• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Best Capture Card for Wii/ Wii U Streaming?

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
Hm. And HD60 is pretty stickler to using it's own software to record, right?
I've checked, and it does have the ability to record commentary through an audio input on your computer. Now, whether that audio can be exported individually from the game audio for additional editing, that I don't know.

KitBallard

Smash Rookie
That's a pretty good reply actually. While, yes, it'd be nice to have Dual layered audio, it just means I need to do a more thorough Audio check to get the balance. Main concern was commentary + game audio and you've answered it ^_^ Thank you for taking the time to answer ^_^ Being on a data capped internet makes it pretty tough to pull all the info I need quickly and this thread helped in more way then one.

Last edited:

DKGrayson

Smash Cadet
NNID
tauelf
Sorry to bump an old topic, but has anyone had issue with the game capture HD?

Mine takes a while to connect in the software, then is on for a couple of seconds and just flicks off and either says no signal or whatever, and then connects for a few seconds again after a minute or so.

Longest I've had it on is a few minutes on the smash character select screen. Once I thought it was stable I selected a character and it was like that was the thing which caused it to switch off again; very annoying!

I tried all of the tips on the elgato website plus some extra:

- reinstalling the drivers
- reinstalling the elgato software
- unplugging everything, resetting etc
- removing the hardware listing in windows device manager completely, and plugging it back in for windows 10 to install the drivers automatically
- replaced all the cables, including the USB cable and tried all USB ports on the laptop

Nothing worked so far, the only thing I thought it may be is that the USB port isn't giving enough power to the capture card (kind of fits in with when I loaded a match and it had something more intensive to do, then it gave up the ghost)

Any help appreciated!

Top Bottom