• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Song of 09

Frames

DI
linguini

can u not read the top

i said no soulja boy he sux trash rapper what a waste he is dont listen to his music or go see him

edit - whos goin to see him tonight at dj prostyles birthday!? i ammmmmm *****es my boieee

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i've listened through venetian snare's discography a year back. the music can be cool, but alot of it really isn't that great. Theres a difference between being creative and just trying to be random.
i dont have anything against people liking hardcore, rave, gabba, D&B, etc...but the greater majority of it is crap, sadly. You have to look for the gems that are truly musical and artistic.

After going through all his venetian snare's stuff, i was able to fit 'repeatably listenable' tracks on one CD for my personal enjoyment.

aphex twin is too good though, but i haven't lsitened to as much as him as i should.

my favorite band is Infected Mushroom. Been keeping up w/ them since 6 years ago, and i can't wait for their new album.
others i approve: Hallucinogen, Juno Reactor.

i also dig the chiptune/bitpop scene with 8-Bit Weapon and probably better (yet not as famous) Trash80.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Venetian Snares doesn't really sound that random once you realize a lot of his stuff is done in 7/4 time.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
soulja boi and lil wayne are probably related, given the fact that they both have speech impediments.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Venetian Snares doesn't really sound that random once you realize a lot of his stuff is done in 7/4 time.
oh, i completely understand, but i find the difficulty with working in 7/4 time or 3/4 to 4/4 makes it easy to get away with, for lack of a better work, 'noise'.

have you heard his oldest albums? Officially, in the past he's recorded 2 to 3 albums a year! Its just not plausible it can all be high quality- in fact, from my experience, i find alot of it doesn't seem that well refined or "filler" tracks. Regardless, his later 2 albums are def a notch in the right direction.

i dont mean to argue though. I am technically a fan.

i dig the french house scene stuff too.
DaftPunk (lawl...almost too mainstream now)
some of sebastian's stuff
mr.oizo - extremely bizarre yet elementary...good to trip out to
justice - all about melodic fuzzy bass mmm..

AfroQT

Smash Master
Master Raven knows who i like.
Btw i was listening to boards of canada and it sounds nice!

I just got Pale Blue Dot by Benn Jordan to...its not like his other albums (but the same could be said for his other albums lol) its really nice.

Hence

Smash Ace
Soulja Boy's perpetually abiguous success makes me question the sanity of the individuals that choose to purchase his album.
In this 'song' he says, and I quote, "I look down on you."
How does that make you feel?

Master Raven

Smash Master
Well I like noisy stuff lol so feh. I really like French house, and I'd like to get some more of it.

Glad you like Boards of Canada, Afro. They're one of my favorite electronic musicians in general. All their albums are good, though my personal favorite is probably The Campfire Headphase. I'll acquire Pale Blue Dot soon enough. I'm always up for some new Benn Jordan material.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Pretty much any kind of melodic variation within the realm of Psytrance does it for me, although I'm all about melodic music in general. French House, Prog Trance, Metal, classical... hell, even Pop music.

As long as it's not too jarring and noisy, and not too saccharine sweet, I'm down with it.

Soulja Boy's perpetually abiguous success makes me question the sanity of the individuals that choose to purchase his album.
In this 'song' he says, and I quote, "I look down on you."
How does that make you feel?
People who listen to that nonsense take it as a joke. Take that for what you will. I think it's kinda repugnant.

Top Bottom