!” (Japan)
“Cinderace will prove itself by battling Starters from past generations”

Possible cpu partners?
Grookey (green :ultdiddy: equipped with Lip’s Stick)
Rillaboom (green :ultdk: equipped with Lip’s Stick)

Drizzile ( :ultinklingboy: , can go invisible)
Inteleon ( :ultzss: , can go invisible)

1. Alola - Tortimer Island or Delfino Plaza
-Decidueye (green :ultpit: )
-Incineroar (:ultincineroar:)
-Primarina (:ultrosalina:) or Brionne (blue :ultisabelle: )

2. Kalos - Prism Tower or Kalos Pokémon League
-Chesnaught (green :ultbowser: )
-Delphox/Braixen (red :ultzelda: equipped with a Star Rod?) or Fennekin (red :ultfox:)
-Greninja (:ultgreninja:)

3. Unova - Unova Pokémon League
-Serperior/Snivy (Snake :ultyoshi: )
-Emboar/Pignite (red :ultwario: )
-Samurott (blue :ultcloud: or blue :ultcorrin:) or Oshawott/Dewott (:ultmarth: or blue :ultike: )

4. Sinnoh - Spear Pillar
-Turtwig (:ultiggy:) or Torterra (green :ultbowser: )
-Chimchar/Monferno (:ultdiddy:) or Infernape (:ultken: )
-Empoleon (metal/black :ultkingdedede: )

5. Hoenn - Wuhu Island
-Sceptile/Grovyle (green :ultlink: equipped with another Sword )
-Blaziken (red :ultfalcon: )
-Swampert (blue purple :ultdk: )

6. Johto - Suzaku Castle
- Meganium (green :ultpeach: )
~ Typhlosion/Cyndaquil (Yellow :ultsonic: equipped with a fire flower/curry?)
- Feraligatr (blue :ultkrool:)

Final: Kanto - Pokémon Stadium, Final Destination, Saffron City, or Cinderace’s stage

Battle starts with :ultsquirtle:, then :ultivysaur: , then ends with at boss battle against
- Giant :ultcharizard: (:ultpokemontrainer: can also work as a reference to Leon)

Music:
Each battle will use music from their respective generation.
End credits music will used Gen 8 music.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Happy Easter to yall here, very fitting with our rabbit friend.

Sirfetch'd was amazing, good thing this episode came out when it did because man people were getting pretty upset about Goh getting all of the spotlight

But yeah, I agree that we should get back to focusing on Cinderace.

Speaking of which, I've been working on a Classic mode idea for Cinderace.

Title: “I wanna be the very best!” (Eng) / “Starter Pokemon Battle Tournament!” (Japan)
“Cinderace will prove itself by battling Starters from past generations”

Possible cpu partners?
Grookey (green :ultdiddy: equipped with Lip’s Stick)
Rillaboom (green :ultdk: equipped with Lip’s Stick)

Drizzile ( :ultinklingboy: , can go invisible)
Inteleon ( :ultzss: , can go invisible)

1. Alola - Tortimer Island or Delfino Plaza
-Decidueye (green :ultpit: )
-Incineroar (:ultincineroar:)
-Primarina (:ultrosalina:) or Brionne (blue :ultisabelle: )

2. Kalos - Prism Tower or Kalos Pokémon League
-Chesnaught (green :ultbowser: )
-Delphox/Braixen (red :ultzelda: equipped with a Star Rod?) or Fennekin (red :ultfox:)
-Greninja (:ultgreninja:)

3. Unova - Unova Pokémon League
-Serperior/Snivy (Snake :ultyoshi: )
-Emboar/Pignite (red :ultwario: )
-Samurott (blue :ultcloud: or blue :ultcorrin:) or Oshawott/Dewott (:ultmarth: or blue :ultike: )

4. Sinnoh - Spear Pillar
-Turtwig (:ultiggy:) or Torterra (green :ultbowser: )
-Chimchar/Monferno (:ultdiddy:) or Infernape (:ultken: )
-Empoleon (metal/black :ultkingdedede: )

5. Hoenn - Wuhu Island
-Sceptile/Grovyle (green :ultlink: equipped with another Sword )
-Blaziken (red :ultfalcon: )
-Swampert (blue purple :ultdk: )

6. Johto - Suzaku Castle
- Meganium (green :ultpeach: )
~ Typhlosion/Cyndaquil (Yellow :ultsonic: equipped with a fire flower/curry?)
- Feraligatr (blue :ultkrool:)

Final: Kanto - Pokémon Stadium, Final Destination, Saffron City, or Cinderace’s stage

Battle starts with :ultsquirtle:, then :ultivysaur: , then ends with at boss battle against
- Giant :ultcharizard: (:ultpokemontrainer: can also work as a reference to Leon)

Music:
Each battle will use music from their respective generation.
End credits music will used Gen 8 music.
Sorry for the late reply, mind if I add this to the OP?

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Happy Easter to yall here, very fitting with our rabbit friend.

Sorry for the late reply, mind if I add this to the OP?
Sure I don't mind, happy easter.

*Edit: to be fair, I guess I'll let the other two starters use this idea as well
for CPU Cinderace: Red :ultwiifittrainerm::ultwiifittrainer: equipped with Bunny Hood
for CPU Raboot: small Red :ultsheik: + Bunny Hood or :ultmario:+ Bunny Hood
Optional: Soccer balls / Footballs on every stage they appear in.

Last edited:

SeekingMyMain

Smash Rookie
Personally I think it's difficult to choose between Cinderace and Inteleon as Galar reps. Cinderace was my partner pokémon in shield but Inteleon also is kinda cool. But maybe I'm leaning a bit more to Cinderace since Inteleon would maybe be a bit similar to Greninja.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
It’s been confirmed that E3 this year will be online (June 12-15) and that Nintendo will be attending.

Top Bottom