• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bill "Mad Dog" Rizer for Brawl! (NES Contra) - Updated movelist/taunt/stage

Crom

Smash Journeyman

"Back when men were men and video game characters still had manly hair cuts, one game stood out from the crowd as being the manliest: Contra III: Alien Wars. Everything about this game is no joke. Right off the bat, your character starts out with a rapid fire machine gun and an invincibility barrier for 15 seconds of invincibility so you don't have to put up with any bull**** cheap shots while you're getting accustomed to the controls. You won't find any 5-minute loading times or 45-minute introductions in this game. Instead, you'll find 31 flavors of *** kicking with a side of good old fashioned beat-down. " - Maddox

His stage could be something similiar to this, but with more solid ground to fight on. The lava would also be lower/ in the background and just be a death, because bouncing off that stuff in brinstar was annoying. Another good choice could be inside the chamber with the boss alien's heart.

Movelist:

A - Punch
A,A - Punch, Overhead smash onto his knee
A,A,A - Punch, Overhead smash onto his knee, kicks enemy away from him

Utilt - Uppercut
Ftilt - roundhouse kick
Dtilt- sweep

Grab- Grabs opponet by the neck, holding them in the air infront of him (with one arm)
Fthrow- Headbutt
Dthrow- Slams them down
Bthrow- Turns them around and backfists them
Uthrow- Throws them up and shoots them with his his (laser) chaingun

>Smash- Melee hit with the butt of his (laser) chaingun
^Smash- Headbutt
\/Smash- pistol whip, or maybe double flamethrower hitting the ground in each direction (like samus' dtilt, but in both directions like c.falcons down smash)

B- (laser) Chaingun (can be charged for spray shot)
>B - Flamethrower (can be charged for blast shot)
\/B - Mine gun (can be charged for homing missile shot)
^B - Fires rockets straight down, proppeling him upward

Nair - Sommersault (laser) chaingun spray
Fair- Overhead smash with the butt of his (laser) chaingun (also spikes)
Uair- Backflip kick
Dair- Stomp

Taunt: Hold's up his gun and exclaims "You Dog".
I was thinking about creating a Bill "Mad Dog" Rizer thread, but now that there is one, I'll support this thread with some videos of his other appearances:

Beginning of Contra (Famicom version)

Ending of Contra (Famicom version)

Ending of Contra (Arcade version)

Contra (Commodore 64 version titled as "Gryzor")

Super Contra (Arcade before it was ported to NES as Super C)

Super C (NES version of Super Contra)

AND

Contra III: The Alien Wars

I couldn't find Operation C, which is perhaps the first portable Contra, but this GamePro TV episode shows some of it in action.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Wow, I really like this. I love that you did an entire moveset. I think the guns may be a tad much, but overall I like it. I approve!

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you could probably do something else with the guns, but he's still got a big arsenal of weapons that are already allowed in smash; flame throwers, power blasts, mines, homing missiles, etc.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
:) Contra was one of the most addictive games ever. I fully support this topic.

Side note to anyone who played neo contra on PS2: How great would it be to have him fighting fox and just stop to exclaim "you dog." That should be his taunt.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Well then we can replace the chaingun with a rapidfire lasergun, that does damage like foxes laser

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I just got this shirt that says:

contra master

UP, UP

DOW, DOWN

LEFT, RIGHT

LEFT, RIGHT

A,B, START

Yeah, I like that shirt

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Think of how awesome his stage could be too, nothing but aliens and explosions in the background

Crom

Smash Journeyman
updated his taunt, changed his moves a little bit to make them more smash friendly and beleivable that he could make it, and added some idea's for his stage - all in the original post.

parrothead

Smash Lord
I was thinking about creating a Bill "Mad Dog" Rizer thread, but now that there is one, I'll support this thread with some videos of his other appearances:

Beginning of Contra (Famicom version)

Ending of Contra (Famicom version)

Ending of Contra (Arcade version)

Contra (Commodore 64 version titled as "Gryzor")

Super Contra (Arcade before it was ported to NES as Super C)

Super C (NES version of Super Contra)

AND

Contra III: The Alien Wars

I couldn't find Operation C, which is perhaps the first portable Contra, but this GamePro TV episode shows some of it in action.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Nice, I'll add those video's to first post. What do you think of the moveset I came up with?

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have any other idea's or possible changes to the current moveset? I can't decide on a good \/Smash

parrothead

Smash Lord
If Nintendo ever decides to bring the entrances idea from SSB64 to SSBB, then Bill Rizer's entrance would perhaps be hoping out of a combat helicopter, while he speaks "What is this place?".

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Ha, yeah I hope they do bring back those entrances. Jumping out of the helicopter would be nice. I was thinking they could have him crash landing a jet and then have him bursting out of the windsheild like that one stage in Shattered Soldier

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Ah Contra, the original ultimate badass videogame series... Too bad recent iterations have done much to damage its image... :mad: At any rate, I'm all for Bill Rizer making the cut and it has been rumored that Konami will get priority for 3rd party representation. As a matter of fact, most of my top picks for SSBB 3rd party rep comes from the Konami camp (though Capcom's a close 2nd), Simon Belmont (Castlevania), Sparkster (Rocket Knight Adventures), and Bill Rizer being the Top 3.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
What would be his super smash? You mostly named all his wepons I think.
And I would like this guy to be in the game it would be fun.
Another thing. Would he be counted as a 3rd party character cause I think he is from konami. and if the answer is in this tread I'm sorry is just I have no time to read this right now.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
What would be his super smash? You mostly named all his wepons I think.
And I would like this guy to be in the game it would be fun.
Another thing. Would he be counted as a 3rd party character cause I think he is from konami. and if the answer is in this tread I'm sorry is just I have no time to read this right now.

Hmm, he would probably be counted as 3rd party, but he originated from nintendo so that's still fine.

I dont know what you could make his supersmash... Maybe all his guns at once? A huge gun? Maybe an alien comes out and hits everything on the screen? Or maybe one of his guns super charged, like a supercharged flame thrower that covers half the screen.. that sounds pretty good.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Bill Rizer is untouchable. Think about it. It takes one shot to kill the dude and yet the fathomless number of enemies that he encounters fail to kill him. Several alien wars speak for this (I mean, how many iterations of Contra featured Bill Rizer? A lot, if I recall). Rizer puts the Master Chief to shame in kicking some alien *** with his awesome array of guns (BIG and small) and having a frail constitution to boot. I say to hell with the Chief; that man's a pansy hiding behind Mjolnir armor. Rizer is a man's man, able to dodge countless attacks (Contra death-flip!!!) without being touched.

As for Bill Rizer being in Brawl, well...I really hate to break it to you, Crom, but we can't do that. Think about it, man. Bill Rizer is untouchable. Converting him over into Brawl means that you'd have to make him a walking invincibility frame. Talk about overpowered!

Just kidding. Actually, Bill Rizer for Brawl is not a bad suggestion. Sure, his chances are pretty **** slim-to-none but it would be a really cool thing to see another solid Konami representative in there. Nice movelist also, Crom.

Smooth Criminal

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Bill Rizer for Brawl is not a bad suggestion. Sure, his chances are pretty **** slim-to-none but it would be a really cool thing to see another solid Konami representative in there.
Yeah his chances are low, because rather than be true to their roots, Nintendo would rather use their extremely popular yet extremely lame pokemon franchise. Contra was one of the greatest games to grace the SNES, and the fact that he's not already confirmed along with Simon Belmont (Castlevania) is a shame.

Bill Rizer is untouchable. Think about it. It takes one shot to kill the dude and yet the fathomless number of enemies that he encounters fail to kill him. Several alien wars speak for this (I mean, how many iterations of Contra featured Bill Rizer? A lot, if I recall). Rizer puts the Master Chief to shame in kicking some alien *** with his awesome array of guns (BIG and small) and having a frail constitution to boot. I say to hell with the Chief; that man's a pansy hiding behind Mjolnir armor. Rizer is a man's man, able to dodge countless attacks (Contra death-flip!!!) without being touched.
Hell yeah. Several Alien wars which he ended BY HIMSELF without getting hit ONCE. That, is a badass character. Bill Rizer is the perfect candidate for brawl

mad_dog_0110

Smash Rookie
I joined this site for the sole reason of rooting for Bill Rizer to be in Brawl. I had no clue someone else beat me to it. More power to you dude! Maddox had it right and so do you...Contra games rule all. Can't wait for Contra 4 for DS. But nothing could ever compare to the satisfaction of choosing him in a Smash game. I hope this idea gets spread around enough that game producers on sites like IGN start suggesting it. Not to say Nintendo ignores its fans but the more attention this idea gets the better. BILL RIZER FOR BRAWL!!!

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
It may not be possible, but I am all in for Contra characters on Brawl.

Top Bottom