• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beware, Pit counters Pokemon Trainer!

Black/Light

Smash Master
Thats a kick a** Pitt but thats it. . .he is just a kick a** Pitt. That same dude beat Gimpy's Bowser with Pitt.

Black/Light

Smash Master
That Pit was just good, also I don't think it would be too presumptious of me to say I'm a better PT at this point than DEHF
Do you mean your better @ PT than DEHF is with Pitt or are you talking about Mr.P something? Mr. P did pretty well against DEHF's Falco with PT and he beat some one's Peach pretty good with (again) PT. DEHF was just a realy good Pitt.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Got to say I'm happy to see these type of threads. Why? Because there is one for many of the different one on ones, making me believe that the characters are well balanced.

Lithos

Smash Cadet
DEHF is really good with Pit. That's probably one of his most impressive matches (granted, PT wasn't played great).

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I wasn't too impressed with the Pokemon Trainer. He didn't switch unless his Pokemon died. I don't think Squirtle should stay out for too long. He's really fast and good at racking up damage, but once Pit got to 100 % Ivysaur or Charizard should've come in. That's not to say that Pit isn't awesome though...he looks quite fierce. But I don't think that was a good show of the Pokemon at all.

Fatal_Aroma

Smash Rookie
Whoops meant to say Pbody's PT. I haven't seen the other vids. I agree the DEHF's Pit is looking really good.
Pbody's Charizard was pretty bad, but that may be DEHF not giving him a chance to do anytyhing.
Squirtle seemed faired much better against Pit but I don't think he was aggressive enough with him, also his inability to edge guard or KO Pit.

tacticslord

Smash Rookie
The problem with switching 1 v 1 is that the switch takes way too long to compete and against a fast character like Pit, the next pokemon's going to take a beating the moment it comes out. No, I think his main problem was he wasn't changing style with his pokemon. He played everyone like they were a heavy squirtle. He tried to rely on starting combos with charizards slower attacks without taking into consideration that Pit is simply too fast for that. When squirtle came out, he used him decently well because the above strategy works with squirtle. However you were right in this since that a switch would have probably been a good thing after a while because, the ivy's lighter, his longer range allows him to avoid pit more. Still he attacked haphazardly with squirlte and was soon punished for it. Once Ivysaur came out, he used the exact same strategy as the first two with is even worse since Ivysaur's strength comes mainly from range and the ground, not air attacks. Completely missing with most of ivy's attacks or simply hitting a few light vine whips, Pit was able to take him down with relative ease.

I'm personally of the opinion that the trainer, when used correctly, won't have any counters against him. If he did that would mean that there's a character out there that counters quick combo ability, range and projectiles, AND strong heavyweight beat-downs. If such a character existed then technically they'd be a counter to practically everybody and be considered broken beyond believe.... Then again I'm still of the opinion that Pit's too **** good and will be one of the harder ones to defeat.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Whoops meant to say Pbody's PT. I haven't seen the other vids. I agree the DEHF's Pit is looking really good.
Pbody's Charizard was pretty bad, but that may be DEHF not giving him a chance to do anytyhing.
Squirtle seemed faired much better against Pit but I don't think he was aggressive enough with him, also his inability to edge guard or KO Pit.
Well here 2 of the other vids I was talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqn-rukQvKI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4rTycdA5U8

The guy who has these has the other fights as well.

I think he was pretty good in these vids.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I don't feel that pit really counters PT it's just that I think Pbody had trouble getting around pit's arrows. Squirtle can duck under the arrows which is why he did better with him

Just remember that it's still a bit too early to know exactly who counters who as we don't know all there is to know about the characters.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
that's ust a better layer using the pit.... PT also isn't exceptionally great... I'd imagine pit ranks higher than PT in genral

Seison

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be more accurate to say that Pit is a decent counter to Charizard, but in this case I don't even think that's true.

I think this is definitely just a case of one player being better than the other. If you watch some of the other vids from that tourney, you'll notice that DEHF performs pretty consistantly, and that Mr. P-body, well, doesn't.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
PT rocks, I have used him before and he is very good, rest assured trainer fans. That guy using him in the first video was not very good at all :(. On the first KO he should have used charizard's glide to get closer to the stage and then use UpB, he would have made it. Nothing that made or break the match, but its just one example that shows that he didn't know what he was doing.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I think it would be more accurate to say that Pit is a decent counter to Charizard, but in this case I don't even think that's true.

I think this is definitely just a case of one player being better than the other. If you watch some of the other vids from that tourney, you'll notice that DEHF performs pretty consistantly, and that Mr. P-body, well, doesn't.
Well, DEHF got pwned really hard when he tried to use Falco on Pbody's PT. Pbody really shut him down in that round so I wouldn't say Pbody wasn't good.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zqn-rukQvKI&feature=related (clearly one of the best Char vids)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=D4rTycdA5U8 (pretty good use of all pokemon. )

As DEHF said, Pbody probly wasn't use to fighting Pitt
I don't feel that pit really counters PT it's just that I think Pbody had trouble getting around pit's arrows. Squirtle can duck under the arrows which is why he did better with him
PBody is actually one of the better PT's I have seen. Others like Chu only use one pokemon (Ivy) and can be good with them but Pbody atleast tries to fight with each one. Really, that Falco round and the Peach round 2 where good rounds for Pbody and actually showed off some good PT action. (I think he would have won the 3rd round if they where not on that restarted DK stage)

I mean, Gimpy also lost to DEHF's Pit with Bowser. . . I wouldn't call him a bad player for that as much as I would just have to say that he aint use to fighting Pitt nor has he played the game long enuff to get a grip on countering these new characters.

pictish freak

Smash Ace
Guys. Guys guys guys. Guess what? No one counter's anyone yet. We all suck at brawl. Maybe Pit is good with less skill faster than other characters. Maybe PT is harder. Maybe Pit is god top tier and every match will be Pit vs Pit or perhaps in 6 months no one will consider using Pit. The one thing that's certain is that you can't be certain yet.

Counter match ups arise when both characters have their gameplay highly fleshed out and well executed, understood, and intrinsic properties of both characters lead to a certain character 'just doing better'.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Guys. Guys guys guys. Guess what? No one counter's anyone yet. We all suck at brawl. Maybe Pit is good with less skill faster than other characters. Maybe PT is harder. Maybe Pit is god top tier and every match will be Pit vs Pit or perhaps in 6 months no one will consider using Pit. The one thing that's certain is that you can't be certain yet.

Counter match ups arise when both characters have their gameplay highly fleshed out and well executed, understood, and intrinsic properties of both characters lead to a certain character 'just doing better'.
+1

10landmasters

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Well, from my experience, when playing against Pit, you really need to know how to D.I. out of his attacks. As you can see, most of his moves have Auto-Combos that do pretty good Damage if you don't D.I. out of them. All his Smashes seem to have a weaker blow first, and then a heavy one, if you manage to D.I. on the First Blow, the Second won't hit!!

The P.T. player wasn't used on fighting Pit, that is all.

squarez

Smash Apprentice
Looks like the pit was a slightly better player. But also squirtle fared better than the other two pokemon, I guess PT's versatility will be a great asset.
edit: Just saw a couple more pit videos, seems like he does have a lot of things going for him. Those wings seem to keep him up forever. Bad news for me, one of my friends plans on maining pitt and he is a smug *******!:mad:

metahunter

Smash Apprentice
well first off that was a realy good pit
secondly that was a underdeveloped pokemon trainer
pokemon trainer works best when rapidly switched depending on the situation that PT didnt switch at all so he lost :ohwell:
lastly knowone can counter PT but he can conter everyone pbody guy might be a good player but i doubt that he has evan reached the start of the PTs potental

PS: swiching pokemon is an uber mind game ( maby evan the best):)

Top Bottom