• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Fox out there?

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Nah, i don't think so. That falco wasn't the best, he ate alot of things from the the fox player that he shouldn't. He took almost every Dair and Nair and what followed them, missed plenty of openings for a Chain grab and had a few mistakes while recovering. Although i understand why no dbl lasers came from him cus of fox's reflecter... but he should of attempted some.

And the fact the fox lost to the falco provided those bad points is kinda funny. Alot of things both of them could've done, but did not.

clowsui

Smash Legend
their spacing was decent in that video and they've managed to take it to a new speed, which means they've already mastered the physics (something we haven't really done here in the states)

Anther for best Fox, though.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Point me out to someone better with vids XD
lol, Bombsoldier is no where near top level. Sethlon is top Falco; Bombsoldier just happens to be famous.

clowsui

Smash Legend
The reason he's famous was because he was the most fluid Falco anyone had ever seen in Melee; he was utilizing every technique in Falco's arsenal, even if they had been discovered (i.e. LHDL, which had been discovered by our esteemed Forward) and successfully putting pressure on top level players such as Ken, Jing and CJ. However, he was quickly surpassed - PC Chris in '06 (JGT was in 05) at NYC, Dallas and Anaheim proved that he was better :p

In Brawl, I've seen his vids and I've compared them to Sethlon's - BS is only above average+ his opponents weren't fantastic either. Not only that but there's nothing to show that he's placed in any large tournaments whereas Sethlon has continually scored 2nd place. Moreover, Sethlon's laser pressure, use of Falco's moveset and ...(ugh prepare for the disgusting term) mindgames... are better than BSoldier's - perhaps not by much but nonetheless enough to show that he's better.

Also, Zentore v. BSoldier would end up in the latter winning. Now Anther v. Zentore Fox ditto...would be exciting.

Nael

Smash Rookie
The reason he's famous was because he was the most fluid Falco anyone had ever seen in Melee; he was utilizing every technique in Falco's arsenal, even if they had been discovered (i.e. LHDL, which had been discovered by our esteemed Forward) and successfully putting pressure on top level players such as Ken, Jing and CJ. However, he was quickly surpassed - PC Chris in '06 (JGT was in 05) at NYC, Dallas and Anaheim proved that he was better :p

In Brawl, I've seen his vids and I've compared them to Sethlon's - BS is not that great + his opponents weren't fantastic either. Not only that but there's nothing to show that he's placed in any large tournaments whereas Sethlon has continually scored 2nd place. Moreover, Sethlon's laser pressure, use of Falco's moveset and ...(ugh prepare for the disgusting term) mindgames... are better than BSoldier's.

can you direct me to some of Sethlon's vids ?

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman

In Brawl, I've seen his vids and I've compared them to Sethlon's - BS is only above average+ his opponents weren't fantastic either. Not only that but there's nothing to show that he's placed in any large tournaments whereas Sethlon has continually scored 2nd place. Moreover, Sethlon's laser pressure, use of Falco's moveset and ...(ugh prepare for the disgusting term) mindgames... are better than BSoldier's - perhaps not by much but nonetheless enough to show that he's better.

Also, Zentore v. BSoldier would end up in the latter winning. Now Anther v. Zentore Fox ditto...would be exciting.
>.> Y anther vs Zentore? The guy picks up fox and he's already got fangirls after him?

Personally i pefer his Pika over his fox. Much more enjoyable to watch.

Plus alot of his opponents that he plays hasn't figured out they can Shield his follow ups after his airs. As well as Up-B through most of fox's approaches also.

When Anther's opponents figure this out well see how long he'll stick to fox.

BACK TO PIKACHU D:

<3 Anthers :D

clowsui

Smash Legend
Haha, people are just looking for some exciting Fox matches and the best Fox I've seen so far is Anther, so logically....Anther's not that great of a Fox though, but hey! Like I said, best one I've seen so far, if you would provide evidence to the contrary that'd be nice.

If Anther makes Fox his definite secondary it's sure to get more tournament experience so naturally he'll get better. Plus he has all of you fools in the Fox forum (Falco forum is made of fools too, don't worry; just being friendly here) to help him out, amirite?

His Pika is definitely better than his Fox, it was beast in Melee (Pound 3 anyone?) and it's still beast in Brawl.

PS: fanboy kthx

clowsui

Smash Legend
did you ever notice that Hylian is a much better player than Coral or Kite? Not only that but Hylian is playing a classic (and even stronger this time around) counter to Falco - Icies, and a new Falco counter - GW. Diddy Kong and Lucario have 5:5 matchups at best, Lucario maybe 55:45 in his favor and Diddy with a 4:6 in Falco's favor.

EDIT: I'm not saying that BSoldier is bad, just saying he doesn't deserve as much hype as he gets. At this point, I've become so sick of it as a Falco main that I wish Soldier of Fortune was never f*cking released.

Nael

Smash Rookie
did you ever notice that Hylian is a much better player than Coral or Kite? Not only that but Hylian is playing a classic (and even stronger this time around) counter to Falco - Icies, and a new Falco counter - GW. Diddy Kong and Lucario have 5:5 matchups at best, Lucario maybe 55:45 in his favor and Diddy with a 4:6 in Falco's favor.

EDIT: I'm not saying that BSoldier is bad, just saying he doesn't deserve as much hype as he gets. At this point, I've become so sick of it as a Falco main that I was Soldier of Fortune was never f*cking released.
did you mean to say you "wish" soldier of fortune was never released .... one might mistake that as you saying that you WERE soldier of fortune lol

orintemple

Smash Lord
That guy is definetely not the best Fox ever. I am not going to say that I am better or worse than him without playing him obviously, but he is not. The best Fox ever would recovery more intelligently. He kept illusioning onto the stage where Falco would proceed to smash him. He should be sweet spotting the ledge when Falco isn't near. That Falco wasn't that hot either, he was just OK. He didn't laser pressure(or even laser. period.) much at all. The reason that Fox looks like he is really good is because he moves very fluidly, but there is a lot more to the game than knowing your landing lag frames.

Also, I think people are obsessed with Anther becuase he is "famous" and decided to play Fox so people are all like "ZOMG ANTHER NO WAI!!" It is similar to if you were making a film and then some kind of famous actor like Taye Diggs asked to be in your film. Although as somewhat of a film maker that would be more exciting than who plays Fox to me...

Anther is a godly Pikachu, but come on people...

pingu

Smash Rookie
I just saw this beastly Japanese fox on youtube.
He's definitely the best. The link's in the Brawl videos section.

Edit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEm-rQHRtvQ
see? He's playing a reallly good Falco too, not some noob.

\Edit2 - LOL the thread is about this guy! Wow, I'm such an idiot. But yeah, he's the best.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
I just saw this beastly Japanese fox on youtube.
He's definitely the best. The link's in the Brawl videos section.

Edit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEm-rQHRtvQ
see? He's playing a reallly good Falco too, not some noob.

\Edit2 - LOL the thread is about this guy! Wow, I'm such an idiot. But yeah, he's the best.
Actaully the falco Sethlon is really good player. There's a video Hylian recently put up from a recent tourney between Seth and Hylian in the finals.

Came down to 15 matches 3:2 2:3 3:2 Hylian win the finals. Basically 50/50. And hylian isnt bad either (arguebly best IC's i think it was).

So Zentore isn't terrible. But i still don't believe Zentore is at any rate the best fox.

And Orin Ez on the im better then so and so. May come back and bite you in the *** for that comment.

orintemple

Smash Lord
And Orin Ez on the im better then so and so. May come back and bite you in the *** for that comment.
Did you read my post? I said I am NOT GOING TO SAY I AM BETTER OR WORSE THAN HIM SINCE I HAVEN'T PLAYED HIM.

I never assume I am better than someone without playing them. I'm not THAT much of a prick. Even on the internet.

Z-Brawler

Smash Rookie
Still Fox did get worse by a little in Brawl. They should've gave more decent smashes and airs.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Yeah, because Fox's usmash, fsmash, dair, nair, uair, etc are total crap. He may not be as good as he was in melee, but he doesn't need better smashes and airs.
True. Better attacks is the last thing he needs. He has way more pressing issues than his attacks. His attacks are his strong point, besides his speed. Its everything else that needs some tuning.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
True. Better attacks is the last thing he needs. He has way more pressing issues than his attacks. His attacks are his strong point, besides his speed. Its everything else that needs some tuning.
Hey, if we improved his weak points then what would he be? That's right, he would be Snake. Broken as hell (I kid). But yeah. It seems like his range can be somewhat small for a few of his moves, and his recovery is still god awful. It's only made worse by Final Destination's new edges. God I hate those edges...

brg

Smash Ace
what is the fox doing at 38 seconds, he is jumping and gliding towards falco
what is that? the ''craqwalk''?

edddddie

Smash Cadet
i can't figure it out
itl ooks like craqwalk but he's moving faster
it seeems like just a normal waveland

Top Bottom