• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best ICs stages?

LobotomyPop :^)

You fricked up, mister.
What would you say the best stages for ICs are?
I know that Final Dest used to be basically /the/ Ice Climbers stage, but at this point it's a lot more evened. So how would the stages be listed from best to worst in today's meta?

Also sorry if this question has already been asked somewhere in this subforum, but I can't find it for jack ****, so if it has already been answered, I'd very much appreciate a link to it.
Thanks. :^)

Last edited:

ilysm

sleepy
I dunno, I think that FD is still /the/ Icies stage if you're a wobbler. It eliminates the issue of platforms and it doesn't matter where you grab them on the stage because it will always lead to a kill. But if you don't wobble (or hate FD), Yoshi's and FoD tend to be nice because you have less of a distance to carry them to a ledge for a handoff off of any given grab. Plus, wavedashing can threaten a much larger portion of the stage if it's smaller.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I don't like fd in most relevant matchups. I think sheik is the only character I really still take there.
I have a lot of reasons, but I'll sum it up to "it has too much ground room and I like platforms"
But generally I don't think it's ever our worst stage either.

I'm usually a huge fan of small stages (yoshi's/FoD) because of how easy it is to push people into the corner and control the lower platform heights, but stadium is also solid in matchups where more ground room benefits ICs (peach/puff).

I think IC stages generally vary from mu to mu though so it's hard to give then a "best" stage.

Cervidae

Smash Apprentice
I'm not too much of a fan of Battlefield anymore against most relevant characters. The top platform is way to high up and can easily be used to abuse the Climbers (especially Fox and a little bit of Sheik). I'm also not a huge fan of Yoshi's anymore, but that's mostly just personal bias since I seem to lose on that stage quite a bit...

Really the only stages I'd gladly go to in most MUs are FoD and PS, but DL is growing on me now. I mostly just go FD against Falcos and Sheiks and maybe Puff sometimes, but everyone is still so convinced that FD is ICs best stage so I rarely get to play there anymore in tournament.

Jesus!

Smash Cadet
it really depends on the MU and how they play. if they like to camp me, i avoid battlefield/dreamland at all costs. however, i love dreamland vs somewhat aggressive opponents. i also like yoshis/fod against sheik, falcon, jiggs, peach, etc, but i will ban yoshis if i have to play spacies or marth, and will ban fod vs marth.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I used to really love yoshi's/FoD against peach/puff, but recently I've been a much bigger fan of having ground room against them and abusing that they are much slower at covering large distances quickly.
Whereas on small stages they are able to be all over me.

Similarly I used to be all about taking aggressive spacies to dreamland, but a lot of spacies now change how they play depending on the stage, and I find the super platform campy spacies a little harder to deal with than the super aggressive ones, so I mostly stick to yoshi's/FoD/stadium, but I always tend to go a little back and forth on this one.

Top Bottom