• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best possible Zelda partner? 2v2

popsofctown

Smash Champion
This question isn't for theory, but for practice. I'm a firm Zelda fan, but my best friend is indecisive on what character he wants.

I'd like a really good expert opinion on which character would partner best with Zelda. It's almost certainly a combo-char, i think, since Zelda is all finishers and a range move.

Try to consider everything, Zelda's natural enemies, possible partner combos, and the amount of mobbing attacks Zelda has ( Utilt, Fsmash, Din's Fire, but that's it as far as i know. )

When you see this thread, many of you might think "Sheik guard", but unless you have a powerful case, stay away from that. The whole reason many people wish they could transform into Sheik midfight is for damage-increase combos, and having a partner lets you load up on those anyway.

Any help?

Medri

Smash Rookie
Someone like Fox, Wolf, or Lucario.

They all have great combo potential and can assist you with ranged attacks - for those annoying close-range melee characters like meta-knight.

Fox and Wolf will give you both a reflector and Wolf / Lucario have some great survivability in terms of weight.

Fox is your best bet for wracking up fast damage, then you can move in for the KO. But he can die faster than you.

Lucario is very defensive and hard to kill, plus the more he gets hurt the more damage he'll do. Great toon for "tanking" damage for you.

Wolf is another decent tank, easier to kill than Lucario but can pull out some good combos and heavy damage. Nice anti-range and a good pushback / spammable range skill. He also has some great taunts =p

Additionally, if you ever use smash balls then the space animals are your ticket. Hard to beat landmasters.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
What about Zelda?
Double din's fire can be dangerous! One din's fire is dangerous enough, but now you have two.

TheLake

Smash Master
Peach or shiek would be awsome. Have on player be shiek then the other be zelda and alternate. I dont know how effective it would be but it would look freakin awsome. Peach has always been a good partner for zelda. ROB might be interesting too...

Girl power ya'll.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Well, TheLake, I do think Sheik would be a good partner for Zelda. However, my friend is a dude and he's too immature to ever play a girl character. *sighs*.
Except in melee, though, he played Pikachu. Then I realized that pikachu had the option of wearing a hat that looks like Ash's from the tv series, which means it is modeled after Ash's pikachu, which means it is probably also a female. And i made fun of him for a while.

Anyway, I have him on Falco right now. There's the logic listed above. Also i realized that if I had a partner without reflection or bucket, that would somewhat nullify the advantages of having Nayru's love. For instance, if i partnered with a meta knight, when a samus charges up she can just unload her shots on my partner meta knight instead of me since he has no reflection.
Falco also generates lots of hitstun, and I'm hoping we can work out some hitstun->lightning kick combos.

I've nicknamed Falco's reflector "Slippy's Love" :D . He also has a fire move and a wind-ish move, but i'm not sure what possessive's to put in front of those. Any help?

Top Bottom