• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best mario stage?

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
i like battlefield a lot for the easy Uair combos while someone is on a platform.
what do u guys think?

IceAge

Smash Cadet
Final Destination against character with no projectiles is really great. Little room to move around the unsuspecting spam of fireballs.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Something else that hasn't been said yet is Isle Delfino because you can stall your death with the cape, however the idea never seems to come to me while I'm playing. Also on the part with the pillars that come out through the water, you can shoot fire balls to bounce off the walls in the pit and I've never seen someone get out of it. :laugh:

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
Definitely delfino plaza, Mushroomy Kingdom is not very good... jk... no but seriously, Yoshi's Island is good

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Mario's got it good on pretty much everystage since he's so balanced. Really he doesn't have too great of advantages or disadvantages for himself on stages, so if you want to counterpick, counter pick against the oppenent and choose a stage that's bad for them.

I personally go Pictochat or Jungle Japes depending on who I'm playing against

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
BattleField is probably hand's down his best level on Neutral select...There are some levels that are usually on counterpick that I believe are also good levels for Mario such as Fridget Opheon(Don't judge me...I love weird counterpicks and it's not that bad a level)

Edit: I would go Pictochat...but FL is very anti anything that causes damage

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
but wouldn't frigate kinda suck on the first part before it flips? considering that theres no edge on the right side

Kidlat

Smash Apprentice
Mario is good on any stage so I always keep the opponent in mind (ie. I'm not plating Smashville against Snake)

Top Bottom