• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best counter aginst Sheik besides ICs

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i main falco and i hate fighting sheik. i dunno i'm just bad at the match-up overall becuase my fox gets sheik ***** as well. i guess it is kidna stage dependant. but i think sheik/falco is closer and sheik/fox is more in fox's favor.

max32090

Smash Ace
falco n fox do good against sheik just becuase its difficult to combo them. id say besides them and ic's doc is your best bet

cablepuff

Smash Ace
k here it is.

Sheik tier list matchup.

Falco fox (top)
Ice climber (high)
falcon (upper).
doc, mario (middle)
peach, marth (low)
everyone else bottom.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
k here it is.

Sheik tier list matchup.

Falco fox (top)
Ice climber (high)
falcon (upper).
doc, mario (middle)
peach, marth (low)
everyone else bottom.
This is very true!
Sheik has VERY little on Fox/Falco
Ice climbers pwn Sheik!

I also like how you put Marth in there, cause on certain stages he PWNS Sheik!

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
ICs, Falco, Fox, Doc, Mario. It's much easier to come across very good Fox / Falcos, so for the most part that's all Sheik has to worry about. I suggest getting a secondary just for ICs (Luigi's a fun one) just because while Sheik, playing the matchup to perfection, does have a fighting chance, you'll get ***** a ton while you figure it out + it's no fun whatsoever to camp all day and have a small margin for error.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I suggest getting a secondary just for ICs (Luigi's a fun one) just because while Sheik, playing the matchup to perfection, does have a fighting chance, you'll get ***** a ton while you figure it out + it's no fun whatsoever to camp all day and have a small margin for error.
Now you see how everyone else feels you dirty Sheik main! :mad:

It makes me proud to see ICs counter Sheik. Now if only the same could be said about Ness or GaW. >_<

Doc counters Sheik? How? Is it just because he can chain grab her?

Cuno56

Smash Apprentice
To my knowledge, Doc has a lot against Sheik. CGs, uair/utilt combos -> fair, edgehog -> standup -> bthrow/fsmash, caping (obviously), ....just a lot of stuff on sheik. I go doc every once in a while against sheik, but I mainly stay fox since it's easier for me than going doc.

cablepuff

Smash Ace
hardly anyone post reasons

But let me clarify what i mean.

doc and Mario do not counter sheik, sheik still has upper hand just that I think they don't get **** as much by sheik as say peach does.

Reasons.
Chain grab, Cape edge guard, tilt combos, dash attack->up or back air, they can up air combo a jumping sheik if shes not careful (go under her on platform).

Mario does better for two simple reasons.
1.) His forward smash !!! (angle and after down throw).
2.) He has way better recovery options. Doc like needs recover rehabilitation.
3.) Doc and mario's down smash are made to deal with sheik's down smash. Its just is.

hhliveson

Smash Cadet
sorry to say it, but there are no counters to sheik whatsoever. just because you cant CG fox or ICs doesnt make it a counter. yes, ICs can block needles, but sheik still has aerials. if you get in between lasers, falco's game can become weak.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
sorry to say it, but there are no counters to sheik whatsoever. just because you cant CG fox or ICs doesnt make it a counter. yes, ICs can block needles, but sheik still has aerials. if you get in between lasers, falco's game can become weak.
:laugh: lol :laugh:

And that kids, is how you build a dog house!

Redragon

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Sheik does not **** Peach. It again has to do with a small margin for error -- Peach has ridiculous priority and with proper spacing is quite tough for Sheik.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
It really depends on stage / how players think during the match / and playstyle... I use sheik alot against my friend who uses falco, he mains falco and my sheik 2 stocks him alot even though he is around my skill level. My advice is don't rely completely on tiers / matchups , but to find what works for you.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I like playing Sheik against Ice Climbers. Keeps me on my toes.
Besides getting grabbed and anally ***** with frozen mallets, I'd say Sheik counters ICs... just don't get grabbed. After the grab comes the anal ****. Maybe some of you are into that stuff, but I am not. No sir.

Top Bottom