• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to attack/approach/beat falcon?

A.Hills.Finest

Smash Journeyman
shouldnt be too much of a problem, sheik ***** falcon, needles, downsmash quick tilts --> massive combos, or tilts to chops, and on the edge? Its pretty much no contest, more needles and downsmash what else do ya need? lol

sheik has the upperhand all over the stage just dont get comboed

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
dats my probelm...i know sheik ***** falcon...and i have a very smasrt sheik...but the falcons i play are extremely good...they tech chase perfectly...and have amazing tech skill...so its pretty hard...once i start hitting them it gets pretty easy...but dats the hard part..gettinmy hits in...EVEN wit the needles...since they seem to jump over the needles and aerial me...and they get me into combos too often....peace

-hiroshi

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
dude, u live in FLORIDA. u surely arent playing any good captain falcons down there. you shouldn't be having issues as sheik. just tech chase, grab, tilt, edgeguard. throw falcon off the edge above 30 no reason he should live. ur tilts go through falcons approach. ur needles stop him from dash dancing. ur moves juggle him. unless ur playing dark rain, g-reg, or isai, you should be winning. :p

Banksya

Smash Ace
ftilt *****.

I remember vs zoso I used to dsmash a little too much and he would just sheild and then knee me. thats the only problem vs falcon I can seem to remember. Overall sheik has homo-****-level advantage.

also if you get falcon off the stage and he comes back a lot, you aren't using sheik's advantage to your ... advantage. Work on edgeguarding techniques because falcons recovery is kind of sucky/predictable. not many tricks they can pull with it.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
My biggest problem is getting caught staring at their dash dance approach and smoking crack. Then they mind game me into a grab, which is 0 to death lololololol

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Falcon is easy to take down with shiek. Get your techchase game down and downthrow him till about 40-50% throwing in tilts and comboes when you see the opportunity, then out of a down throw you should be able to squeeze in a forward tilt and maybe a fair afterwards.

Just play around and improvise, CF is a very aeriel character, so run towards him wavedash back as a mindgame to draw his attack, and as soon as he hits the ground, grab him.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yeah i am VERY good at techchasing now...i no longer have problems with falcon..and i have trandferred my techchasing game against foxes and faloc too which helps out SOOOOO much...tech chasing is my favorite way to rack up damage against falco and fox at thi point...and the easiest...peace

-hiroshi

Me14k

Smash Lord
If you have projectiles, dont rush a cpt. Let the cpt. come to you, play defensively, try to take advantage of any mistakes cpt does.

Top Bottom