• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Buy Demo Discussion - What do you think of Fox in Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I would honestly hope this isn't the case, Fox's Illusion is the only one without something special to it, so it would be nice if the increased mobility/recovery would be Fox's thing.
Are you serious? If anyone deserves this change, it's Falco. His Up-B in Melee/Brawl was garbage.

Anyway, I'm really pissed about the whole laser lag thing. Completely unnecessary. What was Sakurai thinking??? He might as well remove Fox's gun as well as his reflector since they are pretty much useless now.

Last edited:

Infamous_Prime

Smash Cadet
Are you serious? If anyone deserves this change, it's Falco. His Up-B in Melee/Brawl was garbage.

Anyway, I'm really pissed about the whole laser lag thing. Completely unnecessary. What was Sakurai thinking??? He might as well remove Fox's gun as well as his reflector since they are pretty much useless now.
Keep in mind there are a lot of different builds. In come builds samus could missle cancel, and some couldnt. In one build marth is less laggy than another. So theres a small chance that fox might actually be really good....guess we'll see.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
I agree Falco needs a recovery buff to keep up with the crazy recoveries now. It's just that Fox's Illusion is the only one without something special to it. It would be nice if Fox actually got a meaningful change to his SideB rather than it just being worse than Falco's/Wolf's.

Also, Falco's recovery is worse because his on-stage game is better than Fox's and he actually controls space. If he can`t chaingrab everyone like in Brawl this time around, it would be nice to see some other buffs for him.

Infamous_Prime

Smash Cadet
I think fox has plenty of ways to control space, and he has a lot of technicalities. Really, all 3 spacies are super unique, and pretty complicated at the highest level, hence why so many people dont play them anymore. And, of course because he has the CG, falco is the most played. But it would be nice if he has a better recovery. Really you have to be extremely good at your onstage game, and even so if you get off stage youre going to be pretty easily edgeguarded, especially by like an MK. Everyone is saying smash4 will just be like brawl 2.0...itd be nice to see more changes in the final version than there are currently.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Also, Falco's recovery is worse because his on-stage game is better than Fox's and he actually controls space. If he can`t chaingrab everyone like in Brawl this time around, it would be nice to see some other buffs for him.
The throws in this game look like they send you so far, even at 0%. I doubt there will be chaingrabs this time around. Then again I'm only basing this off of the early build demo so I could be wrong.

Infamous_Prime

Smash Cadet
The throws in this game look like they send you so far, even at 0%. I doubt there will be chaingrabs this time around. Then again I'm only basing this off of the early build demo so I could be wrong.
It will be interesting to see if chain grabs will be back. Not only will it determine how well certain cg reliant characters do, like yoshi, DDD, falco, and sorta pika(as well as a lot of marths early throw combos), but itll also determine the legality of walkoff stages. Frankly, no CGs would sorta be nice, so that maybee more stages would be legal. Like the new fire emblem arena stage.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Fox has Chun-Li's Super Combo for his jabs XD.

He also has crazy Utilt strings at low percents and he can fire Landmaster shots in the air now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom