• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Roy Players or Matches You've Seen

Fledge

Smash Cadet
I've been scouring the web to study the gameplay styles of different Roy players to learn as much as I can and incorporate their techniques (it's always neat when I see new options I hadn't even considered). So far, my favorites have been StaticManny and Neo for their twitch-impulse movement with extended dash dances and creative uses of aerial B-reverses for spacing/mixups/pressure. In particular Neo's perfect pivot down-tilts look sooo good for safe pressuring, but PP's are so hard for me to get consistently that I can't imagine actually implementing this option without changing to a custom control setup like Bidou or just switching C-stick to attack.

Does anybody have recommendations of great Roy mains to watch or follow? Or favorite matches they've seen/learned from?

Last edited:

Lonky

Smash Rookie
NNID
ThaLegundOfLonk
Ryo has a really good Roy, sometimes he randomly uses him on stream or in some tournaments.
EDIT: Oh yeah, Dexter is also a good Roy.

Last edited:

JCav

Smash Lord
Ryo has a really good Roy, sometimes he randomly uses him on stream or in some tournaments.
EDIT: Oh yeah, Dexter is also a good Roy.
Two things:

1) Nair 1 > d tilt > dash attack O.o

2) Jab > RAR bair, OMG

Last edited:
Top Bottom