• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to counter a Sheik?

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I want to know how to best counter a good Sheik. RoS4 will begin soon so I have to be prepared 'cause I guess that many will use Sheik just because she's easy to use. The point is that I've virtually never fought any human opponent. I've only played against CPU's. And the character that I've almost never fought is Sheik. (You know, if I turn out to meet a Zelda, she almost never transforms) So I want to know how to counter a Sheik that is good. Oh, and by the way, my main is Sheik. :p AND I use the PAL-version.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
If you are going to go Sheik, just use all of Sheik's strengths like you have benn doing (hopefully). These include chaingrabbing and tilts, dthrow, dair, other combo starter (like all of Sheiks moves :psycho:) into fair (of course). I would suggest using Falco because imho he is good against Sheik. He can laser spam to a very good degree and can do some dair to shine combos on platform stages. Not to mention Sheik cannot do chaingrabbing and other nasty stuff she does to other characters (still a somewhat close match though if the Sheik knows the matchup) So yeahhhh......

Just play your character like normal. Hopefully I helped a little. :(

Andromeda

Smash Lord
If you are going to go Sheik, just use all of Sheik's strengths like you have benn doing (hopefully). These include chaingrabbing and tilts, dthrow, dair, other combo starter (like all of Sheiks moves :psycho:) into fair (of course). I would suggest using Falco because imho he is good against Sheik. He can laser spam to a very good degree and can do some dair to shine combos on platform stages. Not to mention Sheik cannot do chaingrabbing and other nasty stuff she does to other characters (still a somewhat close match though if the Sheik knows the matchup) So yeahhhh......

Just play your character like normal. Hopefully I helped a little. :(
I hope it does. But I'm not certain, because I forgot to mention that I use the PAL-version where Sheiks down-throw differs a bit from the other versions. But I'm sure it still will help me somewhat! ^^

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I hope it does. But I'm not certain, because I forgot to mention that I use the PAL-version where Sheiks down-throw differs a bit from the other versions. But I'm sure it still will help me somewhat! ^^
Oh crud! Forget the chain throwing then, go Falco (should have looked at your location :( ). Go for the SHL camping style that mathos does into dair shine combos. I bet the mathos style camping would annoy the other person enough to jump off the stage.

Did I mention to choose FD for laser camping and FoD/Battlefield/Yoshi's Story for the shine combos? Counterpick to suit your style and good luck. :)

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Oh crud! Forget the chain throwing then, go Falco (should have looked at your location :( ). Go for the SHL camping style that mathos does into dair shine combos. I bet the mathos style camping would annoy the other person enough to jump off the stage.

Did I mention to choose FD for laser camping and FoD/Battlefield/Yoshi's Story for the shine combos? Counterpick to suit your style and good luck. :)
Lucky me that have Falco as second, then! :p

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Falco, Fox do good against sheik. Not a counter, but she does good. If your looking for a counter, go mewtwo

Top Bottom