• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Excuses

Arkengate

Smash Journeyman
For getting off work!
I want to hear what people have said/heard for people to get a night off work, lol..

I know my Gma has died atleast 4 or 5 times, and my cousin has been in the hospital a few times (she actually did flip her car 2 years ago and is still crippled from it, but i have used it as recently as a month ago, haha...)

Car stuck in snow, is another good one i have used.

What about you guys?

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
I usually just cross out my name on the schedule. They assume a manager did it and don't ask any questions. For extra protection I can just write "won't be here" or "sick" underneath it.

Yeah, they're idiots.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Sounds like a nice setup you got there, Tiff. As for me, I've never really tried to make things up to get out of working :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
To get off work it's just I'm usually sick...but I remeber this one time in highschool...LMAO

I had to hand in an 1000 word essay (which I didn't do) right?

so like, right during class, I drew this funny little picture of these shakespear characters...I handed it in instead, and was like

"Miss, a picture is worth a 1000 words " =P

:p by the way, I learned it doesn't work...so don't try it :p

Shazz

Smash Journeyman
I only skip it when I'm sick, although my definition of sick is not really copied from the dictionary.

Doubt

Smash Rookie
Just say you're sick. Usually works. Just make sure you have an answer for "Aw, what's wrong?" etc.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I've never been questioned when I missed work. Of course at every job I was always considered the "hard worker" so they assumed me not being there was either really really bad or something.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Post excuses you have actually used and stories how you used them. Don't post excuses if you never had a job, ie last 4 people who posted.

Sugoi

Smash Apprentice
I honestly explain the reason I cant make it(family passing or plans, actually sick, ect) or if I am just want the day off to mess around I tell them I'm sick, simple.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
If you have braces, "orthodontist appointments" works wonders.
Those also work if you don't have braces, you could always say you need to go there for a check-up.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Driving family to surgery always seems good to me. I always hated using family deaths, because I would feel awful if it really happened, like it was my fault or something.

With sick, I usually go strep throat, or sinus infection. Strep throat is only if you need to miss at least 3-4 days. Sinus infection 1-2.

I'm actually going to have to use an excuse to go to a tournament this Monday, do you guys have a suggestion, something out of the norm, but believable? Or at least something that I haven't used before.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Church every mondays. For the one tourny I went to I said I went to my dad's for the day. They always question me like they care though. Say you have a dentist appointment that you completely forgot about, they just called you yesterday and it was scheduled awhile in advanced.

Top Bottom