• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best PM Samus Player?

Cup Noodles

Smash Cadet
So, ESAM kicked my ass today and he didn't even use Samus once. He used Fox and pressed BUTTONS!

Litt

Samus
I know how. Barbie is worst samus. ever. needs at least a $50 MM against at least a top 32 at Apex, and recorded. ;)

Is that how you do it?
#DrunkPizzacatoAtYoutService
Here is the joke on you... PM wont be at apex xDDD bigger joke is on me though because I wont get a free 50 bucks.

Litt

Samus
So, ESAM kicked my *** today and he didn't even use Samus once. He used Fox and pressed BUTTONS!
I think you are in the wrong fourm, this is not the suck ESAMS **** when he destroys you place to post, its a samus forum, and since he didnt even use samus, you are beyond in the wrong place, go make a player specfic thread in general discussion should you care to bring this convo of riding on further with other fans.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Kaysick you really dont know what you are talking about there, zair is a huge commitment against falcon in neutral all he has to do is shield it and he gets a free freaking knee in your face, as for up smash... good players can sdi out of it... and then you get a free freaking knee in your face.... no you cant just chain up smash with fast fallers... good players can sdi out of them.... also grab to dthrow to fsmash also does not work at all at almost any % if the opponent just... DIs... :O.... what actually is helpful in this match up is to just roll away in morphball form, into random dash attacks and CC dsmash everything falcon does to you
Why would I have put my personal experiences against players like HomeMadeWaffles, FrootLoop, Rat, etc. if it wasn't true? Zair is a huge commitment but you really think a player is going to instantly shield it when they have never seen you Zair before? At that point I can just "roll away in morphball" or CC just like you said. They are able to SDI out of it I have never gotten a "free freaking knee" to my face from any Falcon I've faced against. I've literally up smash chained against players, good or not. You make it sound like I have no experience playing as Samus.

Litt

Samus
Why would I have put my personal experiences against players like HomeMadeWaffles, FrootLoop, Rat, etc. if it wasn't true? Zair is a huge commitment but you really think a player is going to instantly shield it when they have never seen you Zair before? At that point I can just "roll away in morphball" or CC just like you said. They are able to SDI out of it I have never gotten a "free freaking knee" to my face from any Falcon I've faced against. I've literally up smash chained against players, good or not. You make it sound like I have no experience playing as Samus.
From your perspective of the falcon MU it certainly sounds like you have no experience against any solid falcon, and kid I took on FrootLoop at apex in PM (first time I ever touched the game) and I nearly beat him (he also plays Pit so Idk why you are bringing his name into this regarding a falcon MU discussion or HMW for that matter, and it was my impression Rat played wolf). Im not saying you dont know samus, but from what you were saying in that MU its clear you havent played or won against any top level falcons.

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
Frootloop plays Falco in both Melee and PM . . . Falcon is a tough matchup for the same reasons as in Melee, but we've got better tools to combat him. Crawl makes nair approaches difficult for Falcon, and our Upsmash is absolutely murderous against the good captain. Of course, he is still capable of comboing Samus into a knee, which really hurts us pretty bad. He's still super easy to edgeguard, and our OoS options are even better in PM than they were in Melee. Overall, I'd say it's, at most, 60/40 for Falcon, and more realistically, 55/45.

Kaysick is a great player all around, and he's got a lot of knowledge on this game. Just because you disagree with some of the things he says or mentions, doesn't mean they're outright wrong. I have absolutely been able to juggle Scythe, Rat, and 5-1 as wolf with multiple upsmashes, and they're high caliber wolf players. Just because you CAN SDI upsmash, doesn't always mean they'll be on top of it. I know that I need to SDI wolf's nair in, but I don't react properly all the time, it happens to the best of us.

RolexPachinko

Smash Rookie
That was also my second match of the day after driving for over 2 hours and I undeniably played like trash. As the day when on I did much better, placing ninth in a game I hardly play. :'(

There are a few videos of my Ness on youtube, although I don't really think they are an indicator of my skill.
FTR, I have wins over G$, Animal, Rolex, Gallo, Stereo Kidd, Narq, Seagull Joe, DVD, Codi, John Numbers among others.

Edit: And once again, judging my PM credentials based on a melee video is not accurate.

I disagree that Ike is a bad MU for Samus. It doesn't mean that you guys are wrong. It's just a different opinion. Next time I see DJ I'll play his Ike. He's a least decent, right?
You have also only taken 1 game from my snake ever....never won a set. phrase your bragging better next time PLEASE

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
To be fair, there's a HUGE difference from taking a game and taking a set. Should you be proud that you could take a game off of such talented players? Sure, that's an understandable feeling to have. But the difference between taking a game and taking the set is adaptation. If the reason you've taken a game from them is because it was their first time playing against you, or they had cold hands, or whatever, and then they warm up or adapt quickly, they still outplayed you.

It's unfair to say that you're at the same caliber as those players when you've got outlying data that references "that one time" or whatever. Consistency is what proves a player.

Litt

Samus
Frootloop plays Falco in both Melee and PM . . . Falcon is a tough matchup for the same reasons as in Melee, but we've got better tools to combat him. Crawl makes nair approaches difficult for Falcon, and our Upsmash is absolutely murderous against the good captain. Of course, he is still capable of comboing Samus into a knee, which really hurts us pretty bad. He's still super easy to edgeguard, and our OoS options are even better in PM than they were in Melee. Overall, I'd say it's, at most, 60/40 for Falcon, and more realistically, 55/45.

Kaysick is a great player all around, and he's got a lot of knowledge on this game. Just because you disagree with some of the things he says or mentions, doesn't mean they're outright wrong. I have absolutely been able to juggle Scythe, Rat, and 5-1 as wolf with multiple upsmashes, and they're high caliber wolf players. Just because you CAN SDI upsmash, doesn't always mean they'll be on top of it. I know that I need to SDI wolf's nair in, but I don't react properly all the time, it happens to the best of us.
Just because you can SDI it doesnt mean they will be on top of it... DUHHH thats the best way to beat scrubby ass falcons... but to talk about it, as the guidelines for a Match Up is just wrong because it is not a representation of the true MU, with players do everything they can to escape combos and being successful at it. Of course it may work, but it is NOT THE MATCH UP, if it does not work 100% of the time, its like saying down throw to fair is the match for sheik in PM... because with regular DI... you dont get hit by it anymore... YOU WILL CERTAINLY CATCH PEOPLE SLEEPING AND NOT DIing A FAIR AMOUNT OF THE TIME.... but by saying you can chain upsmashes and that is the MU is not true in the least, because if the player is proficient at the MU they wont get caught by that... AND THEN YOU WILL GET A ****ING KNEE IN YOUR FACE. Im not arguing about what is possible, im arguing what can't be argued, which is the MU plain and simple given perfect knowledge and application

Last edited:

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
From your perspective of the falcon MU it certainly sounds like you have no experience against any solid falcon, and kid I took on FrootLoop at apex in PM (first time I ever touched the game) and I nearly beat him (he also plays Pit so Idk why you are bringing his name into this regarding a falcon MU discussion or HMW for that matter, and it was my impression Rat played wolf). Im not saying you dont know samus, but from what you were saying in that MU its clear you havent played or won against any top level falcons.
I haven't been able to win against top level Falcons but I'm getting better at the MU. I was mainly mentioning those names because they play fast fallers and up smash chains do work. While it might not happen all the time, it's still an option to consider. There's one really good Falcon from Melee that played friendlies in PM with me at TBH4 but the name escapes me.

Last edited:

Boiko

:drshrug:
To be fair, there's a HUGE difference from taking a game and taking a set. Should you be proud that you could take a game off of such talented players? Sure, that's an understandable feeling to have. But the difference between taking a game and taking the set is adaptation. If the reason you've taken a game from them is because it was their first time playing against you, or they had cold hands, or whatever, and then they warm up or adapt quickly, they still outplayed you.

It's unfair to say that you're at the same caliber as those players when you've got outlying data that references "that one time" or whatever. Consistency is what proves a player.
Well, of course.
And this is super off topic so I'm not really going to continue, but let's just say I know my chops.

Litt

Samus
I haven't been able to win against top level Falcons but I'm getting better at the MU. I was mainly mentioning those names because they play fast fallers and up smash chains do work. While it might not happen all the time, it's still an option to consider. There's one really good Falcon from Melee that played friendlies in PM with me at TBH4 but the name escapes me.
I havent been able to win against top level falcons... hmm maybe there is a reason for that and you are not approaching the matchup correctly and were giving not optimal advice :/ :/ :/

Top Bottom