• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best recovery?

slowslow325

Smash Rookie
Which character has the best recovery? Meta Knight? Pit? Charizard? Jigglypuff? Kirby? King Dedede? Fox? Falco? Wolf? Or another character?

S623

Smash Apprentice
Snake, ROB, Peach, Ness, and Lucas seem to have the best normal recovery.

Peach=Best Horizontal
Snake, ROB=Best Vertical
Ness, Lucas=Most Versatile

Please don't quote me on this. And please don't get pissed at me about it.

I didn't put Pit on there because once he's been hit while using his Up-B, he can't use it until he lands. Kirby I didn't put on because I thought he was a given. And I don't want to put Jigglypuff in.

As for everyone else... I don't know.

slowslow325

Smash Rookie
If that is true Pit will be my punching bag. NOBODY TAKES AWAY JIGGLYPUFFS SLOT AS BEST

Thino

Smash Master
I think Pit , I've seen many Pit grab the OPPOSITE ledge on Final Destination , Battlefield and Smashville

Joppi

Smash Rookie
Most recoveries in the game are just overkill. Pit can go under the stage if he wants, and so can Meta Knight. It honestly doesn't matter much, since nearly every character in the game has a recovery that will keep them alive for quite a bit.

But, yeah, Pit probably has the best overall recovery. Jiggs and Peach can still go miles horizontally, and Snake can go quite a bit (but he's really easy to interrupt).

:034:

Smash Hero
Meta Knight. Seriously, he can go AROUND New Pork City. I think that answers your question. Besides, Pit's up-b can be gimped easily and doesn't go into a glide like Meta's.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I'd say Meta Knight. Like Flying Dutchman said, he can go around New Pork City and Hyrule Temple. Nobody else can do that.

I haven't seen enough Jigglypuff, but the I have seen indicate the Jigglypuff's recovery is >= Pit's. Pit's may be easier, but Jiggs seem to have the same distance.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
Pit and Zero Suit Samus are the best when it comes to recovery. Peach is still pretty good, but these two have out performed her this time around :)

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Pit has the best recovery in the game (both, horizontal and vertical)

I've built a stage to see how high the characters can recover. The blocks are stacked in different highs. (It doesn't necessarily mean, the recovery of the character is good)

Of course I didn't use Wall Jump or Wall Cling.

13 blocks are the maximum (the stage can't be higher) and only character could get that high. It was Pit. I think he could get even a block higher.

Two characters reached 12 blocks, but only under special cases. Lucas because of "Zap Jump" (activating second jump and PK Fire at the same moment) and Wario using his fully charged Wario Waft.

I won't post the whole list I made, because I'm sure the half list is actually wrong, because I suck at using the recovery of some characters.

Btw, the minimum was 6 blocks, a lot of characters only can recover this six blocks.

Maggirus

Vegeta214

Smash Apprentice
Pit is easily the best at recovering, you need to use it smartly though (so as not to get hit during the up-b).

comboking

Smash Master
pit but if he's attacked in the middle of his up b he can't do it again!

And if he's hit with a strong attack that makes him fly fast it will be hard to time his up+B right!

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
what happens when a stray PKThunderbolt comes flying into Pit? Does he automatically get gimped into instant death? Because that would be hilarious, helpful, and would shift that godly-recovery standard away from him and towards metaknight(whos is already at least as good as pit's if used properly).

wodan46

Smash Cadet
Meta Knight is better at recovering than Pit, primarily because he gets 2 glides instead of 1, ALL of his B specials help his recovery, and unlike Pit, is not screwed if a recovery is disrupted.

I'd like to see a video of Pit going around Hyrule Temple or Pork City, but you won't, because doing so requires 2 glides.

Solid Snake in theory has infinite recovery by using C4 to knock himself upwards and give him his up B again, but this damages him 15% each time he gets those 2 extra jumps. Even so, he deserves an honorable mention.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
I say ROB has best recovery IN COMBINATION with his weight. Pit and Metaknigt may have the best, but because of their lightness, they can easly be smashed out.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight. Seriously, he can go AROUND New Pork City. I think that answers your question. Besides, Pit's up-b can be gimped easily and doesn't go into a glide like Meta's.
going around a stage will definitly help you recover.. pit has 4-5 jumps a glide and he can fly. ****

sxiz

Smash Cadet
Meta has 5 jumps as opposed to Pit's four and has two glides. And he isn't screwed if he gets interrupted, and his glide is faster than Pit's glide and Pit's fly, and if you're too low on the stage to get back you can always go under, which due to the mechanics of gliding will get you as high as Pit's fly when you pull up at a much faster rate since you've been picking up speed, which is safer than Pit's ^B, which is what he uses to get back to the stage from the same spot but is actually a risky move.

Meta >>>>> Pit.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
what happens when a stray PKThunderbolt comes flying into Pit? Does he automatically get gimped into instant death? Because that would be hilarious, helpful, and would shift that godly-recovery standard away from him and towards metaknight(whos is already at least as good as pit's if used properly).
yeah, actually he does get gimped. So PKT is pretty much his mortal enemy (and din's fire to an extent I guess). He'll probably have to rely on his midair jumps and glide against ness/lucas

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
if knocked off of bf or fd and still alive, diddy can make it back to the satge but it isnt the best probably in the top 5 tho

timbers92

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna have to with Bowser on this one. (just joking)

But really, I'd have to go with Pit or Meta Knight.

Azzizaz

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight's is better than Pit's. He has 5 jumps compared to 4. His Up-B can't be gimped and allows him to glide again. And really, if you get knocked back high and far, you could jump once and glide toward the stage and you'd still have 3 jumps + Up B assuming you somehow don't make it back. If you get knocked away and low, you can easily glide under the stage (assuming the stage allows it) and return on the opposite side. Oh, and every single B move can be used for recovery depending on the situation.

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
Am I the only one that thinks, Samus and ZSS' recovery is insane?
Probably, yeah =P

Samus can still bomb-jump, but since so many people have awesome recovery now she doesn't stand out that much. ZSS has a tether recovery that can be edgehogged. I know she has Down B to help as well, but it's certainly not insane.

On topic: Metaknight / Pit / ROB.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
Pit's recovery is fantastic, you just have to be careful how you use it. The beauty of it though is that you can easily circle around a small-sized stage and avoid any edgeguarding attacks that could gimp you over.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
in brawl every char. can get back on the stage without their up b unless they where hit down lmao. its like gravity on the moon.

anyway i saw robs recovery adn it is one beast *** recovery. you got to admit tho theres a lot of other factors such as pit cant fly anymore if hes hit outa his up b, rob has to refual i think snakes is teather and ddd is slow. great recoverys but as everything there is a down side. a down SMASH!!! O.o

iron blade

Smash Ace
What's with all this Pit getting his recovery gimped? Doesn't anyone remember the fact that he has four jumps and can glide just like MK? I think I'll be gliding back in a lot and only using up B as a last resort, because you can glide attack (which packs a punch) to cancel it and then use your jumps. Even so, I've seen Pit players easily outmaneuver other players and avoid being hit while using his up B.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
What's with all this Pit getting his recovery gimped? Doesn't anyone remember the fact that he has four jumps and can glide just like MK? I think I'll be gliding back in a lot and only using up B as a last resort, because you can glide attack (which packs a punch) to cancel it and then use your jumps. Even so, I've seen Pit players easily outmaneuver other players and avoid being hit while using his up B.
Agreed. Pit can glide just like MetaKnight so he is just as good so he doesn't even need to use his Wings of Icarus. I think Kirby is the best though =\.

Top Bottom