• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Final Destination Theme?

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
So we got a tiny snipit of FD's theme in some gameplay and I really like this FD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUJe6Y5N-Ys

Still I want to share my thoughts on the various FD themes and ask what the general consensus was for which one is the best.

Smash 64: Strictly a boss theme. You do not get to actually here this in a match but I figured I would mention it anyway. Has a nice beat to it, and never drops the momentum of the song. I give this one the "best FD theme for combo videos/montages" award.

Melee: Tense as HELL! Still mainly a boss theme, but works well in competitive matches, especially if I am up against someone who I think is better than me. It feels really epic, and like you are standing up to something bigger than you. I give this one the "best FD theme for a competitive upset" award.

Brawl: Epic. No other word really does this justice. The intro always gets me hyped for the match, and when I hear this song I always think of two evenly matched rivals exchanging blows. It even has a nice peaceful interlude as well. I give this one the "best FD theme for standard 1 v 1" award.

Sm4ash: Kinda cluttered, and the only FD theme I am actively not a fan of. Not really even a fan of the version 2 of the song. Still, it works much better for more chaotic, less intense matches. So I with hesitance give it the "best FD theme for free for alls" award.

Ultimate: Climatic. I know we really do not have the full song yet, but what I hear in this song is a culmination of the feelings from all the previous FD themes. I am REALLY happy with this one, and for me it is the only FD theme that can challenge Brawl. That said, I feel like it would get old after a ton of matches. So I give it the "best FD theme for grand finals" award.

Brawl is certainly my favorite, but Ultimate could usurp that once I hear the full song. What does the rest of the community think? I really want to know why people like each theme.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
After listening to Ultimate's version, I still think Brawl's is the best. Ultimate's isn't dramatic and lacks tension, but that could just be from the video.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Gonna say Brawl still.
Ultimate's got way too much downtime.

Though I will say Ultimate's the best Final Destination STAGE by far. I'm not a fan of thin slices of land as stages.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Brawl still has the best one, main theme just works so good when remixed for FD.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I would've mentioned Master Hand's BGM from Smash 3DS / Wii U, if that was an option.

Anyway, Brawl's Final Destination theme probably sounded the best when compared to the Final Destination themes from Melee and Smash 3DS / Wii U.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I'll have to listen to it in HD to make a decision, but right now the new FD theme seems to be on the heels of Brawl's....

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If only Melee Menu Version 2 was an option...cause that’s the best one

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
If only Melee Menu Version 2 was an option...cause that’s the best one
There is no reason that cannot be the best one. I was just mentioning the ones that came to my head immediately. That goes to anyone, if you have a final destination theme that is not on this list, please mention it!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There is no reason that cannot be the best one. I was just mentioning the ones that came to my head immediately. That goes to anyone, if you have a final destination theme that is not on this list, please mention it!
Oh...well that’s great, cause that remix is definitely my no.1 choice, followed by Brawl’s and Ultimate’s version of FD

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Melee's by far. Still the most unique and I wish I knew who composed and arranged it. Apparently Hirokazu Ando composed and arranged Final destination in Melee.

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
You're forgetting a few that were in Final Destinations in the past. Alternate themes. Boss themes. Other themes that played on occasion.

Giga Bowser
Multi Man Melee 2
Credits Smash 64, Brawl Remix
Opening Melee, Brawl Remix
Menu Melee, V2
Smash 4 Final Destination V2
Smash 4 Master Hand

If they all count, then I have to retract what I said earlier and claim the fourth one on that long list is my favorite.

Last edited:

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Best Music: Brawl
Best Visuals: Melee or Ultimate

I really want all the previous FD music tracks come back. It'd be nice to hear the SSB64 original again. I also liked Brawl's Boss Battle 2 AKA Vs. Tabuu.

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
Brawl's theme is objectively the best, but my favorite is Melee's Final Destination theme. I just get fond memories of Event 51 with Giga Bowser, Mewtwo and Ganondorf and beating them after so many tries.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
This is probably the most beautiful Final Destination stage, but the music being a soft version of the main theme makes the music not better than Brawl and 4 to me.
With the possibility of play Brawl's theme on this new FD, I dont have a problem with it.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Pretty much going with everyone her and say Brawl’s Final Destination them is boss.

Too early for me to judge on Ultimate’s theme.

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
So update, we got the first half of the FD theme in a World of Light gameplay video, and it seems to cut off right where the Pokemon Trainer V Isabelle video starts. AND DAMN this one has a really intense start! I really love how it goes from sinister to motivational over the course of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRQlnvKDIPE

The song is at 3:20!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm still waiting for a full rip of the new Battlefield BGM, without any kind of sound interference. But right now, the only Smash Ultimate BGM uploads are either old remixes, or original BGM tracks from past games.

Top Bottom