• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.bin There, Done That

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I bought an SD Card to transfer my Brawl Snapshots to my laptop and junk. But then when I transferred the files, they all have the .bin tag, and I can't open 'em. I tried Photoshop, Paint... everything. Can someone enlighten me as to how to open these so I can actually see them and use them in programs like Photoshop?

On a slightly related note, I was hoping to transfer Brawl replays to my laptop as well to upload them to YouTube using the SD Card. Is that even possible? Or does that require something entirely different, like some other equipment?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
You have to use a converter first. The bin files are a unique format the need to be changed into image files.

And no, the replay files are not video files. They only contain button presses used to recreate the match in Brawl.

Neon Ness

Oh, darn. No videos for me.

And what exactly is a converter? A software program, or a physical thing that I have to buy? If so, any suggestions on where I should get one?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I don't have the link. There is an online program that takes the bin files and spits out JPG files.

Neon Ness

Oh, thanks! I guess it shouldn't be too hard to find something like that.

I suppose this thread can die now.

Top Bottom