• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best video game music of nintendo.

D

Deleted member

Stickerbrush Symphony from DKC2, also known as Bramble Blast is my favorite. Second is the Star Wolf theme, and third is Good Egg Galaxy.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
The most famous should be obvious to anyone with a brain. But my favorite is undoubtedly either Kraid's Lair from NES Metroid or the two boss battle themes from Star Fox 64.

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
I think that DCK2 had the best overall soundtrack. Bramble stages, the mines, the theme park, the overworld, all great stuff.

As for SF64, my favorite track is Zoness. It starts out slow, then gets all climatic-like.

The most underrated soundtrack I think is Paper Mario 64. It had HUNDREDS of excellent songs. And I don't think any other game has such a well-assembled collection of music for a certain segment of the game (Chapter 7). All those songs put together was simply chilling, pun intended.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I've always thought Melee had the best music ever, but besides that, Wind Waker's music was pretty good, too. Also agree on DKC2, but the boss theme from DKC3 has always amazed me.

Last but not least, Luigi's Mansion.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Floats Island from the Kirby sieres, I love that song, but Magma Flows from Kirby Air Ride is the best to me.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
How can you ask me to choose the best song? That's practically impossible!

...But one that comes to mind is Lower Norfair (Super Metroid)/Magmoor Caverns (Metroid Prime). Such epic music.
Ooh! Or the Phendrana Drifts (Metroid Prime).
What about Route 22 (Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow)...or the Champion theme from the same games...

See what I mean? I can't choose!! Bah.

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
How can you ask me to choose the best song? That's practically impossible!

...But one that comes to mind is Lower Norfair (Super Metroid)/Magmoor Caverns (Metroid Prime). Such epic music.
Ooh! Or the Phendrana Drifts (Metroid Prime).
What about Route 22 (Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow)...or the Champion theme from the same games...

See what I mean? I can't choose!! Bah.
I know. Nintendo has great music...

500th post.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
That's tough. If third-party developers count... Anything by Nobuo Uematsu(sp). Uematsu did a lot of the Final Fantasy music, which I first heard on Final Fantasy III for the DS.

If only Nintendo counts, then I choose the Yoshi Story theme. It gets in your head SO EASILY.
"Ooo, wa-oo wa-oo.
Ooo, wa-oo wa-ooo.
Oo, wah-o wa-oo, wa-o wa-o
wa-o wa-ooooohhhhh."

GoldfishX

Smash Rookie
F-Zero X, hands down. The Guitar Arrange album for it is incredible. Was disappointed they altered the style completely for GX.

Also a fan of classic Kid Icarus/Metroid (Hip Tanaka FTW!) and the 2D Mario soundtracks (love the original GB ones).

Top Bottom