• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best character to train meta knight with?

Space-knight

Smash Cadet
What do you guys think is the best character to train him with? I have found that the best character to train Samus with is R.O.B. (in my opinion) Maybe I should switch between characters. Right now I am thinking Lucas. I am just trying to find a character who has moves that are strong against Meta knight.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Fighting against one character will not really make you better, except at that matchup. Each matchup is different, so you should practise vs them all. The only common thing (save the exceptions) you can learn are mindgames or general basics of your own character. If you want to be better at the Lucas matchup, practise against good Lucases. If you want to be better at the Fox matchup, practise against good Foxes.

And I hope you don't mean CPUs.

Space-knight

Smash Cadet
Well yeah I meant CPUs. I can't always play with my friends yah know. So when I can't, I practice. But yeah I guess you are right, I should just practice with lots of different characters.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Play as many people and as many characters as possible. Offline. Make sure they're good.

13th Nightmare

Smash Cadet
Play as many battles as you can against different characters, rather than just against one certain character. If you can play against real people then that would be a bonus. But if not, what I like to do is put the CPU level to 9, make sure items are off and play a 3 stock match on Final Destination. While it's not as good as playing against a real person, it's a decent enough stop gap

Space-knight

Smash Cadet
Play as many battles as you can against different characters, rather than just against one certain character. If you can play against real people then that would be a bonus. But if not, what I like to do is put the CPU level to 9, make sure items are off and play a 3 stock match on Final Destination. While it's not as good as playing against a real person, it's a decent enough stop gap
Sounds good but don't I want items on? Wont I be playing with them when I do a tournament or when I am playing my friends?

V

Smash Ace
You can't get better playing CPU's. You HAVE to fight real people in order to get better because CPU's don't fight anywhere close to humans do. I would say first thing to do is go to training mode and practice spacing your moves against a stationary opponent. Once you feel you have the spacing down, practice spacing with the CPU set to "jump" and "walk". Then after that, just practice warm up type stuff. Just run around basically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGcPUyndlu0

This is a video of training exercises for Marth. Come up for something similar for your character. The objective here is to get command of your character. That is the most important thing for any player with any character is to have command of them. You need to know exactly what you are doing at any given moment and understand why you are doing it.

You can't get good without great spacing and command of your character. After that, what will determine if you progress or hit a plateau is how smart you play. M2K has amazing spacing, but he wouldn't win if that's the only thing he has going for him.

Remember: Smash = Spacing + Command + Smart Play

Top Bottom