• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black N' Blue UCSB Melee Tournament 10/12/13

SacaSuMoto

Smash Journeyman
Singles Bracket (17 Entrants)
http://challonge.com/UCSBSingles
1. Westballz
2. Sung
3. Coolkid
4. SacaSuMoto
5. Dantefox
5. RapidRage
7. CableCho
7. Kadar
9. JC
9. Wieners
9. BBR
9. AnneFrank
13. BurgersPhD
13. Bernz
13. MaxPower
13. Tilt
17. Saintie

Doubles RR (4 Teams)
http://challonge.com/UCSBDoubles
1. SungBallz
2. DanteCho
3. SacaSuRage
4. TheUltimateFullMetalCock

Stream Archive:
http://www.twitch.tv/kocast/c/3075139
Singles bracket starts around 2:40:00
Losers Finals starts around 4:43:00

Huge Shoutouts and Thanks to KOCast for streaming the tournament for us. Quality work. Follow them on www.twitch.tv/kocast

SacaSuMoto

Smash Journeyman
Quick Shoutouts

Westballz I do not think we played this whole weekend LOL thanks for coming out and sorry to make you walk to the venue. Your mom.
2. Sung - best man in SoCal, always willing to make the trip to SB and brings homies along. GGs I need to download your marth before I can defeat it.
3. Coolkid - you know the deal
4. SacaSuMoto - dashy tackies, stop.
5. Dantefox - man you and cho have great team synergy. I have to figure out how to beat it.
5. RapidRage - GGs that was a close set. I enjoy having tourney matches with you, everything is more intense when you're fighting someone at your own level. Good job going 2-3 against West
7. CableCho - Man, i do not think I could beat you if you were not out of practice. Thank you for coming out.
7. Kadar - Kadar, da homie. I feel like you entered because there was only a 1 dollar venue fee. You always have the drive and the itch for smash. GG going 1-2 against West.
9. JC- CLOSE CLOSE SET. Now that you're in SB you will be improving a lot by getting to play all the amazing players we have here. Who knows if i can win next time x-x.
9. Wieners- GGs. I still do not agreee you going Marf. In short sets you can take advantage of your opponent trying to learn the match up and your Mario was really solid in the friendlies we had.
9. BBR- GOOD JOB BEATING WEST IN THAT PM MM. I was very happy! You're going to have to put a lot of time in da lab for that Ganon. He's a lot harder to use than sheik, but i feel like your sheik can surprise anyone at any time. Thanks for coming out.
9. AnneFrank- Nice meeting you dude! You were there early and everything. When you learn how to utilize all peach has in her arsenal you will be good to go.
13. BurgersPhD - Such a nice guy! Thank you for always willing to help. I feel like you can get pretty good quickly.
13. Bernz - Thank you for coming out! It's nice to see a lot of new faces, you can just ask me to play a couple matches with you for advice.
13. MaxPower - Pretty much what I said above. Thank you for coming. Dont be afraid to ask some advice
13. Tilt - DA KID! I purposely put you up against Sung so that you could experience other ways to play marth, hopefully you got a lot of it. Keep improving!
17. Saintie- Hahaha sorry about that 17th... Thanks for coming! I'll try and play people more next tourney.

Thanks again to KOCast and everyone who showed up on Saturday, even if you didn't enter. I think it was Clayton that told me the other that he likes our scene right now because everyone wants to get better and I agree with him completely. We have a lot of new players, i hope you guys stick around. Thanks to this scene I was able to improve very fast, you guys can do the same. special shouts to joejoe for those money matches ;p

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Thanks everyone for comin out it was super fun

Yall are great at utilizing rolls and airdodges, I never roll so I tried using it more it definitely has great uses
I learned a lot and I forgot how amazing it was to just play and play and play instead of messing around TOing and all of that

Ggs to everyone I played. And everyone I talked to in friendlies try not to forget what I told you but you have to question it as well, don't just take things in without really thinking about it. Hope ta seeyall in a nearby tourney!

Oracle

Smash Master
Lmao you know a region is free when the complement is "yall are good at rolling"

Also where was joejoe?

Top Bottom