• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best/Worst move ever?

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
I couldent find any threads on this, and was curious what people thought.

Best move in the game:
Worst move in the game(does not include jabs):
Most embarassing move to be hit with/way to die:

Best: falcon uair

Worst: luigis dash attack, also, not that that its totally terrible. but i feel like ness' regenerator is absolutely abismal in use of battle. it was goood back in 97 when no one knew what the characters moves were. but in this day and age, its hard to pull off. not to mention its lagg.

Most embarassing: im temped to say lava double kick down.. but thats more cool than embarassing. mayee gettting thrown into an electrode.. or going to meteor spike someone with falcon, missing, and killing yourself.

dandan

Smash Lord
now, for the objectively correct list ;)

best: pika upb (tempted to say laser on hyrule, but meh, pika too good)
worst: dk dash attack
most embarrasing: getting hit by a samus utilt (or getting edgeguarded with luigi taunt - too pro)

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
best:

1st - Pika, UpB
2nd - Kirby, Utilt / Falcon, Uair
3rd - Fox, Laser

Worst

1st - Jiggly, Sing
2nd - Luigi, Dash attack
3rd - Samus, Utilt

Embarrassing

1st - Links Downward bomb throw off platform / Getting hit with Luigis taunt
2nd - Getting Edge Hogged as Pika
3rd - Samus Back throwing Link off the stage near the edge at 0%.

5000!!!

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Jabs are not "obvious" worst moves.

DK dash attack > Samus utilt
i just said that because i wanted to see peoples opinions in terms of smash, tilts, areals etc.

i dontt think samus' utilt is that terrible? its certainly is awful, but i dont think its the worst move in the game by any means.

dandan

Smash Lord
samus utilt can actually do something if it hits, can dk dash attack be followed up by anything at any percentage vs any char?

surri, falcon uair above laser, what?

Peek~

Smash Lord
samus utilt can actually do something if it hits, can dk dash attack be followed up by anything at any percentage vs any char?
Cant Samus Utilt be followed up by Charge shot? or am I just imagining things that feel like they would work but really dont

DKs dash attack can clash with moves/projectiles and get a quick recovery iirc

inc power ranking

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
yoo peeek. i noticied theres a Peek and than a Peek squigly. are you guys the same? if not, whos the one who mains ness.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
your the only peek i should love/hate because its only you. or are you implying that your superrior to another peeek? and whats the deel with ness.

The Star King

Smash Hero

surri, falcon uair above laser, what?
1. It can. If you hit the very end of it, you can combo it into a platform drop uair (or utilt/up-b) on characters like Falcon.
2. You ask as if that's a plus Samus's utilt has over DK's dash attack. This doesn't make sense because even if you couldn't follow up DK's dash attack with "anything at any percentage vs any character", you can't with Samus utilt, either (as far as I know).

Also, I agree with Surri that Falcon uair > laser, but that might be my personal hatred of that stupid move.

P.S. Luigi's dash attack is overhated.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Maybe, but i suppose i see very limited Luigis so it just comes to my mind as god awful.

Falcon uair and fox laser is close imo but i honestly feel falcon needs his uair more then fox needs his lasers. It's kind of ultra combo move vs super projectile.

Since i didn't use any real rubric for my ratings, and just personal opinion i maybe technically wrong.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Somebody came in here saying that DK's dash attack clanged with Kirby's U-tilt, giving DK a 2 frame advantage. Too pro.

And Luigi's Thousand Punches may be a stupid move, but I really don't see it punished that much because it's usually accidentally used and the opponent isn't expecting it and doesn't know how to react, other than to take all those fists to the face and deal.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Bestest: Fox laser
Worstest: DK's down B in the air
Embarrassing: Walking a rested jiggs off the stage.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
haha well thats just charming. its only good when its by accident lol.

also, does kirbys uair have any real purpose? because it seems pretty god **** terrible

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Kirby's uair is leet for uair -> fsmash combo and other combo shenanigans.

best move: kirby utilt
worst move: ness dtilt (maybe I just don't know what to use it for?). I realized I never use ness ftilt either
embarrasing: getting caught in a rapid a against a wall

sing is pro for sing slide

asianaussie

Smash Hero
best: probably kirby u-tilt all round
worst: uh, second hit of link's u-smash or samus u-tilt
embarassing: samus rolling behind you and landing a hit of any sort

dk dash attack clank apparently gives him a slight advantage over other characters' recovery lag from clanking

Peek~

Smash Lord
OFFICAL BEST MOVES IN THiS GAME POWER RANKINGS

1. Pikachu Upb
2. Kirby Utilt
3. Pikachu Uair
4. Kirby Dair
5. Falcon Usmash
6. All grabs that arent slow
7. Falcon Uair
8. Fox Lasers
9. Mario Bup
10. So many choices here, cant decide
9001. Samus Utilt
9002. Jigglypuff Sing
9003. Ness Dtilt
9004. Jigglypuff Dtilt
9005. DK Dash Attack
9006. Luigi Dash Attack
90000000000000000000000000000000001. DK Aerial Bdown

your the only peek i should love/hate because its only you. or are you implying that your superrior to another peeek? and whats the deel with ness.
Yeah me, I dont know who that other peek is.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Best move: Kirby Utilt (**** that move)

Worst move: Prolly dat Samus Utilt

most embarassing to get hit with: Definitely da Pimp Kick

The Star King

Smash Hero
OK, Luigi's dash attack is useful when you need to push people off the edge with a running attack and don't want to give back their jump with a grab. It happens more often than you think. Fools.

Jiggylpuff's dtilt that low is just very no.

Falcon's USmash over Uair? No.

And I wasn't thinking of Luigi's taunt as a move, but if people are putting it under most embarrassing, it's definitely the worst move too.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
1. Kirby's utilt (stupidest move ever)
2. Kirby's utilt
3. Kirby's utilt
Infinity + 1. Pika's up-b

A tier list of all the moves would be fun to make actually. Tier lists are always fun to make. Anyone up to do that?

ballin4life

Smash Hero
How is everyone saying samus utilt? Isn't it the same as Falcon's? Can't you use it for edgeguarding?

anyway i rethought and

best: falcon 100% ledge getup
worst: DK 100% ledge getup

asianaussie

Smash Hero
yeah i was gonna say, jiggs' d-tilt can at least lead into some stuff, definitely better than the likes of samus u-tilt and ness d-tilt

why isn't shine in anybody's list...then again, only one 'top ten' has been put up lol

pika's up-b will never win matches by itself by it sure as hell can stop you from losing matches

1) Kirby U-Tilt
2) Pika U-Air
3) Laser
4) Pika Up-B
5) Kirby D-Air
6) Shine
7) Fox jab
8) grabs (DK's)
9) Falcon U-Air
10) Pika U-Tilt
1X) variety of B-Airs

this list was done during heavy tiredness

Link's <100 getup is mad good

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i said 'by itself'

while it's not completely unfeasible (pick hyrule and hope tornadoes screw around with them, then time out), you won't be winning with only pika up-b

The Star King

Smash Hero
You people are seriously underrating Falcon uair. Best combo move in this game, as well as good shield pressure, good range, good speed, and the tipper uair being really powerful.

I don't think shine is THAT good, aa. Unless you can consistently break shields with them.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Shield pressure?

Very rare that Uair shield pressure matters with falcon.

I mean, it happens, but it's not one of the major considerations for the move IMO.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm talking about shield pressuring platforms above you with uair. Specifically the middle platform
of DL, where you can full hop and uair twice, repeat.

But yeah, the major reason I think it's such a great move is the combos. The other things are the bonus things that make it even better.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm aware of how it's used for shield pressure, thank you >____>

I just didn't think it was a major consideration.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
best set of moves in the game, according to our school resident self-proclaimed ssb64 theory expert:
kirby w/ grabs and ness's pk fire ability. if a good player uses it, it can't be beat, period.

best move vs bcow: pika utilt :troll:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Question! it seems that when kirby has ness' ability, his/her (wtf is a kirby..?) pk fire goes alot farther and faster. am i imagining this?

Top Bottom