• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bike spike!

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
So I was playing against a Fox today on Smashville and I was trying go gimp him off the stage. I decided it was time for me to return to the stage so I hopped on my bike so I could recover. Turns out that as soon as I spawned my bike, I smacked the recovering Fox underneath Smashville! XD there was no way he could get back, he was right under the middle of the stage. I forgot to save the replay =[

It was online, no less!

Here's a terrible diagram I made to illustrate.

I'm sure it works on a bunch of other stages that you can get stuck under, such as Lylat Cruise. It's hard to do, but satisfying and very effective if you happen to pull it off. Just another trick to have up your sleeves! :chuckle: Adds to Wario's already numerous edgeguarding follies.

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
what if i did it too them as they were recovering from the side. like bike towards the edge and jump off as it lands on them. give it a try, i will when i get home

Yannick

Smash Rookie
Player percents and a bit more detail would help to figure out if anything else may be at work here.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
You have to actually be on the bike. When you first pull out the bike in the air, there's a hitbox they sends people flying. It's like a shinespike almost.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lmao. awesome find. ill tell you what though. one time i biked off the stage and hit squirtle and then got off. the people watching the match behind immediately started screaming. it turned out that after i hit squirtle off the stage with the bike, he jumped once again INTO the bike which bounced on his head and dragged him down. it was basically like if you threw the bike at someone but i finally got it to combo off the bikehit :D anyone else do this/know how it works/what angles the person needs to be at?

Drater

Smash Rookie
This would make my day if i could master it!

EDIT: After trying it for a bit, it's hard to do but possible nonetheless. I had to get a fox to 90% for it to be effective though. And it's not necessarily a spike, just a lucky angle. Might not be the most useful thing as of yet but I'll keep testing

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Off the stage, it seems like fair -> fair -> bike spike (bike toward stage) is possible if they get near your bike while you both are recovering

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
hm. when you spiked him under smashville do you remember what percentage he was at? and did you bike jump away or towards the stage?

btw 56k your sig disturbs me to no end every time i see it. just... :: shudder::

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
hm. when you spiked him under smashville do you remember what percentage he was at? and did you bike jump away or towards the stage?
Nope I do now remember what percentage he was at. It was a very fast stock so I'm guessing he was at low%. And I jumped straight up, I didn't even need to up B.
btw 56k your sig disturbs me to no end every time i see it. just... :: shudder::
Yeah that was the point. ^_^ I mean look at him, don't you just love it? I think it captures the very essence of Wario

Top Bottom