• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best character to fit play style

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
misconception: a great falcon is not meant to be played aggressively

fox, falco, sheik, marth, peach, are your best bets. basically tier whoring is the only way to safely be aggressive.

Edg

Smash Cadet
I am confused about your comments...
"I play an extremly agressive play style"
"I just cant seem to break the habit "
"what are good ways to break this habit? "
Almost all characters require agressive tactics, and being agressive is the core part of putting pressure on your opponent and executing long combos. Being agressive is not really something you want to stop doing... and as the above posters said... falco is definately a good choice. Fox is also agressive but much harder to learn. Most high tiered chars (shiek, falco, etc) are going to be played well aggressively. Also characters like marth and falcon are forced to play aggressively because they have no projectile. The only other perspective of being "extremely agressive" would be doing stupid stuff and SDing yourself.. witch really isnt something most characters can do. Jiggs has a good recovery ^^

pdk

Smash Lord
make some play videos so we can get a better idea, even if it's just fighting a lv9

anyway, CF, sheik and maybe mario

Return_to_Sender

Smash Cadet
i'd say fox cuz all you do is (u,d,f,b)-air shine upsmash
and if far away lazor them

but yeah falco is also a good choice SHL!!!!

or peach hit that yellow stick down like all the time lol

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
misconception: a great falcon is not meant to be played aggressively

fox, falco, sheik, marth, peach, are your best bets. basically tier whoring is the only way to safely be aggressive.
I have been playing falcon for like six months now, he's meant to be played aggressively, i'm sure there are ways to play more control but really its more shuffle like mad and punish them

pdk

Smash Lord
thing about characters like falcon, though, is that they always have to be on their toes when approaching someone since they don't have anything like falco's laser

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
thing about characters like falcon, though, is that they always have to be on their toes when approaching someone since they don't have anything like falco's laser
See? This is why I like Falco :p Knowing you have the best projectile in the game, as well as the shine, on your side is reasuring.

As for an aggressive playstyle, you don't want to break that habbit. You may want to soften it, depending on how aggressive you acualy play. You should know when to back off and, say, laser camp if you're Fox, and make your opponent come to you.

For example, Fox vs Jiggs, Fox wants to use his laser to make Jiggs approach him, since Jigg's approach is slow and cumbsy, while Fox can handle approaches very well with his speed. In that case, you should know to play defensive.

Meh, the best way to explain it would be to say you need to know when you want to be aggressive, and when you DO chose to be aggressive, you need to play with that style instinctivly. Vice-versa applies for a defensive playstyle of course.

As for a good character for you, I'd suggest you try the space animals (that's Fox or Falco) or Marth. They take a while longer then other characters to learn, but they are really fun to play. If you don't want to use them, try Falcon or Shiek. Their a little easier on the learning curves.

Ixninjax

Smash Journeyman
The only character i think is truly capable of being played purely aggressively is falco. He has all the necessary tools for it: shl to keep the enemy under control, shine to prevent shield grabbing, and an effective combo setup. Everybody else requires much more precision with spacing and can't be played purely aggressively. If you insist on playing purely aggressively ( which I don't recommend), just remember that you MUST actively think. DO NOT rely purely on technical skill and aggression as it will be your downfall. You must think about where he will tech so you can punish, if he will roll as you approach so you can punish, and so on. Being aggressive is not about random shffling, it's about limiting your opponents options and taking advantage of a common move made when your on the defensive( rolling and spot-dodging for example). Doing this will make you smart and aggressive.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
^ Basically what I would've said.

Good for learning to not be aggressive: Captain Falcon
Good for being aggressive: Falco

Andromeda

Smash Lord
If I use Shiek, what style should I have? I see myself as the defending one that strike by surprise. Would it be good to be Shiek then?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Sheik seems to be more a controlling character so it seems ok to me, just make sure that your using tilts and chain grabs to control the match and your all set :)... oh and NEEDLE SPAM

Topide

Smash Cadet
Play as Bowser, and when you side b someone, shout "I'M THE JUGGERNAUT B*TCH!!".

Wrath`

Smash Master
Did anyone forget gannon for agression?

if you want to break the agression habit play as kirby because he takes patients to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom