• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Wiimote/nunchuck setup?

Nausce

Smash Rookie
NNID
MutantPanda155
3DS FC
0619-3615-5944
I love the gc controller for melee and what little brawl I play, but I've been playing with the gc controller on smash 4 since it's release, and it just feels too awkward now. So, long story short, today I switched to wiimote/nunchuck and I still have to adapt to it, but I like it. Can anyone else that uses it say what their controls are set to to be the most efficient? Right now I'm using default but with the dpad switched up. Down for jump, side for smashes and up for smashes. I use c for grab and z for shield too, I don't know if those are default or not. Thanks in advance, sorry for the long read

Edit: I play Olimar, if that helps customize controls to maximize his efficiency

Last edited:

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
I used to be a wii-mote warrior for the longest. You don't have to worry much about button mappings since you can access any move on the fly and unlike the GCN there aren't any analog buttons you have to think twice about mapping inputs to. Having d-pad down for jump makes me think you use the middle segment of your thumb to press A which doesn't sound all too ergonomic but if it works for you then it's all gravy. Your set up sounds like it'd work well for any character so no worries on that front.

Nausce

Smash Rookie
NNID
MutantPanda155
3DS FC
0619-3615-5944
Thanks a lot, if you had any recommendations to change anything what would they be? I'll try them out and see what I like best

etecoon

Smash Hero
Haven't used wiichuk in this game but this was my control scheme for Brawl

C - Grab
Z - Shield

DPad - Smashes(maybe better off tilts for this game, smashes messes up air momentum now when doing aerials)
A - Attack
B - Jump
A+B - Special(makes out of shield specials easy)
1+2 - special(used if I really wanted to make sure there was no jump)

Only thing that I really disliked about this and felt the controller was limited in was doing instant SHNair. Also found it difficult to map most things to the C button because pressing it can throw off the stick precision, trying to use it for specials for instance it was difficult to do B reversals with great consistency. In my experience the dpad instead of a stick was actually better and made SDI more effective(doesn't exist in this game) and might have been a little better for mashing. Was also easier to do things like Sheik's DACUS with this than a gamecube controller but that's also gone, not sure if the wiichuk has any real advantage now

Top Bottom