• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best/Worst move ever?

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Best Moves: Falcon's u-air/Kirby u-tilt
Worst Moves: Luigi's dash attack/Jigg's D-tilt
Embarrassing: Pushing a post-rest Jiggly off the stage/spiked by Kirby's up b

Getting Tomahawk kicked horizontally by Falcon always hurts my face.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
lol i did it on a nine earlier. a NINE. and he woke up befor it ended. suchhh an awful move lol.

on this topic though. its been a while since ive pushed someone sleeping off the edge, dont they wake right back up after they fall? or is that only sheild brake tipsy mode.

Banana Jack

Smash Cadet
lol i did it on a nine earlier. a NINE. and he woke up befor it ended. suchhh an awful move lol.

on this topic though. its been a while since ive pushed someone sleeping off the edge, dont they wake right back up after they fall? or is that only sheild brake tipsy mode.
if they're SLEEPING they wake up.
if they're (just) RESTING they don't.
I believe that's correct...
apparently jiggs does some pretty serious resting.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i guess falcon u-air is pretty damn good

shine is only really good if you take perfect usage into account, but if we aren't theorycrafting then it's not super-amazing

why do people hate on jiggs d-tilt so much?

also, to be perfectly honest, im not sold on the idea of a moves tier list at all

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
a moves tier list would be cool, but way to contraversial and difficult. no single partyy would be satisfiedd.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
why do people hate on jiggs d-tilt so much?
The move itself is fun to pull off. You don't see it too often, unfortunately.

In my opinion, it isn't great for a few reasons:

It doesn't have great knock back, unless you want to follow up with an aerial attack.

The move itself lasts a few too many frames.

If I ever use it in tournament it would be to goof off.

The hit box area isn't too great.

All in all you are, in my opinion, better off using something else.

also, to be perfectly honest, im not sold on the idea of a moves tier list at all
It would be beneficial in the sense that there would be more hard evidence to support a character tier list.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i know what's wrong with it (and you forgot quite a few of the problems with it yourself), but it is not worst-move-in-game stuff

far too much clerical debate in a move tier list, not gonna go into it

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
i know what's wrong with it (and you forgot quite a few of the problems with it yourself), but it is not worst-move-in-game stuff

far too much clerical debate in a move tier list, not gonna go into it
My response was to your "why do people hate on jiggs d-tilt so much?" :embarrass:
Yes, there is more wrong about it. My piece was just a tip of the iceberg assessment.

For the sake of discussion, may I ask what you think Jigg's d-tilt advantages are? Or the things that don't make it a worst move in her move-set?

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
what does everyone think about ness dair/uair? or link dair/uair? dont these moves have high priority(ness dair/uair also being easy to combo/tech chase)? or it may just seem like it from my playing with my friends...

asianaussie

Smash Hero
it's a pretty bad move and arguably jiggs' worst (sing? second jab?) but we're talking worst in the game

it can lead into a few things at moderate percent and it is delayed, so it can catch shielding opponents who predict a faster attack and try shield grabbing

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
what does everyone think about ness dair/uair? or link dair/uair? dont these moves have high priority(ness dair/uair also being easy to combo/tech chase)? or it may just seem like it from my playing with my friends...
i orriginally had ness' dair as my "best in game". i dont really see any draw backs. high priority and sets combos up great. same with his uair, just like you said.

about link though, his dair, in my opinion is great. except if your not on your second jump, even with z cancelling it pretty easy to counter. and as far as links uair goes. yeah it has high priority but it takes foreeever to finish. i think both are pretty predictable. theyre not badd i just dont see them as "best" status.

kys

Smash Ace
Best move: Falcon uair...one of the only moves that comes to mind which can easily combo with itself, leading to a KO
Worst move: SING

What's with the hate on Weegee's dash attack? It's actually really good for pushing someone off the stage, then following with a dtilt or dsmash. It works especially well against Ness, DK, and Jiggs.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Links Dair is really good, id prob have it on top 10-15

And the concept of a moves tier list is silly but its only opinions anyways, formulate them as you will.

dandan

Smash Lord
i change my answer of worst move to samus roll, if that is considered a move, nothing good can happen from it, you will always get punished.

rolls in general are so bad.

The Star King

Smash Hero
No, they aren't.

Noobs overuse rolls, and competitive players overhate rolls for some reason.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
i change my answer of worst move to samus roll, if that is considered a move, nothing good can happen from it, you will always get punished.

rolls in general are so bad.
ahahahahahha "you will allways get punished". i literally lol'd at this.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
if the opponent sees your roll coming (and believe me, noobs make it REEEEEEAL predictable) then hell yes you get punished

use it smartly and it's just a spacing tool

samus's roll is pretty bad and pika's roll feels bleh to me

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Best moves in the game: Kirby's Up Tilt
2. Fox's Laser
3. Pikachu's Up B
5. Falcon's U-air
6. Pikachu's u-air
7. Ness's U-air (Dairantou Version)
8. Mario's U-smash.

Worst moves in the game: Ness's PK Thunder 2
2. DK's dash attack
3. Luigi's dash attack
4. Samus's u-tilt

Most embarassing move to be hit with/way to die:
1. Kirbycide
2. Kirby Up B Kill
3. Being pushed off the ledge by the wind after Resting
4. Going near the ledge as Link.
5. Trying to recover with Ness.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I forgot about Ness's U+air. Damn good because of that big-*** head getting all invincible.

I dair you to try to attack a computer Ness from above.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
[COLLAPSE=Click Here To]
Best moves in the game: Kirby's Up Tilt
2. Fox's Laser
3. Pikachu's Up B
5. Falcon's U-air
6. Pikachu's u-air
7. Ness's U-air (Dairantou Version)
8. Mario's U-smash.
9. Link's Fair.

Worst moves in the game: Ness's PK Thunder 2
2. DK's dash attack.
3. Luigi's dash attack.
4. Samus's u-tilt.

Most embarassing move to be hit with/way to die:
1. Kirbycide.
2. Kirby Up B Kill.
3. Being pushed off the ledge by the wind after Resting/Link's UpB.
4. Going near the ledge as Link.
5. Trying to recover with Ness.
[/COLLAPSE]

Fixed for truth.
=P

sanchaz

Smash Lord
quick question guys, where does link stand on the tier list, he's seems great on stage, but when he gets off stage, well...please reply back

Infamous_Diablo

Banned via Warnings
i know ness' utilt isnt even close to being on the best moves list but i think its a pretty useful move to combo with. with low enough damage it doesnt sent the opponent high enough where hey can get away so if virtually paralyzes them for you to do any attack you please with them at your mercy

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Yeah, but people don't mention it that much, because of Ness being bad in "general".

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ness's Utilt is definitely his most ridiculous move. It doesn't get quite the play that Dair or the grabs do, but I always spew a mouthful of whatever I'm drinking when that flippity-flapping hitbox catches me trying to approach with Dair and combos to death, or catches me trying to approach with Fair and combos me to death, or catches me trying to approach with Bair and combos me to death, or catches me trying to approach with fox's goddamn laser and combos me to death. Seriously, that hitbox is too big.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ness's Uair might be better (his dair and grabs probably are too) but his Utilt is way more ridiculous.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
yeahh ness' jumping jack is prettyy insane ahaha. start the life with his jumping jack- do like 5 headbut horros and boom your oppenet has like 87 damage. side boot them of the edge, finish it off with some yoyo action and its "game over *****es"- Jimmy voice from the other guys.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Battlecow be mad because I was ****** him with Ness utilt last time I played him. I'm not even kidding.

Gotta admit that hitbox can be a tad absurd, though.

LAWL jumping jack. Moar pl0x.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I know this is besides the point but Link's Fair is like my favorite move ever. Feels so satisfying.

Dying to Yoshi's neutral B is easily the most embarrassing BTW (that actually happens).

Top Bottom