• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Birdo For Ssbb!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You completely ignored my question.

I'm not the one who failed. -_-

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Aw ha, I didn't see that. Sorry. but it doesn't justify you being a jerk and saying I "failed".

Being in a party game does not mean that Birdo will be in for sure. Sure you may want her in, but that doesn't mean she will be in.

And what's wrong with the bassoon?

Why is it that when trolls attack me they always attack my musical instrument of choice as well?

coolchris818

Smash Cadet
Aw ha, I didn't see that. Sorry. but it doesn't justify you being a jerk and saying I "failed".

Being in a party game does not mean that Birdo will be in for sure. Sure you may want her in, but that doesn't mean she will be in.

And what's wrong with the bassoon?

Why is it that when trolls attack me they always attack my musical instrument of choice as well?

nothings wrong with it dude
you just shouldnt go around with that boosoonist 4 life thing, its not interesting enough.

i dont know why people are getting stingey about characters.
birdos been around 4 over 10 years. she deserves a spot
especially wen theres suposadely 40 characters coming

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
you just shouldnt go around with that boosoonist 4 life thing, its not interesting enough.
You can't even spell it. That's sad.

Don't tell me what to do with my signature. Bassoon happens to be my passion in life, and I'm allowed to display it.

I could say something to that, but I don't wish to get into anymore arguments with you. So fair enough.

coolchris818

Smash Cadet
You can't even spell it. That's sad.

Don't tell me what to do with my signature. Bassoon happens to be my passion in life, and I'm allowed to display it.

I could say something to that, but I don't wish to get into anymore arguments with you. So fair enough.

then dont get mad when people hate on your BASSSSssoon shiit. i was giving advice. but w.e

and im glad you kept your mouth shut

Tanea

Smash Ace

I could say something to that, but I don't wish to get into anymore arguments with you. So fair enough.[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't go that route you obviously aren't an insturmentalist i play the bass clarinet and it kicks just as much *** as the basson don't mess with the loow winds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want to hear what you have to say birdo would be a great player at least i think so

SonicMario

Smash Master
Did you REALLY have to bump this thread back. Birdo is generic, so what if you try touse PT against me. The trainer isn't as generic as you would think. Heck i even believe the Miis have a better chance of being playable then Birdo. Birdo should stick to being an AT, or a SubS enemy(unlikely). Or Birdo can only be a STICKER.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did you REALLY have to bump this thread back. Birdo is generic, so what if you try touse PT against me. The trainer isn't as generic as you would think. Heck i even believe the Miis have a better chance of being playable then Birdo. Birdo should stick to being an AT, or a SubS enemy(unlikely). Or Birdo can only be a STICKER.
Birdo is a species and an individual, like Yoshi...

Anyway...Birdo is a guy that wants to be, and thinks, he's a girl

Tanea

Smash Ace
hey i will take her as boss i just want her to have some sort of movset

also i would cry if she was just a sticker at least make her an AT
sorry about bumpimg it i just like birdo

angel551

Smash Cadet
as much as i would like birdo to be a playable character, i would be happy if she was just a costume 4 yoshi, cuz she is a generic character. you would need to include toad, toadette, and a bunch of other ppl aswell if u included her. besides, there are a lot of mario characters already... im not against birdo, im just being realistic

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice

We would all love to see Birdo in Brawl, but I have a bad feeling she'll be just an AT :(

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
as much as i would like birdo to be a playable character, i would be happy if she was just a costume 4 yoshi, cuz she is a generic character. you would need to include toad, toadette, and a bunch of other ppl aswell if u included her. besides, there are a lot of mario characters already... im not against birdo, im just being realistic
There is no way Birdo could be a Costume of Yoshi...

and won't be for that matter

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
No, That was only in one game, ever since then Birdo has been a woman.
Actually it states that in Japan, her gender never changed so she's always been male there. And whats really odd is that her name is Catherine. Plus, in Mario Strikers Charged...it states shes a male...

schlepboogie

Smash Apprentice
u sure its gender didnt just get like lost in translation or something, that ***** is wearing a ring in charged.... a big *** diamond. and yea birdo would make a pretty cool contender.But then again, what can she really do... spit eggs, mayb fireballs. suck stuff in for attacks.. idk. shes pretty original but i think she would make a better at than a playable char... id rather see her than ww link tho.

TobiCORE

Smash Rookie
i want birdo in it as a playble character :D cause i want to shot eggs out of her mouth. this would be so fun :p

Did someone edit the wikipedia entry for birdo? I could of sworn it said that it was a woman in japan... but now it says she was always a man... >_>; <_<;

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
feh, AT are for char that haven't been in more than game, or are common enemies birdo doesn't fit either of those.

Besides, how many canon games has Birdo been in? One? (Super Mario Bros. 2) So basically, by your logic Birdo shouldn't be a playable character.

EDIT: SonicMario, Hammer Bros. are common enemies.

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
Hammer Bro says Hi.... So does Lakitu... and Little Mac (More then one game one)... and I could go on with Andross...
Hammer Bros,lakitu, they are both normal enemies in most mario games. I know lakitu plays a more significant role in mario kart, he hasn't been confirmed either, but some makes me doubt hes in. Birdo is a boss char that appears super bros 2 and several other games as something more than a regular enemy and an actual. I don't play mario games all that much so don't like quiz me. Birdo is in more games than goroh plus mario is kinda nintendos main franchise, but please I frankly don't feel like arguing right now.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Birdo only appeared in one canon Mario game. Samurai Goroh has probably appeared in several F Zero games (I don't play them, however I wouldn't doubt he's appeared in more games.)

Besides, your argument on how a character becomes an AT is very flawed in itself. What specifies an AT? Sakurai thinking that they don't deserve to be a playable character, but do deserve to be in the game.

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
Birdo only appeared in one canon Mario game. Samurai Goroh has probably appeared in several F Zero games (I don't play them, however I wouldn't doubt he's appeared in more games.)

Besides, your argument on how a character becomes an AT is very flawed in itself. What specifies an AT? Sakurai thinking that they don't deserve to be a playable character, but do deserve to be in the game.
birdo appears in smb2, one of the mario karts, mario strikers I believe and also believe in one of the mario rpgs, and mario tennis also. ATs are characters that have obviously appeared in past games but just don't deserve to be characters, personally I think birdos a little bit of above that. I am entitled to my own thoughts,thank you.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Here's my opinion on birdo:
She's simply not important enough to make it into brawl on her own.
She's hardly a generic mario enemy like a koopa or a goomba, but she's not much more important. I rank her on about the same level as Waluigi or Daisy for inclusion. Honestly there are just too many more characters that deserve it more. Plus, she's a member of the mario universe which has the largest amount of reps by far... kinda difficult to gague that one though because I mean the DK universe and the Yoshi universe actually intersect with the mario universe. Mario would be the biggest either way though so that point is moot.
Back on topic, there is a limited amount of space in brawl and her lack of importance simply does not merit her a place on the roster.

HOWEVER she could still be in brawl in one (or more) of many different ways.
-She could be a stage hazard again.
-She could be an assist trophy.
-Her colour scheme could become one of yoshi's palette swaps.
-A drastic alteration could make her one of yoshi's outfits.
-she could make an appearance in subspace emmisary.
-she could be a character in the background.

Since her likelihood of inclusion is about nil, it would be a good topic of discussion to talk about what form(s) she will most likely appear in in this game.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Here's my opinion on birdo:
She's simply not important enough to make it into brawl on her own.
She's hardly a generic mario enemy like a koopa or a goomba, but she's not much more important. I rank her on about the same level as Waluigi or Daisy for inclusion. Honestly there are just too many more characters that deserve it more. Plus, she's a member of the mario universe which has the largest amount of reps by far... kinda difficult to gague that one though because I mean the DK universe and the Yoshi universe actually intersect with the mario universe. Mario would be the biggest either way though so that point is moot.
Back on topic, there is a limited amount of space in brawl and her lack of importance simply does not merit her a place on the roster.

HOWEVER she could still be in brawl in one (or more) of many different ways.
-She could be a stage hazard again.
-She could be an assist trophy.
-Her colour scheme could become one of yoshi's palette swaps.
-A drastic alteration could make her one of yoshi's outfits.
-she could make an appearance in subspace emmisary.
-she could be a character in the background.

Since her likelihood of inclusion is about nil, it would be a good topic of discussion to talk about what form(s) she will most likely appear in in this game.
Or she can make a cameo appearance in the MK stage.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Birdo has lesser chances then Waluigi & Daisy both being playable. And Daisy has already been Deconfirmed. So that's saying something.

Top Bottom