• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Buy Demo Discussion - What do you think of Marth in Smash 4?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
"Turns out that BJay was the ZSS Player"

Screw you. I hate you warping my perception of Marth into low tier!!!! :p
Maybe I should've been more critical of jump in counter and guessed >.>

Either way, I suddenly realised that while Marth may have gotten some frame data nerfs, we've perhaps seen a later build in the direct that seemed to show much larger sweeper aerials (i.e. 360 fair, a HUGE down air that didn't seem that laggy), which would kinda be an interesting relegation of power I guess.

Last edited:

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
WHOOPS! Double post!

Last edited:

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
I could not care less if he is buffed in strength or not. I could not care less what his tier position is. What I want is a character who feels like Marth. Someone fast, with a sweetspot on the end of a disjointed hitbox, and who combos nicely.

From what I've played of SSB4, Marth cannot combo for the life of him, and moves at the speed of molasses.

But at least the no tripping of SSB4 will mean his foxtrot will be more useful. That's something good about my favorite character, right?

*cries*

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I could not care less if he is buffed in strength or not. I could not care less what his tier position is. What I want is a character who feels like Marth. Someone fast, with a sweetspot on the end of a disjointed hitbox, and who combos nicely.

From what I've played of SSB4, Marth cannot combo for the life of him, and moves at the speed of molasses.

But at least the no tripping of SSB4 will mean his foxtrot will be more useful. That's something good about my favorite character, right?

*cries*
Like you, I am very disappointed with what I've seen. Tier or not, he's not as good. Though he looks cooler at least... I want a better combo-ing Marth honestly. With a better knockback on non-tippers to compensate for his better half (Lucina).

Top Bottom