• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Better Final Smash ideas

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Falco--Arwing--He pretty much needs his arwing. The idea of it being a Snake/Dragoon-like affair shooting lasers and bombs is probably best.

Wolf--Star Wolf--Calls down Panther and Leon to do bombing runs of the stage. Preferrably says "Can't let you do that!" on activation.

Ness--PK Rockin--Though it should incorporate Ness's signature sparkles, I think it should work something like Tabuu's Red rings of death. Only faster moving and with less startup so they're harder to dodge.

Toon Link--Great Flood--a massive wave washes over the stage and covers it with water. a strong current moves toward the blast zone, and seahats, gyorgs, and octoroks move along with the current and attack the other players.

This should at least get rid of the duplicate final smashes. Shiek and Zelda still have the same one, yes, but they ARE the same character.

Also, ZSS's needs to be called Crystal Flash. That's what it is, after all.

MackyMack

Smash Rookie
Agh! Kirby has Tabuu's Off-Waves now XD

I think Kirby has a good FS already. But if he where to have Crash, it would have to be reduced to about Jiggly's FS, maybe smaller, maybe bigger. I mean, Crash DOES insta-kill in the Kirby games...it would be too much in brawl :p

Toon Link: He uses the Wind Waker and makes a huge tornado appear. It has a powerful vaccum effect, and if a character enters it, he/she starts racking up damage. Then, the tornado ends and the characters are sent off flying in different directions. Ness and Lucas should have different final smashes, but I've never played any Earthbound/Mother game.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Well Hyper Sonic would be cool and the music from Sonic 2 would play
Falco: Arwing what if it would be like an old-school shooter and he'd come from the bottom he could do barrel rolls and shoot and he'd be slowly going up
Kirby-crash

~rh

Smash Lord
Fox should have a super laser instead of that ugly, bis *** tank. It's so unsightly.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
captain falcon should have everyone except for him from f-zero to run you over and then he hits you. that would be the greatest final smash

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf should transform into Pig-Demon Ganon from Ocarina of Time rather than Beast Ganon. It could be similar to Giga Bowser, making Ganon bigger, giving him his trident daggers, and making him invulnerable.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Fox should have a super laser instead of that ugly, bis *** tank. It's so unsightly.
Have you ever played Starfox?

Anyway, it is sad that Sakurai didn't want to scratch his head over giving Mario a final smash actually seen on the Mario games, possibly an axe appears and he grabs it, causing the stage to disappear for a few moments exceot for where mario is standing, or something.

espio87

Smash Ace
Toon Link: Four Sword: He pulls the Four Sword and creates three clones of himself. It would be like playing as the Ice Climbers with 3 Nanas instead of 1 and they have a bit more independence. The clones would dissapear after 15-30 seconds.

Falco: Arwing: It would work like many people posted before (similar controls with the landmaster)

Ness: Psi Rockin': Emmits brain waves like Barbara the Bat emits sound waves, only that they have better range and power.

AidanHM

Smash Rookie
Mario: Toasters
Pays homage to his lesser known game, Hotel Mario, by gaining a lot of weight and shooting toast at everyone on the screen while saying, "You know what they say, all toasters toast toast!"

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
I've always thought Lucario's final smash should have been more awesome.

Lucario shoot's three beams of aura instead of one and it should have been auto homing instead of you controlling it. It also lasts a shorter amount of time.

And I've always thought that if mewtwo was in brawl his final smash should be mind control. He takes control of any opponents while he stays afloat in the top of the screen. He can switch between which character he wants to control by flicking the c-stick to the direction of the opponent he wants to control. It would only last a short amount of time but think how awesome it would be!!!

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
More Landmasterz! Liek, 10 moar! jk

Toon Link: Summons the giant angry pig from Windwaker and causes havoc. I'm refering to the one that takes 3 hearts on impact. It's stupid, but it would be frikin hilarious.

Yoshi: Calls a wave of other Yoshis and runs over anyone on the ground.

PT: Throws a special pokeball with Mew2 in it! I know I know, I just want Mewtwo to be in brawl someway...

Mario-Up & Away. Everyone becomes a star for 10-15 seconds and starts to rise towards the top of the screen. If they reach it, they lose a life. They must repeatedly tap a random button to start slow themselves, while the player using Mario must repeatedly tap a button to speed them up. The characters who are stars would constantly take damage, and if Mario gets hit by an attack the whole thing ends, but since everyone is a star, the only way to stop it (short of time running out) would be for one character to lose a life, then return and attack him.

Peach- Maybe she could have her actual fighting abilities for once? Like Mute would disable everyone's Special Moves, and Psych Bomb would… be awesome.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Yay to Fierce Diety Mask Link to whoever suggested that. I'm too lazy to quote.

GET DK'S DUMB**** BONGOS OUT.
Give him something worth getting a Smash Ball for!

Barrell Cannon Mayhem
Kong Crash
Giant Donkey Kong

ANYTHING but his current Final Smash...

MPH Deku

Smash Journeyman
Bowser - LANDMASTER
Captain Falcon- LANDMASTER
Diddy Kong - LANDMASTER
Donkey Kong - LANDMASTER
Falco- LANDMASTER
Fox- LANDMASTER
Game and Watch - FLATMASTER
Ganondorf - LANDMASTER
Ice Climbers- TWO LANDMASTERS
Ike- LANDMASTER
Jigglypuff- LANDMASTER
King Dedede- LANDMASTER
Kirby - LANDMASTER
Link- LANDMASTER
Lucario- LANDMASTER
Lucas- LANDBLASTER
Luigi- LANDMASTER
Mario- MASTERLAND
Marth - LANDMASTER
Meta Knight- LANDMASTER
Ness- LANDMASTER
Olimar- LANDMASTER
Peach- LANDMASTER
Pikachu- LANDMASTER
Pit- LANDMASTER
Pokemon Trainer- TRIPLE LANDMASTER FINISH! GO!
ROB- LANDMASTER
Samus- LANDMASTER THAT REMOVES HER SUIT
Sheik- LANDMASTER
Snake- LANDMASTER
Sonic- FASTMASTER
Toon Link- TOONMASTER
Wario- LANDMASTER
Wolf- LANDMASTAH!!
Yoshi- LANDMASTER
Zelda- LANDMASTER
Zero Suit Samus- Puts on suit so that she can LANDMASTER AGAIN

This is probably what Sakurai intended.

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
DK: Okay guys you remember the game for super nintendo? Well DK (since his current final smash is really worthless) should like get on the rhino or the dolphin etc. He could just ride around the map and own. That would be a real improvement imo.

BEES

Smash Lord
My problem with final smashes has always been the implementation. Whoever gets one is usually random. If a final smash were an earnable attack under certain situations, like ending a combo on someone's final stock, then they could improve the game's depth considerably.

You know, like all the other fighting games that have finishers...

w3ntz

Smash Rookie
Like Jibbles Said, Squirtle and Ivysaur must be in their final evolution.
And I would think Wolf Link is impossible here. Because:

1. Link must be in the twilight world to transform.
2. There's no Item to transform him into wolf form
1. Not true.
2. He could even just like call for midna (which imo would make the fs moar b-a), if that doesnt solve every wolf-link related problem for you, it could even make the stage go twilight, really not that hard some moves have their own like lens filter effects.

Now, to present the only real problem with a wolf link final smash, the game doesn't need anymore more rigged, overpowered transformation final smashes.

w3ntz

Smash Rookie
My problem with final smashes has always been the implementation. Whoever gets one is usually random. If a final smash were an earnable attack under certain situations, like ending a combo on someone's final stock, then they could improve the game's depth considerably.

You know, like all the other fighting games that have finishers...
Don't ever try and fit/liken any of the SSB games into the mold of other fighting games. Just don't.

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
luigi: luigi finale
same as the mario finally but green fire ( what's up with the negative zone anyway??????)

pokemon trainer: shadow force
the trainer calls upon giritina to use shadow force. all players take 50 damage
OR 4th pokemon
the trainer sends out dragonite as a playable character

ROB: subspace bomb
ROB turns into the ancient minister and engulfs the stage in subspace. while in subspace people move in slow motion and slowly take damage. you can also move ROB around

Sygmus

Smash Cadet
Falco should have an Arwing and fly close to the battlefield, similar to the arwing but be able to move around much easier and faster.

Wolf should jump into the Wolfen and call the rest of the Star Wolf team (the orginal team from 64). They do some talking with their picture in the bottom left like in the game, then they terrorize the field by flying around and shooting at everyone. Maybe end it with a couple smart bombs.

Jigglypuff should be the one with the FS that puts everyone to sleep. Peach... I dunno, maybe Psych Bomb?

When DK gets the Smash Ball and activates it, barrels appear next to him and he starts throwing them. You can choose the direction DK throws the barrels, and some of them are TNT barrels with even more damage and knockback.

Toon Link... he should summon cyclones to the field with his Wind Waker, which twirl around the field randomly and knock back everyone until they're thrown off-screen.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
Zacharia Zako ^^ made me think of this one...
PT: "I choose YOU... Mewtoo!":
He's back from melee, with Super Strength!!! But change a special to an attack that pulls your opponent from anywhere to right in front of you. There could be more changes too, as long as it feels like the same old Mewtoo.

Luigi's Poltergeist 3000:
Just think of Cook Kirby, but with a vacuum cleaner and more knockback!
Or you can push Y, X, or Z to make the elements fire, ice, or water shoot out.

Wolf Link:
He's wolf link.

Top Bottom