• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Thing You've Done, That You Can't Pull Off Again?

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
For me, I'm heaps annoyed that I didn't convert my replay into a video, where with Ness, against a level 9 CPU (Lucas), I was off the stage, and did a PK Thunder 2, where I hit side of the stage, however, just on the corner, and after a short pause, he continued flying by and destroyed Lucas. Haven't been able to recreate that, can't even get a similar PK Thunder 2.

Toyamasmash

Smash Cadet
Puff backthrow into sleep to finish a best of three set, it’s hard enough to do it let alone win a set.

rat.jpg

Smash Apprentice
I'm bad at the game but I did take out all of my friend Xavier's squad strike team with one character. Xavier just stays at the game shop and plays fighting games all day so I'm proud of myself

Last edited:

Syprone

Smash Cadet
I didn’t to a good thing, but my opponent did a stupid thing. My opponent (Robin) and I (Chrom) both had 1 stock left. I got knocked off stage and I was a good 1 Chrom height length away from the ledge diagonally. At the last few frames of my attack, Robin decided to edge guard and came down with me. The thing is, I looked away when I saw I wasn’t going to recover, but when I heard the last hit sound effect, I looked over and went hysterical.

Marmotbro

Smash Apprentice
My :ultsnake: vs. quickplay :ultkrool:.

:ultkrool: whiffs a counter and I stick a C4 onto him.

I shield drop a grenade, grab him and d throw, chase in the opposite direction and he chooses the grenade.

Grenade explodes, I detonate the C4, I run over and fair him off the ledge.

I don't think i could recreate that if I tried. It was the rube goldberg play of the century.

I totally meant to do that cough.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
One time I was playing Smash 4 with some friends and I somehow managed to tech against Roy's Neutral-B as Peach two/three times on Peach's Castle N64.

Senator Phillips

Smash Cadet
Played Ole with Wario's motorcycle on the right side of Suzaku Castle, getting him to eliminate himself.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I KO'd a :ultfalcon: with :ultzelda: to start the match without taking any damage at all, finishing him with a dair spike into a fully charged phantom. It was one of those zen moments where EVERYTHING went right, everything hit, and I looked like a god.

Then I forgot to hit "save replay" like a dumb***.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
I know this is specifically in the Ultimate thread, but is it limited to Ultimate?

For Ultimate I was playing :ultinkling: against my friend's :ultfox: and managed this sequence: Dash Attack -> N-Air -> N-Air -> Dash Attack -> Up Tilt -> Up Air.

Since I play Melee, my favorite in my head combo moment as :ultfalcon: is as follows. That being said, I'm a :ultfalco: main but I love me some styling with Falcon.

Last edited:

Syprone

Smash Cadet
I was playing ultimate with random with my friends and somebody got launched to the top. I was playing as Zelda and I teleported as I was cornered by somebody else and wanted to teleport them to death. I missed the teleport but I hit the launcher person whic turned a non lethal blow into my kill.

Nepht

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4207 3323 3722
Beating my Son at Smash. Beat him ONCE in Brawl. Ten years later that still stands as the last time I beat him :I

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
In a 2v2 as Isabelle vs two Marths. My partner dies. I have one stock. Just me and the Marths. I managed to take a stock from each with a beautiful combination of Dash Attacks, Side Specials, Side Smash and all aerials. Unfortunately they each had 2 stocks and as soon as they came back they put me away.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, i summoned the motorcycle and all of sudden i just flew thru the screen in an instant and knocked out the enemy.

Maybe its intented to happen once in a lifetime.

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4, 8 player smash on Mario Maker stage. It's down to the last stock, just me (Jigglypuff) and this kid (Ike). Ike does an UpB which I calmly roll behind, then I Sing him to sleep as he lands. He falls asleep right on top of a donut block and we all watch in glee as his character sinks into oblivion. I win the game.

Last edited:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Smash 4: Was doing a 3v3 of my friends and I versus our best amiibos, was a Ganondorf, Corrin, and Peach. Kept losing the dittos so we tried a different strategy and we went Bowser, Cloud, and Roy. Managed to somehow squeeze them down to their last stocks at the cost of Cloud. Just Roy and me fending off the three amiibos. Roy somehow manages to KO two of them off a single attack (can't remember if it was a counter or a smash attack) so it's just him and I versus Corrin. We manage to get her to the edge, Roy spikes her down from the right-most platform of Big Battlefield. She would be dead for sure, but I was right below him charging up a dropkick, perfectly releasing it just as she falls by, sending her skyrocketing to the blastzone. It looked so painful for her and so satisfying for us. Getting unintentional tag-team KOs is always the highlight of our matches.
Ultimate: This was pretty recent, was fighting a Chrom and I was Bowser again, credit where credit's due that player was pretty good, but had a really nice moment against him where we were on our last stocks, he kept refusing to die, was at like 150% or something, I was still pretty low but this guy just need a solid combo or heck, an opportunistic up b to get rid of me, ran at me at the edge of the stage, used his side b combo. I blocked the first two hits and managed to perfect shield both the 3rd and fourth hits of the combo and managed to follow up with a side b command grab into the KO. When you're still pretty meh at pulling off perfect shields that felt so amazing for me

Top Bottom