• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Duo in Team battles.

Droogaon

Smash Rookie
There was a match where a pikachu and game and watch destroyed the other team in less than 30 seconds.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
There was a match where a pikachu and game and watch destroyed the other team in less than 30 seconds.
Try 17 seconds.

That combo is basically impossible to do anything. They have a 1 hit kill move that has no wind-up and no set up needed like in previous games. It also breaks shield and lingers.

I would say try sticking next to Pikachu to force G&W to kill Pika too, but even that will not be helpful if he still kills you.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Try 17 seconds.

That combo is basically impossible to do anything. They have a 1 hit kill move that has no wind-up and no set up needed like in previous games. It also breaks shield and lingers.

I would say try sticking next to Pikachu to force G&W to kill Pika too, but even that will not be helpful if he still kills you.
Tell me about this combo, Raykz. Also, let's play Smash 3DS!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Tell me about this combo, Raykz. Also, let's play Smash 3DS!

I'll be home in 30 mins if you're still up.

Just use Pikachu's thunder. You can bucket any part of the thunder and get 3 stacks. Bucket will break any shield, linger enough so that you can't spot dodge it and it will 1 hit KO. All you can do is either space it or roll past it, but then Pikachu can just thunder again and then G&W has the 1 hit KO again.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
Can I be the first to say I never knew what that Down B until now XD Well G&W is Op X'D
EDIT: Is it safe to assume this may be patched by the Wii U's release ?
No team battles are made to have team damage off.

I think :4pacman:and :4littlemac:will be good because Pacman can let Little Mac use his trampoline to recover.

andimidna

Smash Master
1. :4pikachu::4gaw:
2. :rosalina::4lucario:
3. :4bowser::4lucario:
Basically, pika and G&W are the best but any combination of Rosalina,
Bowser, Duck Hunt Duo, and Lucario will be strong too. Also, other solid character like Sheik, ZSS, and Greninja will be great here too. And Villager will be much more useful in teams than in 1v1

keninblack

Smash Cadet
:4sheik::rosalina:
:4lucario::rosalina:
:4greninja::rosalina:
:4sheik::4sheik:
:4littlemac::4metaknight:
:4littlemac::4peach:

All of these teams are what I've been messing with and they all give pretty good results.

Someone Not Garbage/Rosalina or Sheik is automatically an above average team.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
:4shulk:&:4kirby:

I haven't tried it yet, but Kirby gets all 5 Monado form changes which could lead to some amazing playing styles for Kirby based upon the match-ups.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
I know this is not smart, but I like to do teams that can lead to stupid Ginyu force like chants.
Team mate- "FALCON"
Me- "DORF!"
Together- "UNITE!"
.... So :4falcon::4ganondorf: I guess.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
:4bowser: and:4duckhunt:

Projectiles, teamwork potential, Power, and Speed.

What more do you need?

WaffleCone

Smash Rookie
Try 17 seconds.

I wouldnt go as far as to say its impossible to beat. If you saw the rest of the tourney, (KTAR 10) you would know that the combo was actually defeated by Nakat and Vex in the grand finals.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I wouldnt go as far as to say its impossible to beat. If you saw the rest of the tourney, (KTAR 10) you would know that the combo was actually defeated by Nakat and Vex in the grand finals.
I looked up the games and didn't find any video. On the results post on smashboards it looks like Nakat and Vex weren't even on the same time. Nakat did win the tournament, but it was with someone else. Did one of those teams use G&W + Pika?

Thor

Smash Champion
Double Meta Knight.

Whoops thread is in the wrong forum. I change my answer. Pikachu and Game and Watch.

Try 17 seconds.

The hilarious part is that the other team was also G&W+Pikachu.

I think a temporary ban is acceptable (like, a year or so), but I don't like an immediate permanent ban because there may be answers developed to this team long-term. Just my thoughts on the topic (OR make GnW use an altered down+b, since I believe one of his versions makes his bucket much less strong, so that this is not as much of an issue - then you just have to ban the move, not the team).

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
From the brief time I played the team battles on for glory, I found my Marth to be a pretty good team up with Ike. We shut down several other teams.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Luma greatly benefits nearly every character so anyone with Rosalina.

Sheik is Sheik, so anyone with Sheik.

Villager's tree can OHKO if pocketed by another Villager (or if reflected at him and he pockets it) so I'd imagine he's a great teammate too. Not to mention the tree's overall usefulness.

Last edited:

PND

Smash Champion
has nobody suggested :4jigglypuff::4littlemac:?
god of the ground, goddess of the air
Came in to talk about this matchup. I've had a ton of success with it so far. Jiggs can save Mac, this team can wrack up damage insanely quick, and the kill power is unreal. Jiggs can rest across the stage, Mac can dash over, jab, and dash back in almost no time at all.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
:4shulk: And :4villager:
Me and my friend destroyed another pretty good team 10/10 times with this amazing combo. In played Shulk and got in close while he set up his tree and fired gyroids and his slingshot from a distance.
shulks vision is also amazing. I KOd both players on the other team when they were at about 70-80 % each when on of them tried to hit me with Pits fully charged F-smash and the other guy (peach) was also nearby when I countered. (Was in smash mode)
It's just a really good team.

Top Bottom