• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Mii class?

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
Seeng as I really want to try out the Miis, I'm finding it really disconcerting that the only class most streamers enjoy playing is the Brawler.

Can anybody vouch for what makes all three classes good? And what Mii builds are fun?

Valdens

Smash Ace
Personal testing makes me seem to think it goes:

1. Brawler
2. Swordfighter
3. Gunner

Gunner's sort of awkward... and Brawler moves really fast and kills super early. I think Brawler Mii might be one of the better characters.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I think Gunner might have an advantage at least right now, because the early metagame is very camping-based, and not only does gunner have some of the best projectile options in the game, there's also access to the Reflector AND the PSI Magnet to deal with any other campers.

The metagame might evolve in the future, though. Here's hoping.

Bralef

Smash Cadet
I, too, am biased toward the Brawler. Fast, powerful, and so, so satisfying.

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
Brawler has custom moves and hit boxes that I actually like. I can't believe how many times the Mii Swordsman would miss even though I clearly hit the person (this in single player as well) and the Gunner just feels unsatisfying to play, like a weaker Samus.

Eji1700

Smash Apprentice
Flavor wise, that's an opinion thing. Objectively you're all insane. Swordsman is by far the worst. Not unplayable, but certainly has the largest flaws and lacks anything interesting to make up for it.

Brawler has- amazing kill potential, good combo's, great gimp options.

Gunner has- one of the best projectile games in the game with the best set of normals out of the 3 mii's.

Swordsman has- maybe a surprisingly decent projectile game...and that's about it. Your normals are just ok, with a lot of "eh" options, and your specials have a ton of flaws.

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
The Mii Sword fighter is basically garbage. Despite more and not as laggy projectiles as the Brawler, they're weak and awkward to use and control. Brawler and Gunner can both wall jump and Brawler has an easier to hit Meteor Smash, as well as several recovery options (Feint Jump, Burning Dropkick) that make him very good at recovery.

Helicopter Kick is basically the best recovery move too. Axe Kick SD's if you miss the ledge, and Piston Punch is basically just Little Mac's.

Last edited:

Comorant

Smash Cadet
Brawler is really just fantastic all around. A couple of good recovery options, is able to flow between moves nicely, able to deal damage fast, and able to KO within the 60-80% Range. He has access to a couple of good recovery options, and as far as the whole size and weight element of Miis, he's pretty flexible and can run both middle and larger builds fantastically. He's pretty easily the best of the Mii Fighters and all around good.

Gunner has a fantastic projectile game and some decent close range options as well. Gunners get a pretty solid recovery as well as some fantastic special options overall. He also easily has the most viable customs of any character in the game, getting options like Missiles, PK Fire, Charge Shots, Bombs, Grenades, and Reflectors making the character pretty flexible.

Swordfighter just feels straight up clunky overall. He's got a few interesting specials and a couple of viable projectiles, while having a couple of nice tools in the Counter and Mario Cape, but his recovery is a tad lackluster, and all of his A attacks are just laggy and weaker versions of moves from other Sword characters.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
The Mii Brawler is definitely my favourite, at the very least, but in these early stages I can see the Mii Gunner taking the top spot due to the range on most of their attacks, and as Comorant says, the flexibility of the character is stunning.

The Brawler has a very user friendly set of moves, I think, being the core character that would ultimately lend to the theme of the game. I can't quite get over the ending lag on the forward smash, however, the long amount of time the pose takes to reset as if the character had mysteriously broken their arm after such an attempted strike, but landing it is a different story, becoming as satisfying as landing a falcon punch. All the moves lend to the fighter's arsenal well, and while the character certainly lacks projectiles, it has the capabilities to not 'need' them either, and even as user friendly as they are, they don't lose the satisfaction of playing them either.

I will have to disagree with Capt. Tin about one point, though, as I feel the Helicopter Kick certainly lacks recovery capabilities. The move itself loses vertical movement when used in the air, somewhat, but does gain horizontal movement instead even if it isn't all that much. I wouldn't recommend it for recovery, but it certainly does well for damage.

The Mii Gunner does have the best functionality in my opinion, with that range and the damage behind it being a significant threat, but the character does feel kind of boring to play for me, as if that advantage isn't intense enough to make the fight enjoyable. I guess I'm not one for projectiles, for the most part.

I haven't played much of the Mii Swordfighter, but I can certainly see the issue many are having with them. They are slow and often miss their attacks, with a lacking recovery and sometimes bizarre hit boxes. I can see recovery potential in Airborne Assault, and Super Slash Dash is essentially Fox's up-special with shorter range.

Top Bottom