• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Biggest Surprise and Best Moment?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well fellow smashers, here we are, less than 12 days away from Brawl's release date in NA.

Now, we've waited 29 long months. We've discovered alot of things that made us happy, and others (namely delays) that made us very UNhappy.

I'd just like to ask you all, throughout all of this, what was your biggest surprise overall?

And what was your best moment overall?

For me its :

Biggest Surprise:

Wolf having a landmaster yet being clearly not a clone.

My favorite moment

Olimar being confirmed. I ran screaming around my house and totally flipped out. Scary, yeah.

(I also apologize if there are other topics like this, and apologize as well if I have a duplicate topic like this, I dont think I do, I posted it, but my internet messed up, so it probably didnt go through.)

So, how about you guys?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
ROB? ROB?!?! No way, he won't be playable...?

I can't believe ROB is playable.... I have to say that is still the biggest surprise for me, possibly followed by the stage builder. That took me totally by surprise for some reason.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Biggest Surprise: gotta go with the obvious one. Snake being announced. Sure it was the first trailer, but still. Sure Kojima wanted Snake to be in Melee, but I always thought maybe Nintendo and Sakurai even wanted to keep it First party exclusive. So I still say he's the biggest surprise for me.

Best Moment: dunno a hard one. Online made me very happy (even if it is rather lacking online it's still online), Olimar getting in made me really happy. But I still think the best moment was once again just that first trailer. I may not be a competative smasher, but I'm still a huge fan of the series, in fact Melee is easily one of my 5 favorite games ever. So seeing it announced with a wonderful trailer was probably the best moment.

SSBB4all

Smash Apprentice
When Chuck Norris was officially deconfirmed for a playable character.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Seeing Snake.

I was watching a live feed of the E3 trailer and I went crazy when I saw the trailer. I get up and I'm about to run around doing a crazy white-boy dance but then I heard the codec call sound and I said out loud "It can't be..." I walked back in front of my computer and I had a HUGE smile on my face! Then I started laughing so hard because I was so happy Snake was in and then I just went CRAZY.

I remember it so clearly.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
For some reason I didn't put a best moment. It's sort of complex. I'd say my best moment was when I looked at the game from a different perspective a couple of days after the roster was leaked.

For those couple of days I was kind of disappointed. I liked some of the newly announced newcomers but several things about this roster just totally got to me, everything from selection of character to the amount of characters each franchise got. When I finally looked at the whole roster again, no, the whole game again, I got over it immediately... there is really nothing to be disappointed about, that I have seen so far.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
The day is was released in Japan.THEY MUST OF BEEN PARTYING!

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
For some reason I didn't put a best moment. It's sort of complex. I'd say my best moment was when I looked at the game from a different perspective a couple of days after the roster was leaked.

For those couple of days I was kind of disappointed. I liked some of the newly announced newcomers but several things about this roster just totally got to me, everything from selection of character to the amount of characters each franchise got. When I finally looked at the whole roster again, no, the whole game again, I got over it immediately... there is really nothing to be disappointed about, that I have seen so far.
If there was nothing to get upset about, you wouldn't have initially have been upset to begin with. You just decided to live with it, just like everyone else.

I've decided to live with it, I'm still unhappy though, but the game overall is good

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
The inclusion of Snake & Pokémon Trainer sure surprised me more than anything in the game.

Best moment...I dunno.

superninja

Smash Cadet
biggest surprise: Hearing about Snake (duh). I thought: LEIK OMG he's actually going to have a realistic body size howzat gonna work?

best thing ever: Falling out the Brawl loop (and thank god, the antipation would have killed me), then finding the leaked video and seeing all the new characters at once! :DDD I'm liek OMG! I new they'd take Olimar!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Biggest Surprise: Seeing Toon Link as a clone. That made me go on tangents on how bad the roster was for a couple of days...

Favorite Moment: My friend telling me, "Today's update was Olimar and the Pikmin" after I asked him at school because my internet happened to go down the day my favorite character was confirmed.

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
biggest suprise...... that one green floaty guy carrying the bomb.....is ROB!!! omg i never guessed!!!

best moment.........SONIC PHUCK YEAH, HE'S HERE TO SAVE THE MOTHER PHUCK'IN DAY YEAH!!

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
Biggest Surprise (bad): Lucario
Best Moment: Hearing the RUMOR of Mewtwo and Roy in US/PAL Brawl

Darkurai

Smash Master
Biggest surprise: Snake. On day one.
Best moment: Sonic. I grew up on him.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I GOT IT!

Best moment...when it was confirmed that the leaked roster of the 35 characters everyone denied and claimed false rung true! I LMAO at everyone who continued to deny the roster even after that!

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Snake i lost my **** when i seen that, that was the most i was or ever will be excited for a game. Except maybe smash bros 4

Big Burn

Smash Lord
ROB........where the **** does that even come from...stage builder was also pretty groundbreaking

WaffleGuyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Biggest Surprise: Snake. When the trailer was first released I saw the logo near the end and was about to close my window but then, you know. And I was all, "WAIT! WHAT!?"

Best Moment: Sonic. I kinda expected him and the day he was announced I went crazy. My sister told me to shut up because I was so loud.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
surprise: how random sakurai was at updates, i mean everone tryed to analyze what his next update would be but yeah
best: PT wolf Sonic Meta

Chro

Smash Apprentice
Not paying attention to all the speculation and learning the final roster all at once.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Best Moment:
Falco is back, ready to kick some a**.

Biggest Surprise (not a good reason):
Realising Aus will have a much later release date for SSBB.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Biggest Surprise: Watching the first trailer and being in shock over how "epic" it was. I had tears in my eyes.

Best Moment: Waking up from the worst, longest night of my life and finding out that G&W and R.O.B. were confirmed at 6 in the morning (I couldn't sleep for most of the night since that was when all the spoilers were happening). I woke my sister up with my joyous screeching. :chuckle:

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I'm basically repeating what others said.

Surprise: Snake. Just when you thought the trailer was over, BAM! It just came out of nowhere.

Best Moment: Pokemon Trainer update. No other update on the Dojo excited me more. A new, innovative character? Hell yeah! Play as Squirtle and Charizard? WHOOOOO!

Top Bottom