• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Better Way and easier way of doing the air dodge cancel *UpDate*

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
ok i think i found out something new about link ive been doing this about a week so far but i havin't found a vid about it. uhm if tis is already found out plz close this tread =D

ok here it is. when ur link right u r able to control which way ur bomb can go like downwards or higher than a normal throw of a bomb throw just by sh jumping then fast fall *while throwing the bomb* and it comes out an angel. if u dont understand what im talkin about(cuz i suck at explaning :urg:) i'll make a vid and if someone already posted about this plz close this thx

Just found out another thing about link im go and make a vid im hyped =) =)

*UpDate* ok to do the air dodge cancel all u have to do is airdoge then throw the bomb at the same time and this time u keep ur jump =D

WARNING BAD QUALITY WARNING WARNING PREPARE UR SELF WARNING BAD QUALITY VID IS NOW UP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD-4O5cRY4E

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
I think i know what your talking about but im not sure. Can you explain how its done? that might clear things up.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
this is how its done to clear things up
sh>ff while throwing the bomb> hit the corner of the controller stick or c-stick

to do the downwards version. press ff and hit the corner c-stick at the same time

for the upwards version: u have to wait til the highest point of the sh then throw then ff. gotta move ur finger a little quick. ima go and make a vid about it

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying this right now.
Will post results.

So like... Is it supposed to be like a "WOAH" difference?
If not then I failed.
I think I noticed the downward one but not the upwards one.
I'd love to see the video

4Serial

Smash Lord
i dunno how useful it'll be but it adds to link's movement game, so it could be pretty cool
after you do that bomb airdodge thing, do you still have your double jump? i still don't understand how it works hahah
good stuff

Skler

Smash Master
Are you certain the bomb throw differences come from holding the stick in a certain direction and not momentum (for the high toss) and Link's strange deal with the bomb toss and landing? I can do a similar thing (toss a bomb either high or low when landing) but it's just because there's something wonky about Link's animations and the bomb. That airdodge thing is pretty sweet though, especially if you keep your double jump.

Still an awesome find.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
this needs to be explored further. what do you mean by corner of the cstick?
the controller stick(almost pressing down but corner of which link is facing)

I have a feeling monkeyx4 is gonna be a good link in a while for some reason.
hopefully i will cuz ive been lookin at vids of the germ,skler,deva,aniki, and many of yall on here who have vids so i can use what i see that is tight/helpful to help me out and skler awesome guide helps a lot with match ups and what not =)

i dunno how useful it'll be but it adds to link's movement game, so it could be pretty cool
after you do that bomb airdodge thing, do you still have your double jump? i still don't understand how it works hahah
good stuff
yea it helps with mindgames and such as tech chasing :D

Are you certain the bomb throw differences come from holding the stick in a certain direction and not momentum (for the high toss) and Link's strange deal with the bomb toss and landing? I can do a similar thing (toss a bomb either high or low when landing) but it's just because there's something wonky about Link's animations and the bomb. That airdodge thing is pretty sweet though, especially if you keep your double jump.

Still an awesome find.
yea im sure cuz ive tried using the c-stick to aim the bomb when fast falling but it didnt work =/ its all about timing on which u fast fall the sh

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
**** dude good ****.
I'm gonna practice this right now.
The airdodge **** is pretty cool.

Do you think you could get your hands on a Capture card?
Like I know what you're doing in the video but it'd be a lot easier to figure it out. :p

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
nothing. He throws the bomb like normal. i dont understand how its done.
ok here's what u do.
jump>air dodge then quick jump again while throwing any direction u want to throw it

hoped i help =/

eagletrent242

Smash Apprentice
Confirmed. This works with YL as well but I do it differently. I can get it to work but just short hopping and throwing it as I fast fall with c stick. To get the distance down, when I want it to go short I just hold down and for farther throws I hold forward a little bit. Hope this helped.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
Look ppl at the 1 page on how to do it easier. and better

Top Bottom