• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Wii-Texture Hack questions!

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Ok if I buy the new black wii with the mario bros, is there any kind of protection against using softmods so that I can get those texture hacks for melee to work?

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
A new Wii? You mean the ones with the neutered GC compatibility?

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Will those not work then even with homebrew and usb loading?

Edit: All I need to know is there anyway if I buy a new Wii today.... can I play a texture hacked melee on it? From the looks of it... the new drives in the black wii dont alllow for burned discs, and if they have no gc compoatibiltiy and there is no usb loader...then it is impossible to do that. I dont know though, I need someone's help who knows.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Yes but many of the white wii's on those websites and gamestop could be used white wii's that have the same problem as the black ones. Some of the newer white wii's ( in the last year) have the same problem as the black ones. I cant just go be like I need a wii that is super old so I can hack it plz.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Well then check it before you buy ("hey, does this have gc compatability?"), you can ask for year if you want, that's not suspicious.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Well then check it before you buy ("hey, does this have gc compatability?"), you can ask for year if you want, that's not suspicious.
Just because it has gamecube comptability does not mean it can read backups. I just softmodded my friend's black wii and it plays backups and does everything a maximal modded wii can do EXCEPT play backups from discs. Thus the random factor makes it really hard.

Top Bottom