• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.bin reading

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Alright, so I was thinking about IDC and how it is sometimes hard to point out when you call a TO over because there are differences in it when it hits the ground.
Then I got to thinking, well, since the button inputs are inside of the .bins you save from replays, couldn't you just look at those to see if they used c-stick up?
So this is a challenge to you hackers. Try to decode the .bins in which the button inputs are saved so that way we can have a legitimate way of testing if IDC has been performed.
I can also see other great applications to this.

Fen__

Smash Ace
If they used an infinite dimensional cape, it would be longer than usual before they came out of it, and, possibly, they'd go farther than usual. Just compare the times spent invisible.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
The problem is, is that when DC hits the ground it gets extended just a little. How can you differentiate between EDC and "just hit the ground in a different place"?

Fen__

Smash Ace
So are we concerned here about extremely short bursts of infinite dimensional cape being used to extend the time by like a fraction of a second to cause a misplaced hit or something? That's the only way I can imagine this being a problem.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I tried decoding a replay a week or so ago. I used 2 different replays of Falcon vs Pit on both a one minute and two minute match without moving. I opened both in a hex editor and was completely confused. I couldn't make heads or tails of what each one did. I know that the waiting animations for characters are changed randomly in game. Do they change in replays? The hex was different on EVERY line between the two matches. I may take another look into this, but without anyone else helping, it would either take awhile or not be possible to decode.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Same stage and music on the stage as well? Same spawning points?

Revven

FrankerZ
Just use the cancel IDC fix
Slashy, he didn't ask for a fix as vBrawl does not USE codes and will never use codes that change anything for the better (except longer replays and tags in replays, and even then people don't even care that much for those two things).

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Same stage and music on the stage as well? Same spawning points?
Yes, that too. I forgot to include that in my post. The only thing that I changed between the two matches were the times. I will be taking another look into this later on. I will make the environment completely controlled. Both players (Pit and Falcon) will only use their wait1, use final destination, default colors, be spawned in the same positions in both matches (1 minute and 2 minute match timed) with nothing but the wait1 animation. I remembered one more thing that may be an issue. Super Sudden Death (SSD). If you have a match end and enter into an SSD and you save the replay, it will play back the match and the SSD as well. Entering SSD may have another thing that will be very important when looking at these replay files. If there is a difference on every line like last time, then I'll either just start changing numbers and seeing what happens (bad idea imho and would take an extremely long time) or wait until someone else can help with this. :)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Would TOs really be dedicated enough to dig through the replay file in Hex to see if the cstick was pressed up repedately after pressing downB :/

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Would TOs really be dedicated enough to dig through the replay file in Hex to see if the cstick was pressed up repedately after pressing downB :/
If it were to be figured out, I'm sure someone could make a program that finds when they input it through looking for it in hex.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Heinnerman?(sp)

Had a file online that explained how the replay files were stored. He had done the same thing for stages. Then his site went down and all was lost. If someone finds it, i'll do it.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Heinnerman?(sp)

Had a file online that explained how the replay files were stored. He had done the same thing for stages. Then his site went down and all was lost. If someone finds it, i'll do it.
What the cheesepuffs? I thought you quit this stuff?

Oh and person above me found something

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Oh Y.S. I've thought you had retired Brawl hacking.
If you come back and do Brawl hacking, it's great.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
So guys, get a massive amount of replays, put them in a zip file or something!

EDIT: And someone needs to give me the key and decryption method for snapshots...

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Wait you want me to send you my replays? Well mine have custom stages on some, if not all, and there's only like 7, is that ok?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
wtf dant what happened to the ntsc to pal converter T_T

anyways ill get some replays.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
This just seems like something that should be done for the sake of progress. Knowing how to decode replays could pave the way towards something else.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Decode replays from a data of key inputs?
Awesome. It must be very hard to do it.

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
key and decryption for snapshots? BrawlPlusTweaker can do that with its snapshot code generating. I have the keys on my desktop if you want 'em

Top Bottom