• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL Best/Favorite Primary Spirits

InfiniteRE

Smash Cadet
I was wondering what the best spirits were in terms of power, stats, slots and combination of the three. So far I have yet to find more power level than with Galeem and Darkhon, or support slots greater than 3.
So what is everyone's favorite spirit they like to use the most?
What is the best spirit on your roster?

My favorite and probably the best spirit on my team is Soma Cruz.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
My best is Queen Elincia and she's my favorite too. I often use her with Ike because of shipping. :p

I also got Resolute Keldeo since he's my favorite Pokemon!

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I find it extremely disappointing that Dragonite is merely Advanced...

InfiniteRE

Smash Cadet
I find it extremely disappointing that Dragonite is merely Advanced...
That is true, along with some other pokemon. However i found it cool that I got a kyurem and zekrom spirit and used them to summon black kyurem, unfortunately it was only a 3 star

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
you gotta wonder what system they used to decide spirit ranks cause it cant be based on character's power cause they dont fit
If it was based on power levels, there's no freaking way Smoky Progg would be a Novice.

Last edited:

BigMac1304

Smash Apprentice
I got Shadow and then leveled him up to Super Shadow (Legend). Other than that, I have no other Legends. Too hard for me to get.
Mega Groudon is not in the game.
When you level up Groudon enough, he turns into Mega Groudon.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I meant Primal Groudon I didn't know
It’s alright. It’s a simple understandable mistake. Primal Groudon & Primal Kyogre are pretty much Mega Evolutions just under a fancier title.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
It’s alright. It’s a simple understandable mistake. Primal Groudon & Primal Kyogre are pretty much Mega Evolutions just under a fancier title.
Primal Reversion is different because if a Pokemon is capable of doing it in a battle then it will do so as soon as it is send out while Mega Evolution is optional even if a Pokemon is capable of doing it and cannot be done as soon as the Pokemon is send out before the next turn. In addition only one Pokemon may Mega Evolve per trainer per battle while Primal Reversion is unlimited.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Metal Face is one of the best Spirits in the game easy. He's a Legend Primary Attack Spirit with a large amount of power and also grants you the Metal and Giant transformations at the start of the battle. He also still has two support slots. Normally I would use two support slots on Great Zapfish for the Giant effect, but I don't need to with Metal Face and can use the slots on other things.

You can obtain him by getting a Mumkhar Spirit and evolving it. I can't recall if he can be found in the World of Light board or not though.

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
What ChikoLad said. Metal + Giant + Transformation duration makes 90% of the fights trivial with a big hitter like DK.

Metal Face enhanced from Mumkar or Medusa enhanced from Medusa can both get you a red slotter.

Petey Piranha enhanced from muncher can get you green.

The enhance from Snake & Frog (Prince something) will get you a blue.

If you're not worried about duration you can do giant and metal on any 3 slot with moon/catfish and Fiona? (Xenoblade character). Fiona is early in story mode, catfish is late. Moon shows up as a summon when you get Majoras Mask from the shops (4k not on sale).

abx

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid & Majora's Mask - Legendary Grappler with a healing effect when dealing damage. Nice!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Any legendary spirit with 3 slots is a good primary. I mainly used Link and favored the NES loZ Link spirit that granted sword attack up. It was neutral so I didn't have to change for the grab>shield>attack> strategy.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Still looking for a main Attack and Grab spirit, but for Shield I go with:

Sirius (Weapon Attack)
** Ashley (FS meter)/Azura (Melee/Movement Speed)/Mythra (12% Critical Hit
* Victini (Attack Boost/Hyper Smash Attacks)/Any Weapon Attack support spirit

Helps that I mainly use Lucina and Chrom in WoL/Spirit Board.

Still working on spirit teams for my other mains/chars I want to main (Inkling, Lucario, Yoshi, Captain Falcon)

R O F L

Smash Ace
I really like King Boo's floaty jumps plus Peppy's air style. Thankfully, I can recreate this with any better Legendary spirit with at least one support slot.

I always use lower spirit power though, so I don't really have a single spirit I've used more than others.

JoshuaAloha

Smash Rookie
Full Armor X. Legend grab primary with one slot but also has Super Armor. Combine that with something like Hyper Smash while using Ganon.

Metal Face is one of the best Spirits in the game easy. He's a Legend Primary Attack Spirit with a large amount of power and also grants you the Metal and Giant transformations at the start of the battle. He also still has two support slots. Normally I would use two support slots on Great Zapfish for the Giant effect, but I don't need to with Metal Face and can use the slots on other things.

You can obtain him by getting a Mumkhar Spirit and evolving it. I can't recall if he can be found in the World of Light board or not though.
Does he have two slots or was that changed recently?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Full Armor X. Legend grab primary with one slot but also has Super Armor. Combine that with something like Hyper Smash while using Ganon.

Does he have two slots or was that changed recently?
My mistake on that last post, it's just one slot. Still great though.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
you gotta wonder what system they used to decide spirit ranks cause it cant be based on character's power cause they dont fit
For Pokemon it's probably catch rate and rarity. Hence why Primal Groudon is 3 star, but Victini is 4 star. If something has a catch rate of 3 in Pokemon it's typically an ace or legendary spirit, with the only exception being Metagross.

Anyway my favorites so far are probably Geno and Rodin the Infinite One, but I'm only at the start of World of Dark so that opinion could change.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
For Pokemon it's probably catch rate and rarity. Hence why Primal Groudon is 3 star, but Victini is 4 star. If something has a catch rate of 3 in Pokemon it's typically an ace or legendary spirit, with the only exception being Metagross.
nah its much more likely they made it up as they went

Top Bottom