• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best infinite cg for heavies?

lain

Smash Master
I'm trying to figure out what's easiest against the heavy characters, since dthrow->bthrow is occasionally unreliable, and spiking some heavies (i.e. ROB) will not kill them.

Hobbling is okay I guess, but I don't like doing them lol

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I find alt. F-throws the easiest. Most heavyweight characters are kind of big, so they are easy to target when doing F-throws. Also, since they don't fly as far as lightweights when thrown, you can do the F-throw chain for longer (mixed in with possible B-throws to extend it more), perhaps up to the point where a Nana-spike is feasible (even if they don't die outright, edgeguarding is an obvious followup).

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Fthrows, I always love to CG Bowser, it's way too fun to CG them and just spike him off the stage. =D

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Dthrow repeat to the edge usually works for me. I try to avoid bthrows with Popo, because I hate the timing. Feels way too slow and awkward. I'll only use a bthrow if they're at low percentages at one edge, and I need to turn them around. Even then I don't like doing it.

Dthrows or fthrows for me.
...or hobbling.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I don't think bthrow is unreliable at all. If you can't get the timing with popo to nana you might want to try nana bthrow to popo catching the character. If you can get that down then you can pivot grab the bthrow by nana and then fthrow back to nana very quickly.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I find DASHED b-throws to DASHED f-throws or d-throws easy. If Nana doesn't dash when she b-throws, I'd do another b-throw...

Sometimes doing alt f-throws messes me up on heavies online... because Nana might suddenly do a dash f-throw by accident after my regular f-throw from Popo.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yes, When I bthrow heavies, Nana usually dashes away, so then I Fthrow and Popo grabs, then I repeat. :)

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
It really depends on the heavy. I find snake easy to CG with dthrows and difficult to CG with fthrows, while others it doesn't really matter.
If you need to change directions, try a dthrow>footstool>IB>Popo pivot regrab. Doing just footstools across the stage isn't a bad idea either, as their easy to do, you can turn around, and you have time for a nana smash in between throws (wait until she's almost done with the smash, then start the dthrow with popo).
I don't find bthrows to be too reliable here, but it's probably because I've extensively practiced the timing for them on light characters.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I think I got an easy-hard way to chain throw heavies now. it's kind of hard to do it though since... well, er... it's hard online and the timing goes off... but it racks up damage fast plus it looks flashy IMO.

"Non-Moving Ice Climber Fast F-throw Alt Throw"

I know it's a bad name but the italics give you the idea though; I'll explain that CG applies that:
Description: This CG is similar to the "fast b-throw to f-throw" when you f-throw fast. So, this is just an f-throw alt throw.. BUT... you will have to do it fast enough to flick the control stick forwarc and Nana and Popo shouldn't move when alt throwing with this and it's very hard to pull off; but you actually, you can make them move a bit if you want, it's just that I wanted them to.. not move when doing this CG and I wanted this to be like Dedede doing a standing CG. ._.;

Did I mention it only works on fatties/heavies? It might only work with Donkey Kong, Bowser, and Dedede. Except that, it can't work with R.O.B though, the ICs' grab range/their hands are too short to reach R.O.B...
Maybe it can work with other characters that the ICs can reach their grab within the other characters, but Nana and Popo will move a bit from the f-throw when doing so.

Eh, just.. telling. ^^;

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Fthrow is definitly the best way to go. When you want to turn around try bthrow to footstool iceblock get-up.

Also, it's raining and I left my car window open.

lain

Smash Master
Lol. I guess I should have specific best infinite cg on heavies. I got dthrow dthrow down pat ahah

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
Fthrow is definitly the best way to go. When you want to turn around try bthrow to footstool iceblock get-up.

Also, it's raining and I left my car window open.

lol this sounds like ownage is about to happen...

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Bthrow is amazing if you can get used to it.. I can still only do it a few times in a row before I mess up so I usually do a few Bthrows and go into Fthrow till I get to the edge.
By then they are usually at a good enough percentage for a no throw spike. Too many people know how to DI out of the Dthrow spike now :p
I find Bowser to be the easiest though, and Fthrows are always my favorite. I stink at Dthrow chains minus the low percentage Dthrow Fair... so I resort to Fthrow or Bthrow anyways.

Aishi

Smash Rookie
I do running pivot Fthrows sometimes when Nana is grabbing and I'm free with Popo. After the grab I use Nana to Fsmash and hit with the tip of the beginning downward swing of the hammer while gliding back to Popo. Then I Fthrow to Nana and repeat again. The only time I use Popo to pass the enemy to Nana is Bthrow, and even then I still can't do it 100%. I pivot most of my grabs because I'm only worried about the missed grabs because I alt. CG with enough speed.

:I

Top Bottom