• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to kill...

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Ive been watching some videos of Kirby and seeing how he gets a kill, but it is seriously hard for me to get the grab on the stage, and sometimes it gets kinda hard to do those b-air attacks over and over until someone gets thrown out of the side. any advice here?

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
It's true that Kirby doesn't have trouble KOing opponents.

Kirby doesn't really kill with "strong attacks." He kills with edgeguards. I like to knock opponents with the F-tilt and then D-tilt/D-Smash/F-Tilt/Final Cutter to intercept the recovering opponent.

Other than that, Kirbycide!!!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The reason why it's hard to get kills with Kirby is because he has no overwhelmingly powerful attack, no uber combo to rack up damage, and he's both slow and lacks a good projectile to play "campy". That leaves you with the only thing you have left: playing smart.

Use what you know will work.
Learn from your mistakes.
Practice the old and the new.
Persevere.​

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
yea kirby isn't the one that would string together combos with ease or ko easily, you have to play smart and use what works, and eventually he'll die

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Unless you're some kind of 00ber mind predicting person you will know and predict every single attacks. Playing smart, yes, is a part of KOing. You're opponent has to be really good if he'll evetually die. Kirby isn't the worse thing out there though. He is a small little blub running around. He make play a game with his opponents. People over look Kirby. Combo start ups are pretty hard and even combos don't last that long. This doesn't mean he doesn't have the full capability to defeat all his opponents. He just has to play more confusing games, or maybe act dumb. Few great examples of our little pink fellow's games is Final Cutter spamming. Even taunting to lure opponents.

Mind games come in when you're using the down throw. There are 3 possibility. Your opponent techs to the sides, techs right there, and then no techs. I actually down throw quite a few times. After seeing how my opponent reacts to the attack, I can play a game of tech chase. Running forward to hammer or Up Tilt/Downsmash. It's all a huge possibility. This is what makes our little Kirby such a special guy. He's small and fun. His moves are limited but so limited, it's opened and fun. With the moves that you are limited to, use the moves outside of the box. Anyone ever heard of the N-air or the Final Cutter? Kirby's a special guy, with the opened mind we can accomplish anything!

~I was making everthing up as I typed so I hope that makes sense LOL!!!!!!

Praise Timmy! He always gives good advice! :kirby:

Top Bottom