• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Buy Demo Discussion - What do you think of Wii Fit Trainer in Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
This thread is to discuss your thoughts on Wii Fit Trainer from the playable demo at Best Buy. Please visit the other characters boards to discuss different characters.

---

With the playable demos on Wednesday, June 11 and Saturday, June 14, smashers who couldn't attend e3 will have the chance to experience Super Smash Brothers for the Wii U hands on for the first time.

- For information, Click here.
- To find a location near you, Click here.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So, I will likely NOT be able to make it to a Best Buy demo, unfortunately. But I did comb through the battles at the invitational and a couple extras at E3, and I'll share what I found:

Before that, though, I need to make a statement about damage calculations.
There seems to be a sort of Rising % on target > Lowers an attack's damage" in this game. As I've noticed many attacks doing different damage (By 1%) at different %s even if both times it's fresh. So I'll be putting an asterisk before attack %s I believe may be 1% more or so at 0%.

^ EDIT: Screw that stuff above. IDK what's going on with the damage working in this game. It's just weird. > , >

NOTE: All things here are subject to change.

EDIT: Added more!

Jabs:
* First one does 3%. Her back leg seems to have a hit-box too!
* Second hit does 3%.
* third hit does *3%, and on grounded opponents seems to cause a pitfall effect.

Dash Attack:
* Does 6/7%. Kinda puny... And no, I don't think this is the "late hit-box". I think it ONLY does 6%.

Ftilt:
* Both the front and back hits do 9%.
* The move appears to have some sort of actual KB.

Dtilt:
* I saw it hit at a really weird angle of 110 degrees. I'm wondering if this was a glitch, or the primary angle...

Utilt:
* Hits at a 90 degree angle. Hits somewhat in front of her too.

Fsmash:
* Did 16%.

Dsmash:
* After being charged for almost a second, the front side (her arm) did 14%. So I'm guessing it really does around 11-13%.

Usmash:
* The top of her arms (her hands) did 19% and hit straight up. (IDK if more than her hands do this much though.)

NAir:
- It turns out, that another more was discovered to be her UAir, not the arm/leg upward whip. So I guess then that that movement is NAir. > , >
* There are two placements of hit on this move. The part where her arms and legs are straight sideways, and the part when they're both above her.
The part where her arms and legs are horizontal does 5%, and the part where both are upwards does 10%.

FAir:
- So yeah, that 45/225 degree arm/leg move WAS her FAir...
* The front side hit (her arm) does 10/11% and hits at an angle around 45 degrees.
* (NEW) The backside of the attack does the same damage, but IT HITS AT A 225 DEGREE SPIKE!!! YES! YES! YES! This is exactly what I wanted.

BAir:
* The move seems to be made of an initial and late hit-boxes. The initial hit-box does 14% and the late one does 7%.

DAir:
* The move is made up of two different primary hit-boxes. Her arms and her feet.
Hitting with her feet causes a very powerful meteor that does *15%. Hitting with her arms (and around) causes the opponent to fly straight forward relative to WFT at a decent speed. This hit-box does *8%.

UAir:
- This move is actually NOT the arm/leg upward whip like many of us though, but instead a different move where she holds her hands together and whips them above herself in a small arc. The rest of her body looks awkwardly stiff throughout the move.
* The move does 10/11%, and hits upwards and forwards. (Around 75 degrees.)

Sun Salutation (Neutral Special):
* A med-high charged shot did *16% and nearly KO'ed Marth off the top of a tall stage at 129%. So it looks very powerful.
* A fully charged shot did 19%.

Soccer Ball (Side Special):
* The Soccer Ball does 9/10%
* If her head connects with an opponent while she spiking the soccer ball, they are spiked downwards very hard and take 16%. I was REALLY hoping this was something that would be part of the move. :D

Hula Hoops (Up Special):
* One hula hoop hit seems to do 5%.
* This move can Auto-Snap ledge. And thank goodness it can.
* (NEW) I'm pretty sure i caught that; hitting someone at the very start of the move does a higher KB hit. Neat, OoS-like style hopefully...

Deep Breathing (Down Special):
* During the invitational, it lasted DURING 2 MOVES! (FAir, and Hula hoops.) but it only lasted around 5 seconds.
Does this mean it's a timer based move? I wonder...
* The move seems to last until you're hit!

Grab:
* Very fast, but it looks like it has trouble connecting, especially on short characters, even at close range. This worries me...
* Pummel does 3%

Fthrow:
* It does 10/11% in two hits.
* It seems to have okay KB, but not KO friendly.

Bthrow:
- WFT quickly brings the opponent behind her, and springs off of them using her feet, and flipping away.
* It does 9%, and sends them behind her at an angle around 35 degrees.

Uthrow:
- WFT volleys them up. (Like a Volley ball two hand starter volley)
* It does 11/12%, and sends straight up.

Dthrow:
* It does 8%.

~

This is what I discovered from the videos I could find. I'd love to analyze any other videos people make at Best Buy smashfests. So please, do link them somewhere on the WFT boards. :)

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Courtesy of @Croi

Wii Fit Trainer:

Recovery is terrible, but maybe I'm just using it wrong? I pressed up+b and she barely went anywhere. Maybe you have to press it repeatedly, or maybe jiggle the stick? Either way it was crapass.
Frames in general feel generous and she *feels* like she hits decently hard. Her specials are generally pretty booty, though.
Her "Praise the Sun" projectile is slow and weak, even fully charged, but it charges quickly. Not a good trade since you typically charge attacks when the opponent is offstage anyway.
"Focus" offers too little for too much and can fail entirely if your timing is off.
Volleyball is actually pretty neat. Angle can be adjusted slightly and I believe it can be smashed, like Samus's missiles.
Overall Wii Fit Trainer feels very technical. She could potentially be devastating but I can't put in the time or the effort with a limited Best Buy beta demo to say for sure.

GetWiiFit

Smash Rookie
As a more casual, non-competitive Smash player, I don't really understand all of the techniques and percentages that most of y'all talk about. However, I've been excited about WFT's inclusion since her first trailer. I was extremely excited to use her for the demo today.

However, I did not realize how precise her attacks are. If you don't aim perfectly, it seems that your attack is entirely useless. However, this is made up by her speed. There's very little wait time between attacks which makes her a quick yet strong fighter. I didn't really see any extremely strong attacks other than her up + a attack which can send opponents flying. I also didn't have much of a problem with her recovery except for the fact that it doesn't give much vertical movement. Her side b is also pretty powerful but only if you can connect it, which can be difficult. Her Sun Salutation was much faster charged than I expected but it was also pretty weak. I guess it's just a tradeoff. I am glad it's different than Samus' charge, though. My last complaint was the difficulty of Deep Breathing since it didn't really seem worth the trouble.

Overall, I loved WFT. She was a unique character and I had a ton of fun playing as her.

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
You need to use deep breathing to power-up her attacks.

I saw Wii Fit Trainer forward-smash Mega Man and he didn't get hit. I think it hits farther behind her.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I heard, actually, that Deep Breathing actually DOESN'T power up all her attacks, contrary to popular belief.

What Deep Breathing does is if you do it correctly, it heals a small bit of health, and ONLY powers up Sun Salutation. Which is kinda disappointing.
And if you try using it twice quickly, the second time the gray line moves MUCH slower. "To balance it out."

And from my analysis, it only lasts until you get hit.

I got this info from the Nintendo @ TreeHouse stream.
So I hope the guy saying this was wrong, but i highly doubt it.

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
I do agree that the Hula Hoop is a very below avg recovery, but it's only to offset her outrageously high jumps.

And Deep Breathing does heal about 2-4% of health. I also found that releasing a fully charged Sun Salutation w/ Deep Breathing did around 40% which took me by surprise.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So what are her skins in the demo? I heard male was available, but it has to be more than just the two. I can't seem to find any videos showcasing her colors though.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
And Deep Breathing does heal about 2-4% of health. I also found that releasing a fully charged Sun Salutation w/ Deep Breathing did around 40% which took me by surprise.
That's interesting.
I think the ideal thing to do with this combination is just always have a fully stored Sun Salutation on hand until you want to hard punish someone after a jab pitfall. if you manage to set up a deep breathing before hand that becomes a 49% hit confirm off of anything that's punishable by jab.

Freaking beautiful.

Thank you so much for providing basically EVERYTHING we need to know about this character. This is easily one of the best info dumps so far on these boards. :>

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
That's interesting.
I think the ideal thing to do with this combination is just always have a fully stored Sun Salutation on hand until you want to hard punish someone after a jab pitfall. if you manage to set up a deep breathing before hand that becomes a 49% hit confirm off of anything that's punishable by jab.

Freaking beautiful.

Thank you so much for providing basically EVERYTHING we need to know about this character. This is easily one of the best info dumps so far on these boards. :>
I've actually found out a TON more other things now too. (I nearly know the damage, general KB, and angle of just about every move.) I can make an updated list soon. :D

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
I will say that her Hula Hoops have a long recovery time. She lands and does a finish pose (which I think is funny) but it takes forever. But I don't see the need to use this move offensively

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
I was suprised by how much I liked her. Powerful smash attacks with some range and a buff.
Sun salutation is great too, and recovery seems almost over powered.
Won the game I played as her with 5 kills zero deaths.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
So what are her skins in the demo? I heard male was available, but it has to be more than just the two. I can't seem to find any videos showcasing her colors though.
Blue Male/Female. Green Male/Female. Everyone had 4 skins just in case there was a match with 4 of the same characters.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
After E3, I am much more interested in the Wii Fit Trainer. I feel like she will be so fun to play as, and I love how some of her attacks hit both ways (arm hitting forwards and leg hitting backwards).

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Did deep breathing only give her specials a boost or any attack?
It was reported in one of the Treehouse streams to heal 2-4%, and ONLY power up Sun Salutation.

IDK if that's true though, as I saw some attacks do 1-2% more damage after WFT successfully used it while WFT was still glowing with the powered up visual. So I'm still hoping for all attacks to be powered up by it.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I knew Wii Fit Trainer was gonna be awesome!

Oh I dunno if it's just Wii Fit trainer being strong but I did kill a Rosalina at low damge with Up air. Dunno if she's strong or Rosalina is just very light.

To me her aerials all seems very fast and powerful. That Back air is pretty fast and very strong.

And I feel Wii Fit Trainer has a great grab. I was grabbing people constantly and very quickly too! Fast pummel and good throws. I was able to grab small characters like villager and Little Mac well. So I don't think size matters when trying to grab.

Didn't have deep breathing on just a regular up air from the mid part of Smashville.

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Played her one of my two matches (I also played as Rosalina) and had a ton of fun with her. She definitely felt very "unique," in that her attacks felt like they were launching people quite far for how speedy she is (and how speedily they come out). Also interesting, as a lot of people have noted, are how strange a lot of her attacks' hitboxes are - they tend to hit at very irregular angles and, in a lot of cases, in multiple directions.

I only played her for two minutes, so I didn't really have enough time to play around with Deep Breathing, but I did see quite a few people's Deep Breathing/Sun Salutations do a lot. I'm very excited for her for sure!

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
She is one of my mains already. I love her deep breathing and sun salutation moves, They are just awesome.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I played her with Smash Run. She's extremely fast in general, and during the five minutes I got to play around with Deep Breathing and Sun Salutation. Pretty much I think I can safely say that Deep Breathing doesn't do anything to any attacks besides Sun Salutation. If it does, it must be a very slight change because I didn't notice it at all. When I actually got into battle with her after, I pummeled everyone without a death.

10/10 would play again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom