• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beyond the limits- "Tight match tips" (say that 10 times fast)

yoshq

Smash Master
The guy beat me by spamming luigi tornado in lag, coupled with the fact that i cant time a dtilt in lag to stop it or a dolphin slash... or really bnothing cause i suck at wi-fi... really wi-fi is trash period... play real marths in real tournaments around you lol.
i did, i just said i beat a marth at genesis man.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Even though I'm a Diddy main, I would like to know how I should approach Diddy if I'm playing Lui. I could say I can beat some1 who plays Diddy b/c I main, but that is easier said than done.

So how should a Lui player go about playing him against Diddy?

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Not gonna really flame buttt....

that marth is using more then the 3 moves needed to **** luigi.

marths that know the matchup will just sit back and bair luigi then fair...over and over and over again.

side-b- just a good move in general, ***** his dodges.

and..fsmash- unles lugii powershields marth cant be punished.

yoshq

Smash Master
Not gonna really flame buttt....

that marth is using more then the 3 moves needed to **** luigi.

marths that know the matchup will just sit back and bair luigi then fair...over and over and over again.

side-b- just a good move in general, ***** his dodges.

and..fsmash- unles lugii powershields marth cant be punished.
none of the marths i've played knew the matchup, except this one actually. he spiked my jump tornado recovery perfectly, and up b during my jab combo. but the point is idk how much it matters what the marth that knws the matchup will do since none except this one that I've fought have so far.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
The topic at hand isn't how to beat Marths that don't know the matchup. Most Luigi players can handle those type of Marths. It's also self-explanatory why.

The topic is about how to get in and gain the upper hand in a tight match against one of our hardest matchups with someone who KNOWS the matchup. This is when things get incredibly difficult and this is where we have to dive deep into thought and find the few things that could work in a situation like this.

yoshq

Smash Master
The topic at hand isn't how to beat Marths that don't know the matchup. Most Luigi players can handle those type of Marths. It's also self-explanatory why.

The topic is about how to get in and gain the upper hand in a tight match against one of our hardest matchups with someone who KNOWS the matchup. This is when things get incredibly difficult and this is where we have to dive deep into thought and find the few things that could work in a situation like this.
oh, ok. if they know the matchup you have to consciously change your playstyle and start doing stuff you wouldn't normally do. just focus on keeping your moves unpredictable. that's what I think.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Another problem I have playin' Lui is fight against projectile fighters like Toon Link.

I'm sure some of us have fought TL's who SH-Nair then neutral b on landing. Basically this keeps in enemies at bay and then tops it off with range attacks making sure u have no approach inside.

Then there are the ones who utilize all the projectiles of TL from bombs to arrows to zair---boost usmash. Man TL give me problems when playing Lui. Bairing only works half the time but that can be ended with by TL bair.

The only way I see fighting TL is to power shield as much as possible so it doesn't shield poke and keep their spacing in tact. Wat you guys think?

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, well it would make sense for a Lui main to power shield everything.

Ya kno hippie you just gave me an idea on how to improve my Diddy as well. I gotta find a wii and fast. XD

Top Bottom