• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best smash players in Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireKP1

Smash Lord
Look i had this same topic on the Atlantic South by mistake. Sorry about that. So I'm gonna ask again. Are there any good SSBM players in Southern Ontario. Oh and by the way. If you could. Could you tell me your favourite character. Mine is Marth.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
I mean if you're looking for good competition, crossing the border shouldn't be a problem, because Buffalo is pretty much on the Canada/US border(Ontario/New York State).

Death

Smash Lord
YEah, I'm from Toronto. Doubt if i can smash with you though. No time...

Encubed

Smash Cadet
Come to the Con no Baka tourney in November, there's a post in both the Canada thread and the Toronto smahers thread about it.

As my avatar implies, I play Peach.

Also, the University of Toronto at Mississauga has a Games Club whose regulars are pretty **** good Smashers.

Clunky

Smash Cadet
Ok.
Date: October 22nd
Time: Singles- 11:30 am Doubles- 5 30 pm.
Level Select: Random between 5 levels, unless two opponentes agree of a level. The Random levels are Final Destination, Battle Field, Fountain of dreams, Peachs Castle, and Corneria.
Characters: Characters can be switched at any time during the tournament.
Set Up: It is a best of 3 tournament. Once you have lost your individual series you are out.
Pause: Pause is off. There should be no need to pause the game.
Controllers: Bring Your Own Controller. Modified controllers are not permitted. This means no turbo buttons, ect.
Entry fee: Singles 10$. Doubles $20 per team. The prize is 250$ each.
Contact Info: Please email smashbrostournament@gmail.com if your interested. We would like to get a rough amount of people entering before hand.
Upon Arrivial: Upon arrivial you shall pay your entry fee for singles, doubles or both. If you arrive at 11 30 and plan on doing both you can pay at the same time if you wish. Once the Brackets have been made, depending on how many people show up you will be directed to your TV. There will be 4 tv's set up. There will be a manager in charge of the TV, to supervise the match and record the winner.

Directions: If you email us at smashbrostournament@gmail.com we shall give you directions from where you are coming. The offial place has not yet been determined we are deciding on which place would be better suited for this event.

Thanks,
Clunky

NovaWave

Smash Journeyman
I'm from Oshawa. I think London isn't that far away, me and RaynEX could come down there maybe sometime, or maybe you and yur crew cud come up to Toronto or Oshawa. Always looking for new smashers. I play Falco and Marth btw :laugh:

TwistedAvatar

Smash Rookie
Im from Oshawa, Ontario too. Although Im going to school in Cali right now I still come home alot on breaks and stuff. I play mainly fox, but also a little marth and doctor.

cmikeff

Smash Cadet
I'm about an hour North of Toronto, if anyone's interested in a 1 on 1 or small group thing. I'm not really into the tournament thing, although that's a cool mode in SSBM.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well people don't use tournament mode in tournaments >_>.

I'm sure people would play you. Find the toronto threads and mississauga threads somewhere in tournament discussions.

KLSmash

Smash Ace
cmikeff said:
I'm about an hour North of Toronto, if anyone's interested in a 1 on 1 or small group thing. I'm not really into the tournament thing, although that's a cool mode in SSBM.
I'm about 45 minutes Northwest of Toronto. Too bad I'll probably moving down to Waterloo for University. I'm not that great of a player. But I'm the best in my city, so I think that's pretty decent.

cmikeff

Smash Cadet
chesterr01 said:
Well people don't use tournament mode in tournaments >_>.

I'm sure people would play you. Find the toronto threads and mississauga threads somewhere in tournament discussions.

like i said, i don't do tournaments :)

homsar

Smash Ace
I get together with 2 friends almost ever friday to smash. We live in Pickering (next to toronto). I play Samus with a bit of Young Link. Love the long range.

cmikeff

Smash Cadet
homsar said:
I get together with 2 friends almost ever friday to smash. We live in Pickering (next to toronto). I play Samus with a bit of Young Link. Love the long range.
Pickering isn't too far from me... I don't suppose you have your own transportation do you?

homsar

Smash Ace
cmikeff said:
Pickering isn't too far from me... I don't suppose you have your own transportation do you?
No, im only 15, were do you live, me, my sister (19) and maybe too friends (both 15) could find a way to hook up with ya for some 1 on 1's. Maybe we could take public transit...

Edit: Oh, I just saw your post saying you are an hour north of Toronto. Looks like public transit is out.

Dawnbringer

Smash Cadet
I live in north of Scarborough...my transportation: PUBLIC! (*gasp*)
I'm a fox player...but I play every character decently...cept for the obvious bowser/pichu/m2/kirby/DK...rest I can do fine with.

Edit: I've just begun to play smash competitively and is basically a scrub currently...

homsar

Smash Ace
Dawnbringer said:
I live in north of Scarborough...my transportation: PUBLIC! (*gasp*)
I'm a fox player...but I play every character decently...cept for the obvious bowser/pichu/m2/kirby/DK...rest I can do fine with.

Edit: I've just begun to play smash competitively and is basically a scrub currently...
How far north, would it be possible to get together?

ChaosEdge

Smash Cadet
Anyone around the detroit/windsor area? Just started playing smash competatively, and since I can beat all of my friends in it now, they refuse to play with me...I need some non-computer challanges...pm me if you live close by >.>

GAmer1991

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know where Cobourg is? I don't have much competition here, and the fact that I am only 14 and have no transportation just kills my chances of playing anyone..

Philian

Smash Cadet
Me and a couple of friends (Torrent, Vapid Cipher) are in mississauga, any tournies there?

Link/Samus

Smash Cadet
I live in southern ontario in a little place called Brantford. perhaps you've heardof it lol .

Volasko

Smash Ace
Yeah the Ontario smash community is huge. Though the list of really good players is a hard one to figure out. Just from what I have seen first hand it would go to kingsly, metaknight, and of course myself ... lol (not quite). The big problem is that there really inst a way to proving this, as the Trans-Canada tourney got all messed up. It would of been perfect too..... soo many players... perfect way of ranking everyone. *hatred for security gaurds rising at an unsafe rate*

Im just inside Oakville and me and Snow Blind play almost every day. We usually just play some non-smashboards guys, but end up running **** cause they are just learning the advanced techniques. We are always looking for some good competition as we have just started playing competitively. PM myself if your in the area cause i have my own car so its easy for me to meet up and smash.

gambolputty

Smash Apprentice
I live in Thamesville. This metopolis is pop. 1000 and is one hour out of London. I am by no means the best but I do love to samsh.

Also does anybody know of any tournaments (offical or non) in the London or Chatham area?

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
There are Head2head Games tournaments in the London area for SSBM but those have dropped off the popularity charts lately = /

Really the only good players in that area would be me, and I quit a while ago. PM me if you want to travel out to face one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom