• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bill "Mad Dog" Rizer for Brawl! (NES Contra) - Updated movelist/taunt/stage

mad_dog_0110

Smash Rookie
Hey I have an idea for a possible Final Smash for Bill Rizer. What if like a big combat chopper swoops down with Lance "Scorpion" Bean (for those of you who don't know that's player 2 in the original Contra games) piloting and Bill could man some kind of gun turret. Then the motion of the chopper is kinda set like back and forth and up and down and you just control the turret. And of course it couldn't last too terribly long because the blast from the turret would be devastating. This is definitely do-able and even comparable to Fox's final smash (the Landmaster). And hey...if you guys have a problem with Lance piloting the chopper why not at least throw him in as an assist trophy. He deserves to make it too. I think that's a pretty sweet idea for a final smash though...lemme know what you guys think. BILL RIZER FOR BRAWL!!!

mad_dog_0110

Smash Rookie
I don't think there's any need to come get you nobletoast. I mean...it's a matter of opinion. You can't really be right or wrong when you say one game is better than another...because it's a subjective topic. Oh yeah one more thing...you're f***ing wrong.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Yeesh... Gunstar Heroes is an awesome game no question, but better than Contra?! Maybe if you're referring to everything after Contra III, most of which was utter crap... but it's got NOTHING on Contra, Super C, or Contra III - and it probably won't have anything on Contra 4, the long awaited return to glory for the series, when it comes out (just 5 more days...).

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Controversial I know. Im a big fan of both really. Contra clearly had importance on the SNES and I spent more time playing that I did playing Mega Man or Bomberman. To me Contra is more important than Mega Man, for example so to see Mad Dog in the game would be immnense but theres that little part of me that always prefers to play Gunstar Heroes. Im not sure why.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Controversial I know. Im a big fan of both really. Contra clearly had importance on the SNES and I spent more time playing that I did playing Mega Man or Bomberman. To me Contra is more important than Mega Man, for example so to see Mad Dog in the game would be immnense but theres that little part of me that always prefers to play Gunstar Heroes. Im not sure why.
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and it never hurts to enthusiastic about it. :chuckle: I just think that the general consensus would be that Contra (classic Contra, anyway...) surpasses Gunstar Heroes for the most part (and this is coming from a TREASURE fan). Besides, I'm sure you're more than aware that Contra's legacy is HUGE. (Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Select, Start. Legendary LOL.)

Interesting fact: TREASURE initially consisted of employees who split from KONAMI, many of whom actually worked on with the Contra series beforehand, namely Contra III and Operation C.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Oh of course i would never deny the fact that Contra has by far the bigger fanbase and legacy but my inner Id (or whatever its called) has always cried out Gunstar Heroes more than Contra.

And no I never knew that, which is actually quite interesting to know.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Hey I have an idea for a possible Final Smash for Bill Rizer. What if like a big combat chopper swoops down with Lance "Scorpion" Bean (for those of you who don't know that's player 2 in the original Contra games) piloting and Bill could man some kind of gun turret. Then the motion of the chopper is kinda set like back and forth and up and down and you just control the turret. And of course it couldn't last too terribly long because the blast from the turret would be devastating. This is definitely do-able and even comparable to Fox's final smash (the Landmaster). And hey...if you guys have a problem with Lance piloting the chopper why not at least throw him in as an assist trophy. He deserves to make it too. I think that's a pretty sweet idea for a final smash though...lemme know what you guys think. BILL RIZER FOR BRAWL!!!
That is a pretty nice final smash idea, with a good cameo too. Gun turret out of a chopper fits Bill Rizer perfect

mad_dog_0110

Smash Rookie
Nice to have your approval since you started this thread. I thought that would be pretty sweet. But...he can't have a final smash if they don't put him in the game. Man I hope they do. So who out there has gotten their hands on Contra 4? I wish I had it...hopefully soon.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Bill Rizer confirmed!

I can't believe so many people are crying about Ridley and Krystal while we're missing out on the king of old nintendo characters

Top Bottom