• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Secondary for Falco

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
I main Falco. However, I feel I should have a secondary as well for those match ups in which Falco does not do so well. But, I really don't know who to pick.

I like playing as Game and Watch, Marth, Meta Knight, Lucario, Donkey Kong, ROB, and maybe some few others!

Which of the characters mentioned (or not mentioned) would be the best character to secondary for a Falco main?

Thanks.

J4pu

Smash Champion
You don't really need one.
As much as I wish this were true, I don't think it is.

Clevr you should learn to use the search tool, but I believe the most commonly agreed upon character to cover Falco's weaknesses (as well as to be his doubles partner, what are the chances?) was DK.

BEES

Smash Lord
As much as I wish this were true, I don't think it is.

Clevr you should learn to use the search tool, but I believe the most commonly agreed upon character to cover Falco's weaknesses (as well as to be his doubles partner, what are the chances?) was DK.
The prospects for beating Game&Watch won't improve if everyone counterpicks him every time. Man up. Learn to dodge the **** sausage if you have to.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I main Olimar. I've been using Falco lately as a backup though. Falco covers his hard matchups: Rob, Yoshi, Wolf, MK(not any worse than anyone else), Diddy, Kirby, Peach, and Sheik. Olimar has his back on Falco's hard matchups for the most part. Olimar is good against Zelda, TL, Snake, and Pit, and has it even against GaW. He's not too bad against MK either.

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
marth is the best secondary for Falco. He is very deadly against Falco's weaknesses (Zelda, ROB, G&W, Olimar) and is easy to pick-up and learn, im getting bored of MK, so i'm thinking of a switch to marth.

Reptar On Ice

Smash Cadet
I'd say Marth, I use both Falco and Marth (I've been maining Falco more recently) and noticed Marth is a lot more effective against those who are a challenge for marth.

§witch

Smash Lord
Maybe just use who you're most comfortable with...
This.
People who make threads asking who they should main are soooo annoying, who the hell should we know who the are good with/interested in playing as? So what if a character covers falco's weaknesses, if you suck as them, or aren't interested in their playstyle, it won't make a difference.

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
This.
People who make threads asking who they should main are soooo annoying, who the hell should we know who the are good with/interested in playing as? So what if a character covers falco's weaknesses, if you suck as them, or aren't interested in their playstyle, it won't make a difference.
I was simply asking which character covers Falco's bad match ups the best. I play comfortably with many characters, and was seeing which would be more worthwhile to practice with for the times that I face any of Falco's bad match ups. No need to hate. If I'm "soooo annoying," don't read my thread, let it die, and move on.

That being said, the previous thread about secondaries for Falco was never really resolved. Many said DK, Marth, Lucario, etc...

Another reason I was posting this is because I haven't heard of Sethlon or SK92 (the best Falcos currently) using any secondary, and have only seen them using Falco. I'd rather have a second character to face his bad match ups.

Rayo1

Smash Cadet
well falco is an aggressive character so try out pit for a more defensive play style or MK for chasing and gimp (as well as nice recovery).

Top Bottom